What's your favorite combiner?

Datastream

G1 Bruticus from a nostalgia standpoint.

G1 Monstructor as a concept (Kills everything he touches, those who witness his transformation go insane O_O).

No one from a toy stand point. Sure G1ers are nostalgic but they are hardly perfection. The A/E/C combiners definitely aren't either. ROTF Devastator makes me want to puke. As far as I'm concerned there is no toy of a combiner that impresses on all fronts be it deco, articulation, etc.

Go get Energon Bruticus and some FP parts, and you´ll have the articulation you need :P

Well I'd have to buy a set of toys that'll cost me $50. A set of toys thats crap out of the box so I have to spend $80 for parts to make it awesome. I just cant do it right now.

Well, I just got the FP Bruticus add ons, but that's only because I had the incomplete set of Hasbro's Energon Combaticons lying around unfinished. (You know I only ever found half of all three Energon Combiner sets? It's effing obnoxious)

The figures are incredibly, brilliantly, stupendously designed, but so obscenely lightweight I feel like I'm going to snap them in half by looking at them. It gives Transformation an almost religious level of pleading to higher powers that you aren't going to break it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid... ^.^;

I must say though, the accessories are truly killer, the one exception being that the replacement Bruticus head is too big for you to close Onslaught's backpack after you attach it. (I just loooove how many reviewers bothered to actually mention this... thought I was doing something wrong til I blundered on a written review in the middle of a random forum discussion.)

Unfortunately though, i haven't actually gotten around to combining them yet... ^.^;

Back on topic though: When I was younger, Bruticus was always my favorite, and I still have a soft spot for him, but I think my favorite combiner has evolved up to Devastator. He is the first; he is the "Icon".

He will step on your face. :P

So give me some Proper Constructicons any day of the week!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say Omega prime do you mean the RID one, or Omega Supreme and Optimus from Energon combined? I hope you mean the former, rather than the latter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G1 Sky Lynx? Would he be considered a combiner or just an alternative transformation? If not him then my favorite is Superion! Loved them when they were introduced! Especially when you consider that their creation was the biggest FU Optimus Prime could have done to Megatron! Oh you got cars that can combine. I brought my airplanes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The G1 Terrorcons, followed closely by the Technobots. Computron's combined form is the single best-looking G1 TF gestalt in either anime or toy form, and Abominus is not very far behind...but the individual Terrorcon personas seal the deal for me. I thought I would have like Predaking more, but somehow, for me, he's just not the best. Just third-best. Piranacon is also way up there, but I didn't follow Super-God Masterforce, and therefore I was never able to immerse myself in the characters of the Seacons (who didn't actually have any outside of Snaptrap, apparently) or their combined form.

My intitial personal favorite combiner team in the G1 series were a tie between the Stunticons and the Combaticons--the individual members of both teams were well thought-out and distinctive (as far as the anime, it didn't get any better than the Combaticons really, I think they were the focal point of roughly the last quarter of Season II), and the gestalt forms were all sorts of awesome.

Their toys, however, were lacking--severely in the case of the Stunticons.

• 8 months later...

For me it would be Superion Energon or G1 and I STILL have to get the Fansproject upgrade. Menasaur and...Off Transformers...

Dangaioh

Fopr those that don't know what this is...

Damn you Studio Half Eye for making me want this guy and then never producing it again. ~_~'

Anime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpe9FyW_Dfk&feature=related

Studio Half Eye design.

Why don't we ever get the Japanese giant robots in America?

Sighs.

While I think Predaking is the best combiner, for the sake of nostalgia, I have to go with G1 Abominus as my favorite. One of two complete combiners (Devs being the other) I had as a kid.

Abominus - My favorite

Devs - Runner up

Predaking - Huge, fun, great looking toy. If not for the nostalgia of Devs and Abominus would be #1

Menasor - Great concept of Decepticon cars. I loved the design (but not the scale - Motormaster was the same size as Prime in the toon) and the look of the individual bots.

Archived