Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Speed Stars & Stealth Force

Peter_Van

These arent really my type of thing. I do like the wide range of characters that they're using though. If I ever see them on clearance I might be intrested in some of those gun cars as assault drones.

I like the Power Force vehicles in the way that I like some of the similar larger Hotwheels Battleforce 5 stuff, but to me Hasbro is trying to compete with too many different markets with this stuff. Why else would they need Hotwheels-esque RPMs and this stuff that directly competes with the diecast car market? I'm not compelled to get the RPM stuff just because it has Transformers livery. If I want Hotwheels, I'll buy Hotwheels.

Can't blame them for taking a shot though. Not like we have to buy any of it.

I could get behind a new MASK line BTW :thumb

You're right of course about them taking a shot, because it's their job to make the profits where they can. I just don't get all of the ancillary material. I figured my son, who is a big hotwheels/matchbox fan, would go for the RPMs but the cross marketing is lost on him. Do those things sell? I see a ton of them all the time.

I don't see them selling around here either, and don't really expect to keep seeing them in a year or two unless that changes.

These gun cars and whatevers to me are the same as the Battle Bumpers which is a concept they'be been experimenting with and adding to since they first showed up in 07.

Those aren't for me, I don't really like them, but the 4 year old who lives below me has some and loves them.

These just further that idea. At least thats how I see it.

Archived