Toy Fair 2010 - Power Core Combiners to Feature Interchangeable Parts, Dual Head

MISP Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their supose to be large scouts. I'm figuring they won't be much bigger then an Energon scout or maybe a Real Gear, as the size in that class pretty much shrunk when they returned in the movie line

This is what I was afraid of with these sets being based around a scout class. They're to small for what they have to do and still look good.

I normaly don't mind Minicons, but what the hell is with the gear arms?

The Legends drones just look bad, and the combiners are to cumbersome.

I like the idea of smaller combiners, and minicons don't bother me, I just think they would have been better off basing these on Deluxe figures. I do like a couple of the homage pieces.

I'm not declaring these a win, but I'm not calling them suck either, I gotta see them in hand and read a couple reviews before I put my verdict out there...

I agree. I'm going to hold off judgement on this line until I have one in hand.

G1 combiners might have been fragile bricks... but they looked a hell of a lot better than this

I agree totally with this! What would have been wrong with them giving them separate hands and feet that peg into them? And not all G1 combiners were fragile bricks. Menasor could take a beating! Superion not so much but he still looked good!

Man. this is SERIOUSLY terrible.

drones.. really?

it's EFFING 2010, it's been almost 30 years.. and we still can't get a quality combiner.

i mean.. G1 devastator with the crazydev's (or whatever) add ons is perfect.. and hasbro can't do something like that??

this is just ridiculous.

I hate to be the one to say this, but yal keep forgeting that this a toy line aimed at kids not collectors. Cant yal cut Hasbro som slack for once, they are trying to creat new play idea in the line for the kids, and some of yal act so childish about it, specially when they try something new with the line.

I will cut Hasbro some slack when they actually give the fans what we have been yammering on about for the last 20 years! Give us a decent and proper gestalt figure with actual hands and feet(sorry but just the notion that an outside company made an otherwise okay gestalt great with relatively limited resources at their dsisposal is proof positive that it can be done!)

I completely understand the whole bit about making the toys for the kids however, it's the die hard fans like us who have kept the love coming year after year.

This is what I was afraid of with these sets being based around a scout class. They're to small for what they have to do and still look good.

I normaly don't mind Minicons, but what the hell is with the gear arms?

The Legends drones just look bad, and the combiners are to cumbersome.

I like the idea of smaller combiners, and minicons don't bother me, I just think they would have been better off basing these on Deluxe figures. I do like a couple of the homage pieces.

I'm not declaring these a win, but I'm not calling them suck either, I gotta see them in hand and read a couple reviews before I put my verdict out there...

I agree. I'm going to hold off judgement on this line until I have one in hand.

G1 combiners might have been fragile bricks... but they looked a hell of a lot better than this

I agree totally with this! What would have been wrong with them giving them separate hands and feet that peg into them? And not all G1 combiners were fragile bricks. Menasor could take a beating! Superion not so much but he still looked good!

Man. this is SERIOUSLY terrible.

drones.. really?

it's EFFING 2010, it's been almost 30 years.. and we still can't get a quality combiner.

i mean.. G1 devastator with the crazydev's (or whatever) add ons is perfect.. and hasbro can't do something like that??

this is just ridiculous.

I hate to be the one to say this, but yal keep forgeting that this a toy line aimed at kids not collectors. Cant yal cut Hasbro som slack for once, they are trying to creat new play idea in the line for the kids, and some of yal act so childish about it, specially when they try something new with the line.

I will cut Hasbro some slack when they actually give the fans what we have been yammering on about for the last 20 years! Give us a decent and proper gestalt figure with actual hands and feet(sorry but just the notion that an outside company made an otherwise okay gestalt great with relatively limited resources at their dsisposal is proof positive that it can be done!)

I completely understand the whole bit about making the toys for the kids however, it's the die hard fans like us who have kept the love coming year after year.

Agreed, but to reiterate what I said earlier, why wouldn't kids want four more actual Transformers? To me, the idea that kids would rather have four drones that change into arms and legs automatically, instead of normal toys like their other Transformers, is silly.

Well... they will look cute on the shelves, so tiny !!!

The 2-pks look OK, and I love the burning Con on the "firetruck". BUT the combiner 5-pks look like :poop The small vehicles may be OK for my son but they may make him feel like a baby since they all have "nipples" on em' :lol

Good news for me is, except for the Animated & Generations lines, I'll be saving loads of $$$. Good news for you guys is that I will not be in your way in the toys aisles soon !!!

Archived