Animated figures discontinued?

formerly nortagem

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm already pissed about this, how can they saw their out in national retail stores i geuss they mean that Animated toys are stiil out not that you could Blackout or Thundercracker at K-mart or tru

Some people need to learn how to use spell check.

Anyways, this is just another foul up in a pretty impressive line of things that Hasbro has failed to properly address. As a company, they are pretty good at sending out mixed signals. They need to go ahead and get all of these out and close the Animated line down the right way.

i'm already pissed about this, how can they saw their out in national retail stores i geuss they mean that Animated toys are stiil out not that you could Blackout or Thundercracker at K-mart or tru

It's the item number. Most Animated figures (transformers in genereal actualy)only use a couple item numbers.

For example the item number attached to Animated Arcee is 493859 and most companies and retailers look up product just by that.

The trouble is ALL Animated Deluxe figures use that item number, so when they say the figure may be in a TRU or something like that, they aren't looking at Animated Blackout. What they're looking at is Transformers/Animated/Voyager and thats it.

When I was looking for Arcee I learned this. I called a TRU with the item number and they told me they had 9 in stock. I went, and didn't find 9 Arcees, I did however find 9 assorted deluxe figures.

Without the actual barcode they can't give information on an individual figure. It may sound annoying (which it is), but I learned this way back when while hunting for Beast Machines Rattrap, it all has to do with the fact that figures are shipped together in cases, and not individualy.

I know you would expect better from the manufacturer, but don't, they rarely have anything listed by individual names. If your looking for a voyager and they say it's discontinued, that tends to mean that ALL voyagers for that line are discontinued, and whatevers out there is all thats left.

It's the item number. Most Animated figures (transformers in genereal actualy)only use a couple item numbers.

For example the item number attached to Animated Arcee is 493859 and most companies and retailers look up product just by that.

The trouble is ALL Animated Deluxe figures use that item number, so when they say the figure may be in a TRU or something like that, they aren't looking at Animated Blackout. What they're looking at is Transformers/Animated/Voyager and thats it.

When I was looking for Arcee I learned this. I called a TRU with the item number and they told me they had 9 in stock. I went, and didn't find 9 Arcees, I did however find 9 assorted deluxe figures.

Without the actual barcode they can't give information on an individual figure. It may sound annoying (which it is), but I learned this way back when while hunting for Beast Machines Rattrap, it all has to do with the fact that figures are shipped together in cases, and not individualy.

I know you would expect better from the manufacturer, but don't, they rarely have anything listed by individual names. If your looking for a voyager and they say it's discontinued, that tends to mean that ALL voyagers for that line are discontinued, and whatevers out there is all thats left.

well thats what i'm saying, Hasbro said in that email that they could have them in a national retail store, they never said specificly Blackout or Thundercracker could be at a store

Meh. Im not so worried about this anymore. Im pretty sure that even if Hasbro doesnt put these out that Takara will. Itll be more costly but still better then not getting them at all. Im particularly wanting for Rodimus.

And my good buddy who is on this forum YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, got a similar email only instead, it stated that Golfire Grimlock and Hydrodive Bumblebee are coming soon.

Yeah, i'm going to see if I can dig up a copy of that email or something.

Frankly I'm just fuming about this whole Animated Arcee thing; I've been swinging past my local Toys R Us twice a week on my way to run errands for a month, and the only thing they got in so far was a crap load of season 1 figures that everyone already has so no one is buying.

So much for clearing shelf space so they can sell those Arcees and Ratchets.

FYI, I did pick up an animated Skywarp recently at both WalMart and Toysrus. Isn't that a new product or am I mistaken?

Skywarp's actually been out for a bit; I know I was seeing him in my local Wal-Mart a several months before Christmas last year.

FYI, I did pick up an animated Skywarp recently at both WalMart and Toysrus. Isn't that a new product or am I mistaken?

Skywarp's actually been out for a bit; I know I was seeing him in my local Wal-Mart a several months before Christmas last year.

Skywarp and Sunstorm have been out for awhile. Thundercracker had an activators figure but if you see a voyager one you need to let us now ASAP.

Personally I wouldve preferred Ramjet (with nosecone helmet) as opposed to a voyager Thundercracker.

Archived