American Dad Has ''The Touch'' Sunday March 28

MISP Steve

Stan Bush's rock anthem "The Touch" from the original Transformers Movie, will be featured Sunday (March 28) on AMERICAN DAD (Fox). "The Touch" recently out on Guitar Hero WT, was also featured on CHUCK (NBC), in the film BOOGIE NIGHTS, and in two Hasbro Transformers toys. Look for Stan's new album "Dream the Dream" to be released this summer (2010). Get more info at stanbush.com. Read the Full News Story Here

American Dad has surpassed Family Guy in leaps and bounds concerning me.

poor Cleveland Show, but they really couldn't think that would work.

Agreed, I'd rather watch American Dad over all the others. It works so much better then the random throw away jokes that Family Guy does (not that I don't like Family Guy). And Cleveland Show is getting better. The Christmas episode had me in stitches.

I'll never understand why Stan Bush news automatically equals Transformers news.

He doesn't. His music is the focus of this article. If you were to ask anyone about "The Touch", their first reaction would be to say "TransFormers The Movie". A good portion of that film's soundtrack has his work on it.

It's been a geek anthem for years, and geeks know exactly what it's about.

So, for it to be on American Dad (MacFarlane is a TF fan.) means it's hitting mainstream and might even bring us a larger audience.

Hell, I couldn't stand Highlander when I first heard of the story. I listened to Queen and loved their music, so when I found out they wrote the soundtrack, I figured I should give the movie a shot. I've been hooked ever since. Who's to say the A.D. exposure to this song couldn't do the same thing for someone new to our fandom?

^ Going mainstream and bringing us a larger audience? I don't think that Stan Bush is the one to bring Transformers (if thats what you mean by "us") a larger audience. Especially when the Transformers movies are some of the highest grossing movies in recent memory. I think Stan Bush is just an aging musician who hasn't seen success since Transformers: The Movie and is doing anything he can to try and get some free publicity by associating his music with Transformerdome.

"Hey guys! I'm gonna have a new song, it's not The Touch or anything or associated with Transformers in any way but please buy it. For old times sake? Please? PLEASE!?!?"

^ Going mainstream and bringing us a larger audience? I don't think that Stan Bush is the one to bring Transformers (if thats what you mean by "us") a larger audience. Especially when the Transformers movies are some of the highest grossing movies in recent memory. I think Stan Bush is just an aging musician who hasn't seen success since Transformers: The Movie and is doing anything he can to try and get some free publicity by associating his music with Transformerdome.

"Hey guys! I'm gonna have a new song, it's not The Touch or anything or associated with Transformers in any way but please buy it. For old times sake? Please? PLEASE!?!?"

I said it could, didn't say it would. And yes, I realize that the movies put us on the map, but we didn't reach everyone. MacFarlane's work goes in many directions and could reach people we hadn't before.

I understand what your saying, but I doubt it's gonna be that far reaching.

Honestly, and this came up the otherday when my sister put a clip on Facebook, dam near everyone thought the song originated in Boogie Nights.

When I tried telling them the song was alot older, they didn't believe me and I had to start with the links.

It may be a geek anthem, but 'most' people think Dirk Diggler wrote it.

I understand what your saying, but I doubt it's gonna be that far reaching.

Honestly, and this came up the otherday when my sister put a clip on Facebook, dam near everyone thought the song originated in Boogie Nights.

When I tried telling them the song was alot older, they didn't believe me and I had to start with the links.

It may be a geek anthem, but 'most' people think Dirk Diggler wrote it.

All very true, but MacFarlane is the king of "I don't quite get it..." jokes. Google comes in handy.

Even if it were possible to sway just one person, that's one more in the mix. And he or she could be the gateway to more.

Archived