Which Prime has the best trailer?

Liege Evilmus

The title says it all. After Cybertron the trailers on Prime seemed to vanish outside of upgrade sets (which count here). However in G1, G2, and the RID/AEC years Prime was sport'n some heavy cargo.

Now they do take up alot of room so I can see why most folks leave them closed and off to the side (unless they combine). I'm just wondering though out of all of them which is your favorite, and why?

For me, it'll have to be the G2 Laser Prime trailer. Outside of the obnoxios sticker on the side with both his name and picture. The tanker based trailer looked great in alt, and even had a disk launcher that blended in perfectly!

Opened up this thing was game on!!!

The battle station was massive, a very nice field bunker. The quick fire rockets on one flank and the disk launcher on the other were just great. Top that with the fact that they were highly posable just upped the anty!!!

Then in the middle was that giant warhead missle with the pillow plunger (the one part that never worked right)coming from the very tall tower crowned with a nonlaunching but very posable double barreled laser, and this puppy was set to lead the pack!!!

The real one up on this trailer was the chromed version Scourge towed!

They all have their merits though. I believe I can give a once over on nearly every one, but I'll leave that to you (for now). Please, add pics too. I intend on updating this with a few as soon as I get a chance

:justprime:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Power Master partners can sit in the double barrel guns right. It's kinda cool to see them do something other then fold up or stand there.

That is a fun figure though and I do keep him in base mode. For a G1 figure the combined mode actualy has some half way decent articulation. I always thought he was fine on his own till TRU gave us God Bomber then.....

One hell of a toy!

Yeah, I was gonna say RID Scourge's trailer, which is G2 lazer Prime's.

And yeah I loved the fact that G2 Prime in both cases was supposed to be a robot in disguise, yet had his ame in big frikkin letters down the sides of both his trailers

OK, did little slide show for Laser Prime's Trailer.

lptrailer023.jpg

It basicly shows off all the goods, weapons, Parts storage, size. It slipped my mind, and the Scourge shot got thrown in after the fact.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee211/Daveh013/LP%20Trailer/?albumview=slideshow

Also, I wasn't gonna dig it out, but for the supporters. Here's my PM trailer as of right now.

lptrailer029.jpg

Laser Prime's trailer was a great looking piece of plastic, especially the "trailer mode." the battle station it transformed into was ok, but what really sold me was the look of the trailer in the truck mode. I think outside of the original G1 Prime figure, the G2 Laser Prime figure is my favorite Prime figure ever. I should have bought the black RID repaint when I saw it at Toys R Us so many years ago. That repaint takes the original and makes it look so much better.

I really like my Power Master Prime with God bomber figure, but I was never a fan of a powered up Prime who combines with his trailer. Same thing goes with later Prime additions like Armada Prime, Energon, Cybertron etc....

Prime shouldn't have to combine with anything. He already is a badass, but keeping with the topic, like I said, Laser Prime is my favorite "trailer."

Yeah, in alt ther reall world detail was very much there. The sticker killed it, that was about all. Optimus PRIME, with "octane" graffitied over it while he's shooting fire everywhere is a tad much...

If you don't mind a Sonoking Box, Scourge is still pretty easy, and relatively cheap to find on Ebay. WShen I notices a few slight scratches on the Chromed grill and trailer I got a double that way. Some figures are just to nice to not keep pristeen!

Archived