Review: Animated Cybertronian Mode Ratchet Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
They're baaaaaaack! Due to popular demand, the Animated lineup will begin an encore appearance. Toys R Us is the first to bring in fresh new stock with 2 exclusive figures. Scalpers seem to be having a field day with Arcee, but we did manage to find a younger Ratchet still in his Cybertronian guise. The following review delves into the figure.

The question isn't whether or not you want to buy him or not, the question is just where the hell is he! Every TRU I check just has the same old stuff they always have with no sign of Ratchet or Arcee anywhere. Though I must admit this is probably my favorite Cybertronian mode figure from the animated line, Optimus didn't really impress me and to be honest Megatron's cybertronian mode is...well let's just say I like his Earth mode better, Ratchet on the otherhand is probably the first figure where I prefer the cybertronian mode over the earth mode.

Oh and just for no reason at all "I like turtles"

Yeah, I have yet to find either Arcee or Ratchet as well. The sad thing is that every TRU I went to has all of their exclusive G.I. Joe toys, but the Transformers section is stagnant. What's even worse is that TRU reset the aisles. Now Transformers and G.I. Joe have what amounts to a quarter of the shelf space.

So far, I've seen Ratchet at 2 TRU locations. Both times, there were 3 Ratchets on the shelf and ZERO Arcees. Meanwhile, There's 52 hits on eBay for Arcee. The pricing, naturally, is ludicrous.

I'm starting to worry about how scarce the TRU exclusive MP Grimlock will be now....Arcee is just a warning to events that are soon to follow. :tfsad

Though I'm starting to wonder who the next Animated figures to be released will be? I know Blackout has been MIA for quite awhile now, I mean didn't Peaugh review that guy like 6 monthes ago or something? :wtf

I want this figure for the alt.

The bot looks alot better then the first offering too. Seems like a nice trade (if anyone wants my earth mode ratchet).

I can't wait for Wensday, thats when I get to go hunting again. Hoping to find some new TFs, it's been sparce here since January.

also, the scalpers again :roll

Give it time people, Perceptor and the Insecticons didn't make it here till a week before Christmas. Walmart had the same issues with Skywarp, and now we're tripping over them.

TRU has the most clogged and outdated shelves, but tons of exclusives. When room is made, I'm sure these will become just as comon as the Nemesis and metalicito exclusives.

unless those mean ol scalpers get them first!!!

I want this figure for the alt.

The bot looks alot better then the first offering too. Seems like a nice trade (if anyone wants my earth mode ratchet).

I can't wait for Wensday, thats when I get to go hunting again. Hoping to find some new TFs, it's been sparce here since January.

also, the scalpers again :roll

Give it time people, Perceptor and the Insecticons didn't make it here till a week before Christmas. Walmart had the same issues with Skywarp, and now we're tripping over them.

TRU has the most clogged and outdated shelves, but tons of exclusives. When room is made, I'm sure these will become just as comon as the Nemesis and metalicito exclusives.

unless those mean ol scalpers get them first!!!

Out of all of those TRU exclusives, Arcee and Ratchet are the only ones that will have a high demand.

So far, I've seen Ratchet at 2 TRU locations. Both times, there were 3 Ratchets on the shelf and ZERO Arcees. Meanwhile, There's 52 hits on eBay for Arcee. The pricing, naturally, is ludicrous.

Aaah... If I ever meet one of these scalpers in real life I may get arrested on assault charges... good times, good times :tfgrin

But I digress... how come if these are Toys R Us exclusives do they not at least have a listing on ToysRUs.com for them? Is this an In Store exclusive on top of being a toys r us exclusive? Cuz that doesn't really seem fair to me.

Archived