Destron Bad Boys: Rumble and Frenzy

Fenrir72

Rumble is black while Frenzy is blue or is it the other way around?

This review is in honor of Encore#19. I thank Primus with all my spark for even considering the release of this HTF figs.

Quote:

"Sow panic and surrender will bloom" Frenzy

"Destroy what's below and what's above will follow" Rumble

Contents:

# 2 micro cassette Rumble and Frenzy

# 2 clear cassette case

# 2 pairs of winged laser rifles

Background:

Two of the most meanest, baddest punks in the destron army. Fiercely loyal to the Emperor of Destruction, these two have harmed many an autobot who underestimated them for their short stature.

In this review I will refer to their figure name/color reference and not to the switcheroo in the anime.

Fyi my figs actually represent two generations............my Frenzy is a Takara vintage while Rumble is the latest "re-issue"

the figs:

th_DSC06318.jpg

Rumble is the one on the right while Frenzy is to the left

th_DSC06319.jpg

Frenzy full body shot

th_DSC06320.jpg

Rumble full body shot

The transition of the past two decades have been very kind to the casseticon mold. Unlike Eject/Rewind/Rosanna/Flipside which have uber defects, this one is null. Though the gloss finish of Frenzy isn't as evident as that of Rumble, the molding is fine and smooth

th_DSC06331.jpg

Rumble's torso

th_DSC06330.jpg

Frenzy's torso

One horror for us vintage owners of the casseticon bad boys were the "cassette" label sheets applied, post transformation, they just fall apart

th_DSC06329.jpg

Encore did away with that

th_DSC06323.jpg

th_DSC06325.jpg

See the shin labels? Frenzy had labels, Rumble...stamp graphed (Btw, both have die-cast feet)

th_DSC06333.jpg

th_DSC06332.jpg

Both share the "silver "colored wing laser rifles. Wished it was gold for frenzy though, to distinguish him from his brother as seen in his box art.

The Rant:

In this day and age, them microcassetes seem obsolete but waaaaaaay back in the 80's, everyone was pining for one. Heck we had to be thankful to be able to purchase the K.O. Micros version.

Enjoyable as they were, constant transformation made them all loose and woobly (my frenzy in fact is quite loose despite my transforming him only twice in it's lifetime). The Encore version on the other hand is veryyyyyyyy tight (both the head and legs).

And of course, those d@mn labels kept on falling off. Now, the labels don't fall but Takara dropped the thigh labels la...........well you win some and you loose some.

Just like their Cybertron foes, both are back heavy and prone to falling, what was nice with Eject/Rewind, you could adjust their feet outward for more balance, this one....nadahhh.

Mass shifting aside, these two are one of my fan faves, especially how they massacred the english language ("unchrasimatic" hehehe) Chalk it to Marvel/Sunbow's excellent character development for the show). I highly recommend getting them while supply lasts. IIRC The Eject/Rewind combo is all sold out and every fence sitter are now banging their sorry heads on the wall.

Rating:

Fun Factor: 5/5

Nostalgia: 5/5 (these guys can kick ROTF's robo@ss anytime

Fragility: 2/5 for the vintage......3/5 for Encore

Availability:: 5/5 while supply last (Encore that is)

Huh? I wonder why no one is replying to these reviews, i love these, and look forward to more of them. Thanks for the G1 nastalgia & knowledge i didnt know of the differences between teh :bot & :con cassettes ;)

Archived