Cybertron Spy:MIrage

Fenrir72

Beginning of my walk through nostalgia..................G1 series really is something else. Blocky, zero articulation and down right expensive.

Quote:" Who and what I am I hide from the enemy"

Transforms into: F-1 Race car

Accessories: Electro disruptor shoulder gun and armor piercing dart gun + 3 missiles

Note: Posting only robot mode images due to fragility of my 20 years + old figs.

th_DSC06294-1.jpg

th_DSC06295.jpg

th_DSC06296.jpg

(see the rub symbol)

th_DSC06298.jpg

Pose at all angles

th_DSC06299.jpg

th_DSC06301.jpg

Mirage's bling

th_DSC06297.jpg

Takara logo

The Rant:

Remember the fight in Hoover Dam?(oopsie wrong generation) Sherman dam where this kick @ss bot fought 2 seekers and won?

What about the way he sabotaged Nemesis 2? Or got the Insecticons bashing the Decepticons for the electro cell?

Or even his faking "Dragstrip's appearance in "Masquerade"?

Anyway enough of the P.R. Mirage is one of the fan fav bots of G1 who had a very complex characterization (which we rarely see now in todays shows) More like the "Green Arrow" of the Autobots. He comes from a rich background, loves the good life and somewhat unsure of the cause he fights in. But fight for the cause he does...............

Transforming into an F-1 racer (even sporting it's Cigar themed sponsor logo...............poor Malbor Wheeljack hehehe) we get to see him first in the G1 shows opening credits.

Coming in navy blue and white with a face sculpt looking like an Egyptian warrior and decked with every tf collectors' nightmare..........chrome and white plastic (btw thank Primus mine hasn't shown any yellowing yet)

th_DSC06303.jpg

plus with an uber heavy die-cast metal base. That hold over btw from the "diaclone series" allowed Mirage to interface with Convoy's/Optimus Prime Roller/Buggy launcher.

Speaking of which, need I mention that the 1984 Season one deluxe cars were all rolling on rubber tires? Who makes ruber tires thses days? Binaltech/Alternators, Masterpiece and Alternity. Besides that...........nothing anymore :'( (if you don't include Encore :P

Anyway one design flaw I have to warn about for Mirage owners is the swivel connector at his hip. Said to be easily breakable and all that.

Rating: Throw out all references of articulation okay

Fun Factor: 5/5

Nostalgia: 5/5

Fragility: 4/5 (Meaning very fragile at his hips)

Availability:Good luck finding an original (Mine btw seems to be the Euro version by MB as in Milton Bradley)

Archived