Hard To Find Primes

BaCon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG will you please compile a Soundwave one? I have my own list but itd be great to cross-reference it with someone else's.

• 1 year later...

I really don't have any optimus prime/convoy toys on my short nor long wish list.

but to answer the thread question.

I'd guess that the 1980's Pepsi sticker trailer optimus prime toy is extremly rare & highly sought after.

Before the re-issue came out,starconvoy was another exspensive & highly desirable toy for fans to buy on the secondary market.

• 1 month later...

I'd guess that the 1980's Pepsi sticker trailer optimus prime toy is extremly rare & highly sought after.

I wouldn't consider this to be extremely rare. What skews this idea is the fact that there were different versions of Pepsi Prime, and some end up being more valuable than others.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The Canada Pepsi Prime is the rarest. Can be expensive!

How does one ID a Canadian one from American?

I have a regular French G1 Prime MIB that I am wondering what it may be worth?

I don't have either of them myself... Here is a good summary:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28G1%29/toys#Generation_1

and the picture shows the different ones:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:G1-toy_OptimusPepsi.jpg

It is common to see the US version with the Pepsi sticker on the trailer. However it originally came as 2 stickers to be put on the trailer. You can see in this picture of an AFA graded Pepsi Prime, the labels are not pre-applied.

8395715131_303873997c_z.jpg

The same is true of the Canadian version, the large Pepsi logo stickers are not pre-applied. The difference seems to be with the box. Unlike the US version, there does not seem to be a Pepsi sticker on the outside of the box. And of course, Canada version is bi-lingual so it will say both Optimus Prime and Optimus Primo. The toy itself (like other Canadian TFs) is pretty much going to be the same as a US version. Canada didn't get any different stamping that I am aware of.

As with most things, there are some High-end KOs of the Pepsi Prime. I hear of it online but the only one I saw is an obvious one. A JAFcon Convoy in US box with Canadian sized Pepsi stickers on the trailer. :roll

Archived