Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Toys Video Demos

MISP Steve

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty much how I thought Bruticus and Superion would work. So, does the extra head on the other PCC toys mean they can also be used with the drones?

I believe that's the idea behind it. Y'r supposed to be able to use any core figure with any drones. Autobot or Decepticon. So really the possibilities are kinda limitless in how many different looking combined bots you can make. Though I am not thrilled like most of you are about the drones thing etc. At least they automorph into limbs which is kinda nifty.

I'd rather have articulation over automorph.

The PCC 2 packs still have my intrest, the 5 packs are still not swaying me. I think they're really overselling the versatility of these combination wise.

When you think about it most combiners in TF history have been that versatile.

The gun cars are growing on me though. If I see them on clearance I may get them (I wouldn't pay full price) Playwise I can see using them as decoy drones who would pull off some stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeI8czwOxXM

That would be :awsum

The one saving grace about the PCC 5-packs is that the combiners don't require any "combiner kibble" such as hands, feet, chest plates, heads, etc.

That's pretty much how I thought Bruticus and Superion would work. So, does the extra head on the other PCC toys mean they can also be used with the drones?

Correct, all of the 2 pack scout figures can and will combine with the 5 pack drones.

The one saving grace about the PCC 5-packs is that the combiners don't require any "combiner kibble" such as hands, feet, chest plates, heads, etc.

Huh? I think the extra "kibble" would have made the combiners so much better. They look too skinny as is. What's worse, they suffer the same problem as the Energon combiners - no defined hands or feet. And you know what? The Energon Combiners finally look nice after custom feet and hands were created by FansProject. That should tell you something about how important the "combiner kibble" is to fans.

EDIT: Admittedly, Bruticus does look better than Superior. Not quite so anorexic.

Ideally, a combiner should have all of it's parts fully incorporated into the component bots and not require extra kibble. Voltron managed to pull that off, the Power Rangers do as well, RotF Devastator does also, and the Legends version is made up of fully transforming component bots. The perfect Transformers combiners would be Scramble City combiners with fully transforming component bots and no extra "combiner kibble".

For me the Perferct combiners where in Beast Wars and RID. Each was intricate, self contained, acurate and had all 3 modes (save for the G1 reissues of course).

The scramble style, energon, and now I guess PCC combiners are pretty much a let down to me. Even in a figure like Predaking(ho I love), you have 1 main figure with a bunch of hanger ons.

There are some nice teams out there, but it is a bit boring

Ideally, a combiner should have all of it's parts fully incorporated into the component bots and not require extra kibble. Voltron managed to pull that off, the Power Rangers do as well, RotF Devastator does also, and the Legends version is made up of fully transforming component bots. The perfect Transformers combiners would be Scramble City combiners with fully transforming component bots and no extra "combiner kibble".

Boy, using RotF Devastator as your example is not helping your argument. Again, I like to see defined hands. Voltron didn't have that. All we get for "hands" are some silly looking claws for the PCCs.

I don't see the problem with extra "kibble." Even the customs by FansProject can be incorporated into the figures. So I'm having a hard time seeing your argument here.

Archived