Mindwipe Skystalker combination

SuperSaiyanGoku

And a close up of the connection on the back.

post-23410-12711550557697_thumb.jpg

This configuration requires minor partsforming, in order to ensure that Skystalker will fit securely on Mindwipe's shoulders. Remove Skystalker's legs from their ball joints, and attach them to their usual pegs on Mindwipe's shoulders. Detach Skystalker's hooks from his wings and set them aside for now.

Next, position Skystalker's arms as though they were going into alt-mode, but instead of pegging his lower arms together (the parts with the 808 on them), rotate them downward so that the elbow joint will allow you to bend the arms downward. This is where the hooks come in.

Skystalker's hooks attach to his arms using the clip and directed so that the hooks aim down, and should lightly catch onto Mindwipe's back for added stability. Mindwipe's tailfins fit around Skystalker and hold him in place for the most part. The last step, which I don't have pics of yet, involves the "inside" of the head.

You need to deploy Skystalker's landing gear, and raise the orange frame that usually goes behind Mindwipe's head. Fit the landing gear in the hole from above, then use that frame to pin the landing gear against Mindwipe's shoulders. That should secure Skystalker in place.

Position Skystalker's wings into position, and make sure that Skystalker's head and chest are pretty much in position for alt-mode, and you're pretty much done!

I did some more adjustments since taking the pics, so here are a few more "undocumented" steps.

Once Skystalker is in position, you should notice that the gaps in his wings make for very vicious looking hollow eyes, and a rather menacing beak. Now only if he had a lower jaw...

If you partially deploy Mindwipe's head, you can use that as a partially articulated lower jaw! The pointed "ears" of Mindwipe's head make for very convincing teeth, and the head articulation should allow you to pose their combined beast form in any number of nom-nom poses. (I had him chewing on Swerve's decapitated head for a while...)

Finally, to make him even MORE beastly (and to differentiate him from Mindwipe's standard robot mode), position the forearms in their alt-mode position (with the cockpit blades as they would be for alt-mode), then twist the arms around using the bicep swivel so that the inside of each arm points out to form a nasty pair of murder spikes.

And there you have the Headmaster version of Voyager Mindwipe and Skystalker! :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA!! "Murder spikes!" Pretty interesting. ^_^

That combined mode looks really nice. I'm looking forward to picking these guys up, if I can find them (if they've been released in the UK that is).

That combined mode looks really nice. I'm looking forward to picking these guys up, if I can find them (if they've been released in the UK that is).

May have to import Skystalker, as Hasbro are screwing us again.. :alert

Oh yay :doh But we're scheduled to get Mindwipe? He's the one I'm more excited about, if I could get Skystalker that would be nice, but not essential.

Skystalker's been available here in spain for about 2 months now, So hopefully the UK wil get him in too. We haven't had Mindwipe show up yet :emo

Skystalker's been available here in spain for about 2 months now, So hopefully the UK wil get him in too. We haven't had Mindwipe show up yet :emo

Well that sounds hopeful, I'll keep an eye out for Skystalker in that case.

Oh yay :doh But we're scheduled to get Mindwipe? He's the one I'm more excited about, if I could get Skystalker that would be nice, but not essential.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=57659&st=1960

This combination?

2010-03-04135346.jpg

It's a matter of not flipping the shoulders all the way down on mindwipe and sliding skystalker into the chest cavity from behind. It looks awesome, but seems too finicky to me

once I get theese two I'll probably pose them like this

Archived