Elita-1 (Chromia repaint)

JasonTheX

I'm skipping Elita-1 and just going for a second Chromia. I have no doubt that the combined figure will be a missmash, but I'd rather deal with just the 2 colors instead of 3.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EUREKA! I think I have found it gentlemen, still I do not have a 2nd chromia thanks to every TRU and walmart in my area being short of stock "Im gonna end up heading online...sigh, I Really didn't want to pay voyager price for chromia".

ANYWAYS, remember how chromia's stand has a machine gun and buster molded into it? Moreso how it has pegs molded in it that lets you mount it into her left arm? Well its because she forms the Right and Left arm of the combination! "which strangely is accurate to the cgi concept...mostly". Also remember how arcee's arm splits? its because it provides clearance for the combiner joint "and also causes some filler, so there isnt a giant hole."

Im 99.8% sure this will end up being the combination, and more so it will be a Cerberus of sorts. What with Arcee's head being exposed in the center, Elita-1's "masked" bike head being on the right, and chromia's "masked" head being on the left.

Also IMO, after working with it.... its fairly decent, proportionate, and stable. Im sure you all will find its a better combination than devastators.

Ill be adding pics in a bit :D

EDIT: They be ready! Although like I said I don't have a 2nd chromia yet. so I could only take a pic of one side at a time. But you should get the general idea. Sorry about the 2nd pic being blurry, its just with the chromia I have the clip wont hold very well. So I was shaking a little XD

100_0629.JPG

100_0638.JPG

I'm skipping Elita-1 and just going for a second Chromia. I have no doubt that the combined figure will be a missmash, but I'd rather deal with just the 2 colors instead of 3.

I would suggest getting a second Arcee instead and modifying her. It's a much closer mold to the Flareup/Elita-1 design than the Chromia mold and really easy to modify into her with very little work. All you need to do is cut the front fork assembly from the "legs", and glue it onto the hub on her arm then, in robot mode, rotate the whole faring around so that the wheel is in front of her hand. I just finished mine, paint and everything, except for the license plate.

I posted this somewhere a while back, it's my best guess for a starting point,

post-13230-12665157713551_thumb.jpg

But back to Elita, I'm very disappointed they didn't make a new mold, or at least a remold.

I agree there. If anything, it should have been a retool of Arcee, not a repaint of Chromia.

Arcee is alot closer and the robot isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I just wanna see what the pieces look like compiled before I decide which to get for the third.

This is assuming of course I just don't pass.

I knew we were gonna get screwed on this set. It sucks too because out of the 3 designs, the missing bike looked the best.

I also think that Chromia's front end was origionaly designed to be the main head. I like what Reluttr is coming up with, but there's no stability in the base.

It does make one wonder...

Archived