First pic of War For Cybertron Optimus toy.

BLACKOUT34

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm almost sure it's missiing a panel to cover all the guts and kibble at the top. The prototype pictures show him with a panel covering that area.

You're right in both the trailer version, and concept version there is a piece to cover the gray joint, and to continue the fenders back further.

opconceptaltcomparison.jpg

For test shot this isn't so bad. I hope there are more toys to come out other than this one. And I hope it isn't one of those one toy only sort of things where it comes packaged with the game.

I just hope his robot mode looks as badass as the concept pics they've shown of him. This looks either deluxe or voyager sized to me. definitely not leader though. Wonder when we will see comparison pics of him and other Primes, for comparison sake in size?

I was thinking the same thing. There's too much going on to be a FAB and I can't imagine this game being SO big that there would be a FAB line as well as a regular line. I think you might be right that it's either a Deluxe or Voyager class. I would say deluxe but the early shots of the ROTF Fallen figure made me think it was a deluxe too.

Hope they make a Megatron.

Since nobody else mentioned it, the article says there's no paint, but there's clearly gray paint on the sides and red paint on the bumper and wheels so this is probably pretty close to what the final product will look like. It's way too brightly colored compared to the really dark and dull colors of the game. Hopefully they'll change that before production

I think this guy will be part of the next Universe/Classics/Whatever line they do along with Drift. I doubt it'll be part of a new line and I don't see them packing a figure this complex in with the game.

Emerje

Ummm... that didn't translate too well did it?

That translation is Fu*ked up!!!!!!

Actually if you're comparing the toy to the concept art pic in his sig then you're right but if you watch the trailer again you'll see that it is spot on. I've been out of the loop for a while but this game, and the toy line attatched to it is really drawing me back in.

But when you put in the fact that the wheel conception is off on the prototype it is going to be off on the final, and the colors are off as well, I might as well pick up the MP-03 Ghost Starscream!!!!!!

I'd say the missing panel is probably his axe. I wouldn't doubt it if a bootlegged prototype was without it's accessory(s).

oh right on!!!!! Hasbro continuing to make transformers with out bad gimmicks and worse cartoons! Great call Hasbro, just make toys based on a unique video game. This is a great filler line until the next transformers movie comes out. I was a little worried there when rumors about some "power link" toy line was coming out, glad to see that is not the case.

So yeah, hasbro has 3 lines at once. Last time it was classics, animated, and movie. So I guess in this year it will be classics, movie, and video game lines.

Archived