Elita-1 (Chromia repaint)

JasonTheX

Interesting combination. A couple of things though. If you look at the concept art, Arcee's wheels (the double wheel set) are supposed to end up high behind the head of the combined mode, not as the main support wheel. The combined mode runs on a single wheel. IT's the purple sister who's wheel the combined mode rides on primarily.

That was concept art.

And out of all the crappy attempts to combine these three (not that people are crappy, the toys are), this one actually looks the best. And it only took you Wheelsnake fans a year to do it/sarcasm. Well done/non-sarcasm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I went ahead and bought another Chromia. I painted her purple (looks pretty good, but imperfect) which will save me time, money, and gas. (Because Elita will be a bitch to find... and I don't like the official color scheme)

I've tried the combination in the video link, I see how it works and how it looks like the concept art, and I just don't think it's the way it's supposed to be.

I do think the combination shown here in pictures might be closer, due to the fact that Arcee's left arm splits in two, and the combined mode is the ONLY reason that would split apart, but I still don't think it's the correct combination either.

Now, a few folks had tossed around this idea before me, so I take no credit for it, but...I think they may be right in their assumption:

The combined form isn't a robot, but a vehicle.

If you look at the hole on Arcee's torso, where the arm would peg in (opened up or closed, it still pegs), which would push her torso back, towards the connector pieces, thus eliminating her as the robot's head.

And this kinda fits in a way, because of the concept previz on the ROTF special features disc. It showed a triwheeled "thing" with weapons.

I'm assuming that we're looking at the wrong thing here, I think it forms a vehicle, not a robot. I think it's a reverse Magmatron, where the components form a vehicle mode, instead of alt modes forming a robot.

I could be wrong, and it's simply a matter of waiting for the official instructions to be released, or hopefully when Elita "sneaks" off the production line, so will her instructions (or a link to them as it was said they'd be online....)

I have a feeling that no matter how we try, this combined mode is going to be an abomination of some sort. I'm not exactly happy right now, and I don't think you will be either.

I will be pissed if we waited all this time and we end up getting a puzzle out of it and nothing more.

The Chromia mold is far from perfect because it's really the wrong mold to use for this character. Get a second Arcee, mod her, and repaint her and you'll have the third sister.

The Chromia mold is far from perfect because it's really the wrong mold to use for this character. Get a second Arcee, mod her, and repaint her and you'll have the third sister.

I'm gonna go with the official setup. Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1. I realize that the molds aren't perfect and have problems due to the designs, but I'm going to go with Hasbro's recommendation.

If it turns out that I just wasted $10.00 on nothing, eh, nothing I can do. Elita-1 was going to be nothing different except for color and perhaps a different head. (Which I'm not even sure of...)

Anywho, here's my trio:

033010233514-1.jpg

I'm gonna go with the official setup. Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1. I realize that the molds aren't perfect and have problems due to the designs, but I'm going to go with Hasbro's recommendation.

If it turns out that I just wasted $10.00 on nothing, eh, nothing I can do. Elita-1 was going to be nothing different except for color and perhaps a different head. (Which I'm not even sure of...)

Anywho, here's my trio:

033010233514-1.jpg

So am I. I too am talking about her official form— specifically, how she actually appeared in the movie itself. The Chromia mold looks nothing like her actual appearance in the movie. The Arcee mold with some slight modification to move her front wheel onto the left arm looks almost exactly like the third sister.

Archived