Elita-1 (Chromia repaint)

JasonTheX

didn't he say 'arcee twins get ready' or something. Maybe I herd it wrong, it's not important.

No, he said, "Arcee! Twins!..." it was just really fast. He was referring to Arcee (and her sisters) as well as Skids and Mudflap, ordering them to go after Sideways. If you notice, Both Arcee's group and the twins acknowledge the order and chase after Sideways.

Agreeing that they picked the wrong figure to reuse though.

Definitely. That's why I made my own using Arcee. I'll probably still end up getting it though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only reason why I won't try what you did is a history of mutilated figures.

Even if it's something simple, I won't mod anything anymore.

Closest I've come to that is TF2 Swerve, and that was just a matter of taking a sharpie to his chest. First time I did something like that since Beast Machines.

Mind if i pose this question, how do we know the Elita 1 they showed off is not a chromia prototype they are using as mach up, for a figure that they do not have one hand yet? its not the first time they have showed us one mold to represent another one, it happend all the time with the mini cons. and if you take alook ate the searchlight photos you will see huffers minicon with him in stead of his own.

^ really !?!

I'll bet you $1000 right now that it's definitive.

Sure we may not know, but at this point there's no shortage on experience. With that, they should hope we feel lucky for this subpar repaint.

-edited to bump it from $500 to an even G.

Mind if i pose this question, how do we know the Elita 1 they showed off is not a chromia prototype they are using as mach up, for a figure that they do not have one hand yet? its not the first time they have showed us one mold to represent another one, it happend all the time with the mini cons. and if you take alook ate the searchlight photos you will see huffers minicon with him in stead of his own.

^ really !?!

I'll bet you $1000 right now that it's definitive.

Sure we may not know, but at this point there's no shortage on experience. With that, they should hope we feel lucky for this subpar repaint.

-edited to bump it from $500 to an even G.

I have to agree with Liege on this. Hasbro had mentioned back at SD ComicCon that she might be a repaint of Chromia. Why they chose to use the Chromia mold is anybody's guess though.

I don't doubt taht she'll be a straight up repaint. Hasbro has been there and done that dozens of times over. Hell way back in the 80s they gave us repainted seekers right off the bat! And, when series 2 came out they gave us more of the same figures just repainted with some different attachments or modifications. So really, a repaint should be no surprise to anyone. As for why Chromia rather that Arcee... me thinks it is cause Chromia is dare I say it, a better figure compared to Arceea. Not that it says much about either figure!

I'm skipping Elita-1 and just going for a second Chromia. I have no doubt that the combined figure will be a missmash, but I'd rather deal with just the 2 colors instead of 3.

I would suggest getting a second Arcee instead and modifying her. It's a much closer mold to the Flareup/Elita-1 design than the Chromia mold and really easy to modify into her with very little work. All you need to do is cut the front fork assembly from the "legs", and glue it onto the hub on her arm then, in robot mode, rotate the whole faring around so that the wheel is in front of her hand. I just finished mine, paint and everything, except for the license plate.

I posted this somewhere a while back, it's my best guess for a starting point,

post-13230-12665157713551_thumb.jpg

But back to Elita, I'm very disappointed they didn't make a new mold, or at least a remold.

I agree there. If anything, it should have been a retool of Arcee, not a repaint of Chromia.

Ummm... I don't suppose you could provide some pics of this little modification?

I'm skipping Elita-1 and just going for a second Chromia. I have no doubt that the combined figure will be a missmash, but I'd rather deal with just the 2 colors instead of 3.

I would suggest getting a second Arcee instead and modifying her. It's a much closer mold to the Flareup/Elita-1 design than the Chromia mold and really easy to modify into her with very little work. All you need to do is cut the front fork assembly from the "legs", and glue it onto the hub on her arm then, in robot mode, rotate the whole faring around so that the wheel is in front of her hand. I just finished mine, paint and everything, except for the license plate.

I posted this somewhere a while back, it's my best guess for a starting point,

post-13230-12665157713551_thumb.jpg

But back to Elita, I'm very disappointed they didn't make a new mold, or at least a remold.

I agree there. If anything, it should have been a retool of Arcee, not a repaint of Chromia.

Ummm... I don't suppose you could provide some pics of this little modification?

I don't have pics of mine yet. She's going to be an eventual contest entry, so I can't post pics of her yet. However, another Sector 70 member does have a similar one here. The main difference between his version and mine is the way he cuts the front wheel off and mods the arm. Instead of cutting through the main strut attaching the fork assembly to the pivot, as Clay does here:

arcee2010031.jpg

I make two cuts to the fork assembly itself: the first being a horizontal cut right above the hole that allows it to lock onto the other fork in vehicle mode, stopping at the fork, and the second down along the inside edge of the fork, leaving the rest of the assembly completely intact. The second difference is Clay cuts off one of the screw posts on the faring, as seen here:

arcee2010032.jpg

I don't. I rotate the entire faring around on the forearm so that the front wheel ends up in front of the hand, just like on the actual character model. The faring doesn't close up quite as well, because of the thumb getting in the way, but it's more accurate IMO.

Either way will work though.

He also makes some minor mods to the side car, I don't even bother using it and pose her in a "slalom turn"/ "Short track turn" pose balanced on her wheel hand.

Im sticking to my preconceived notion that this gestalt is gonna be horrible. Given my dislike for the Wheelsnakes in the first place, I cant say that it bothers or surprises me that Hasbro dropped the ball.

Yep... that's pretty much thoughts on it. Fugly!

On a silver lining, at least it's in the same series/line as devestator.

Archived