WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Energon Optimus Prime, RID Optimus Prime, and Armada Optimus Prime comes to mind right away - or in other words, Fat Lego Brick is how I would describe each of the toys in their respective order.

I think it is rather unfair to include RID Prime in with the rest of these figures! RID Prime wasn't a bad figure at all. Great Articulation great alt mode and he even had a Super Mode! He cannot even begin to be included in the Fat Lego Brick category!

We can all agree here that ROTF is very possibly the worst movie in existence.

I like to think that somewhere, an ancient alien race of intergalactic super beings overseeing our lives at one point considering gifting upon us interstellar flight into the stars... until they saw that fucking movie. Then they laughed themselves into extinction.

I've seen worse, compared to Meet The Spartians, Terminator 3, The Golden Compass & The Cat in The Hat, This movie looks like frikkin' Citizen Cane.

But yeah, it is horrible and the only redeeming factor is the Prime vs. Megatron/Starscream/Blackou... er Grindor forest battle.

Ski School and it's sequel Ski School 2(yes I own them both) were by far and a way a better film than ROTF! But that's not saying that ROTF was a bad film. It is entertaining and I at least walked out of the film with a sense of DAMN! That was actually pretty cool!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And seeing Shia Lebouf flung about 15 feet in the air... WEEEEEEEEE :yay

Yes, and I almost forgot Devistator's transformation at first. Shame that was underminded by:

a) The Twins' stupidity

b) Leo and Simmons

c) Robot scrotum

d) Not being defeated by the Optimus/Jetfire combo.

• 1 month later...

We can all agree here that ROTF is very possibly the worst movie in existence.

I like to think that somewhere, an ancient alien race of intergalactic super beings overseeing our lives at one point considering gifting upon us interstellar flight into the stars... until they saw that fucking movie. Then they laughed themselves into extinction.

I've seen worse, compared to Meet The Spartians, Terminator 3, The Golden Compass & The Cat in The Hat, This movie looks like frikkin' Citizen Cane.

But yeah, it is horrible and the only redeeming factor is the Prime vs. Megatron/Starscream/Blackou... er Grindor forest battle.

Meet The Spartans is great. Where it and ROTF differ is that Meet The Spartans is SUPPOSED to be terrible. Thats what makes it entertaining.

Movie Swindle, unlikeable transformation, uninspired gimmick and just generally awquard.

Energon Jetfire, decent enough leg articulation but no head and floppy marshmellow man arms coupled with bad proportions make him pretty bad

Universe 2.0 Jolt won't stand up, unfit for purpose so therefore useless.

ROTF Breakaway had an interesting transformation and an ok jet mode but the robot mode is pain.

I will hate Animated Snarl for the rest of my days. Simply horrible. Only TF I ever returned (a practice I can't stand...but the wife was kinda adamant).

Honorable mentions go to TF1 Megatron, Armada Optimus, ROTF Skids and Mudflap (not the Ice Cream Twins), and to be honest, I didn't like Classics Rodimus, either. Though I hope the FansProject upgrade will change my mind.

Wow... SO many toys to choose from! Let's see...

RiD: Ultra Magnus. Ridiculous bot mode, really just an afterthought so he could be combiner parts for Omega Prime.

Armada: Can I only pick one?? After the fantastic complexity and originality of RiD, this whole line was a disappointment. Sideswipe is an epically bad figure, as is Prime. I'm going to say Prime was the worst because his super mode was literally a brick. Who molds legs in place anymore?? That's like back in the day when our He-Man figures would "ride" their mounts by plugging into a hole on their back and the mount's saddle would have fake rider legs molded onto it!

Energon: Bots definitely got screwed in this line. Fatty Prime takes it, though. I would also mention KB Toys Demolishor, since it was a 2nd repaint of a lame Armada figure, and further confused by having the same character in the main toy line with an entirely new toy to match his look on the show.

Cybertron: I can't name names because it was too awful to watch; I caught the original Japanese version online instead. I think Supreme Starscream has to be the worst though. Unicron and Primus should be the only Transformers offered at this scale. Just look at Supreme Cheetor, ROTF Devastator, or Ultimate Bumblebee. Which leads me to...

TF2007: Ultimate Bumblebee. 6 times the size of the deluxe, and for what?? Lights and sounds??

Classics: Skipping recolors, I'd say Hasbro's voyager Megatron or the deluze 2-pack Prime v Megatron. Voyager Megs was a fine toy, but I don't understand the Nerf colors. Takara's version looks fantastic. As for the 2-pack, Prime's punch gimmick messes w/ articulation and his design is a little wonky. Same goes for tank Megs in this pack. Overall though, this line was AMAZING.

Animated: Voyager Grimlock. Snarl sucks (flaming Cheeto, anyone??), but Grimlock should have been so much better than he was. That chest gap in dino mode is unforgivable.

Universe: Hot Shot. The figure was a good step forward from the original, but he took up a valuable spot in a lineup that could've gone to a character far more deserving of an update - so while the toy itself isn't a disappointment, Hasbro's decision to green light him instead of another character is.

Classics 2.0: Ironhide, Ironhide, Ironhide... So much potential, so terrible as a figure. From his smurf face down to his tangram, gap-riddled alt mode, this figure is just awful. Try getting him to look straight ahead instead of down at the ground. It's not possible. They could've gone way simpler on this figure and had a total win, but they overshot the mark and made a red and blue plastic turd instead.

ROTF: Scalpel. Nice idea, terrible execution. Jolt could be in the running too. Awful bot mode.

Generations: Thundercracker - cuz he's not out, and probably never will be. Really, Hasbro?? You're gonna give us 5 of the 6 seekers and not the last one??

• 2 weeks later...

So am I the only one that loved the RID cartoon? It wasn't all that dramatic but it made me laugh a lot. I appreciate it for what it was.

ROTF, I don't even want to comment on. Except that the Twins deserve special mention for "most hated characters of all time" from me.

Glad to see I missed out on the Armada toys. None of them appealed to me at the stores, so I never bought any.

Energon always felt like the worst of the AEC trilogy cartoons to me. The comic was kind of ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Energon Optimus Prime, RID Optimus Prime, and Armada Optimus Prime comes to mind right away - or in other words, Fat Lego Brick is how I would describe each of the toys in their respective order.

I think it is rather unfair to include RID Prime in with the rest of these figures! RID Prime wasn't a bad figure at all. Great Articulation great alt mode and he even had a Super Mode! He cannot even begin to be included in the Fat Lego Brick category!

Deluxe Armada Prime is actually a fantastic toy. Energon Optimus Prime is pretty much crap. RiD Optimus Prime is just kind of boring. His primary robot mode is vanilla. His super mode is okay-ish but doesn't stand the test of time.

[i know I'm jumping in late on this reply.]

• 1 year later...

What is everyone's hang up with the Armada Sideswipe? I actually thought that compared to some of the figures in the Armada line that he wasn't so bad. Unless I am thinking of the wrong figure?

We speak of this turd... literally... a turd:

Armada_Side_Swipe_toy.jpg

*Blows dust off this thread... cough cough cough.

Wow! Really that bad of a figure huh? I would have given Smokescreen from that line worse points. I just didn't care for that figure at all. At least Armada Sideswipe had a nice alt. mode. Oh well to each their own.

Oooh and Armada Devastator had a seat for his mini-con and he had walked sounds soooo... I gotta give that figure props for innovations.

I'm gonna be interested to see what this thread will have to say in 2020

Archived