Masterpiece Grimlock Heading Exclusively To Toys R Us!

Peter_Van

Looking for that Masterpiece Grimlock to hit the states so you don't have to import him? Well, you're in luck! Hasbro announced today that Toys R Us would be exclusively bringing the figure over to the states! The figure will receive a sword and a crown. Hasbro described the packaging of the figure as "absolutely phenomenal." <br />
Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this sucks for me, I guess. I bought the Japanese one when Grimlock first came out last year thinking that he would never see the light of day here in the States, I guess I was wrong.

I guess the moral of the story here with these Masterpiece figures is just to wait for the eventual Hasbro release for a much, much cheaper price. I bet that US Masterpiece Grimlock is going to be waaaaaaaaay below the 150 dollar price tag, huh? :doh :doh :doh

Well this sucks for me, I guess. I bought the Japanese one when Grimlock first came out last year thinking that he would never see the light of day here in the States, I guess I was wrong.

I guess the moral of the story here with these Masterpiece figures is just to wait for the eventual Hasbro release for a much, much cheaper price. I bet that US Masterpiece Grimlock is going to be waaaaaaaaay below the 150 dollar price tag, huh? :doh :doh :doh

I still don't feel bad about it. I like the fact it was imported, have the import box, and all the other accessories.

They will be buying it with reduced assessories, in a huge bulk, so yes, i'm sure they will be selling it for a bit less. MY GUESS - it will be around $100 - same as Devestator - even tho MP Grimlock is "WAY" better. And that's a major understatement. I'll accept the $50 more I paid for the year i've had it, and the differences.

THAT SAID.. a part of me develishly wishes it was an inferior version. LOL More than just missing assessories - but some other corners cut, to make it a real difference. I can see people selling these US versions later on, as the Jap/Takara versions. Is the only difference really going to be missing assessories??

ON second thought, if they make it a slightly (albeit inferior) "version" will I have to then buy it AGAIN, so that I have both versions - like I do all the screamers??? AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about buying the MPs. If they're all coming over anyway, whats the point?

Looking at them the only one you really should have to import is Megatron outside of the color variants on Prime of course.

This is why i never pulled the trigger on Thundercracker or Grimlock as I wonder if in a midmold lull will they bring over MP-04?

I hate the way Walmart handles the MPs

You mean excessively over stocked and for $40-$80 less than Japanese retail with sharp post-holiday clearance discounts? Yeah, I hate that too. ;) Of course, YMMV.

Sadly, around here the good TRU exclusives sell out fast. The movie and Classics repaints are collecting dust, but the latest reissue (especially Soundwave), anything Titanium, and some others have always sold out quick. I only get to TRU a couple times a year (70 mile trip for me) so my chances of finding Grimlock isn't likely.

Also, I would be really surprised if Grimlock gets the $60 treatment. Hasbro explained once that the stores decide the prices and that was Walmart's price point, TRU tends to be a bit pricey on their exclusives.

Emerje

I love the fact that a domestic retailer can shave a ton of money off an import price.

What I hate about them being an exclusive in Walmarts hands is that the store is too sporatic.

Sure Skywarp became easy to find, but no two stores had the same price.

Sure $60 all things considered isn't bad, but do you wanna pay it when the next town over may have it for $30, or even $18?

Then take into account the Walmart exclusives that never hit most areas like Alt Ravage, Rumble, and MP Starscream, and you mine as well be importing with the second hand mark up.

TRU when they do an exclusive they tend to do so in bulk. They may never clearence them, but you'll have plenty of oppertunities to get the figure.

I'd be just as happy seeing Target get the exclusive too. Walmart is to sporatic in what they do and dont carry.

Archived