Scout SkyStalker

Yuyuyami

Damn, this guy is neat. He's tiny, cuddly and demonic. He's simple, elegant, and unlike his big brother Mindwipe, NOT FRUSTRATING.

Alt Mode:

SkyStalker is a neat little flying wing, a rare alt mode that really ought to be used more often. They're neat. Did I say this guy is neat? Yeah, I'm gonna keep saying it, he's neat.

SkyStalker's wingspan is a little bit wider than a deluxe jet's wingspan and he's about half as long. And he's neat. What can I say? He's tiny, doesn't have any gimmicks besides sitting on top of Mindwipe and he's neat! His charm comes from how neat he is, not any descriptions I can give.

He's neat and I can't stop saying it. I love his little flying wing mode and my only complaint is that his engines can sometimes get knocked out of place. He gets a solid 10/10 for sheer neatness.

Transformation:

SkyStalker's transformation is fairly involved for his size, like most of the ROTF Scouts. It's also neat. The only issue I have with it is that eventually, from wear and tear, the legs won't be able to solidly snap into place in jet mode. It's a neat, simplistic transformation.

Can you tell I really love this little guy? His transformation gets an 8/10, not higher because even though it's neat, it doesn't do anything special.

Robot Mode:

SkyStalker's robot mode's not only neat, it's BADASS. He has two axes of murderous fury, torn, bat like wings, a bat like cyclops head and awesome poseability. One of my favorite things about this guy is how his feet are springloaded. Did that suck for the Fallen? Hell yes. Does it work for SkyStalker? Hell yes. The springs are only strong enough to support SkyStalker, not strong enough to topple him and you DON'T need to manually spread them, they open just fine when you set him down.

My only qualm with his robot mode is how his wings are on balljoints instead of a double hinge. I don't like this because the only position I like the wings is the default position they're in from the transformation anyway and the wings are kibbly enough that they can come off if you grab him wrong.

Skystalker's robot mode gets a 10/10 for pure awesomeness.

Summary:

This guy is the best of all the awesome ROTF Scouts. I recommend getting him immediately.

Archived