WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god.

ROTF Scalpel.

I can at least learn to live with the figures I like the least, because there will be at least SOMEthing cool about them. But this toy? This toy is all suck, all fail...and then, it takes it to another level. I wipe my ass with this toy. It falls apart, and looks like garbage. It's a shame, because his character was pretty cool.

While I'm at it, Universe Leo Prime sucks like there is no tomorrow (I am ashamed to own this toy, even more than I was to own G1 Wreck-Gar and Broadside), and I hate Animated Voyager Megatron. I hate on this toy with an unrelenting and unabated fury. He falls apart, he's the wrong f***ing color, he doesn't turn into anything even remotely resembling his animation model (which doesn't look like much, either), he is completely out of proportion and his fusion cannon...I mean, come on.

It's outshined by BOTH the Activator version, and the McDonald's toy.

Honorable mention: Dual winners of the 'From the Neck-Up, You Suck' Award: Mudflap and Skids. I'm not saying these two are racist. That is silly and untrue, and makes about as much sense as Brad Pitt playing Jesse James in a movie. I'm saying that they look like unpasteured shit. They are so completely aberrant and silly that they end up making a mockery of the ENTIRE LINE. It's fine if the brain trust behind the Bayverse wants to make a joke, it is another thing to make a joke of the Transformers as a whole.

I am amazed - confounded, in fact - that no-one on this list mentioned the abortion that is Energon (fat) Optimus Prime. I (sadly) own the Japanese version. The box lied to me; he was pictured in G1 colours - in fact he was the exact same colours as the Hasbro release. The only saving grace is that mine being Japanese, it had a closed face mask (no lips). It effectively suffers from the same problem as RotF Devastator in that the limb combiner vehicles DON'T TRANSFORM INTO ANYTHING. AT ALL. But worse, the Optimus Prime core body that they slot onto is arguably the worst ever designed, the figure looks as if his metabolism has finally packed up; coupled with this, some truly, monumentally AWFUL choices for the colour scheme make the worst of the decade as far as I'm concerned.

Armada Prime looked like a Prime and even had a Matrix hidden in his chest, not to mention nice weapons, gimmicks and paint apps. Also, Sparkplug (Bumblebee, more like...) was fantastic. Cybertron Prime was one of the best ever made. This figure is inexcusable, at least RotF Devastator was a low-tier bad guy, an Optimus Prime figure is meant to be the centrepiece of a Transformers toyline.

ROTF Devastator

ROTF Rampage

• 2 weeks later...

The worst series is Beast Machines and ROTF. The Transformations were so fake! The only one that had some work in it was Rattrap, which was bad from start to finish! Did anyone else nodice that most of the Transformations in ROTF were when the Transformers was not moving as much as they did in the first one.

Worst toy(s) from the last 10 years of Transformers:

Beast Machines: Megratron, his 'wings' were so badly done and looked nothing like in the show. Blackarachnia, her spider mode was so... FAT!

Robots in Disguise: Omega Prime: You could not move him at all, or he will fall.

Armada: Sideswipe and Optimus: Sideswipe had too much 'kibble' on his leg's and arm. Optimus: Only his super mode i'm complaing about. the legs could not stay togeather!

Energon: if any I would say Optimus (Fatimus) Prime: His robot mode was very LARGE, The drones could no Transform, and his trailer does almost nothing!

Cybertron. Megatron/Galvaron in 'Dark Claw Mode: you could never display him without him leaning to one side! Vector Prime: His Cyber Key Power was just sounds!

TF 2007: Optimus Prime: Like Energon he was a bit... FAT!

Animated: Bummblebee: The little plastic holding his arms to his sholders, it would break off and be impossable to hold on his sholders. I had three of them and they all broke! But the Elile Guard verson dose not have this problem at all! Grimlock: look underneath him, so many ******* robot parts you could see in T-Rex mode! And no place for the sword eather!

Universe: I can't belive noone said this. Dinobot: The tail can't spin, and his other weapon/sword thing was not the right color! The figure was so fraggle, especially when you transform him, that you could brake him doing so.(which I did!)

ROTF: as if the movie was not bad enough! Devastator (Supream): Like Enegon Prime(I don't know why hasbro keeps doing the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......) The vehicles could not Transform! I'll give you 3 reason's why the EZ Deastator is better. 1. The vehicles could actully Transform! 2. You get more robots (Supream, 6, EZ, 7.) 3. It's cheaper! The power core combiner vehicles can't Transform eather! The RPM's sucked too! As well as the combination of Optimus Prime and Jetfite. The only thing you can move is the arms and head. The legs were like a brick!

• 1 month later...

Yes, a lot of said it already, but god damn ROTF Devastator is terrible. Legends at least made up for it.

Movie Megatron has generally been terrible in all ways ie. no toy has managed to hide that ugly mug of his - it's always sticking out somewhere! He's a bunch of sharp objects glude onto a robot frame, WTF? But I'm a Megatron collector, so I'm doomed! Why, why would you give him that awesome cannon/blade arm and make him a tank but then give him an f'n gimp arm? WHY?!?

Moving on...

Titaniums were sadly disappointing - even the ones that look cool are horribly weighted

We definitely need some better cartoons (ie. Beast Wars)

Too many recolours!

Worst TV Show - Oddly enough, Armada wasn't as terrible to me as Energon and Cybertron were. Not a big fan of RiD. So I'd say those three, E/C and RiD

Worst Toy Line - Easily Energon. Some Armada guys were actually pretty cool despite being bricks for the most part. (Oddly enough I liked Armada Jetfire) but Energon Autobots were inexcusably terrible both seperate and combined. Decepticons were okay..

Worst Figure - 07 Payload. Say what you want about Armada Sideswipe or 07 Dreadwind, but at least those guys don't literally crumble in your hands. He's the only one that I really wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Universe: I can't belive noone said this. Dinobot: The tail can't spin, and his other weapon/sword thing was not the right color! The figure was so fraggle, especially when you transform him, that you could brake him doing so.(which I did!)

first off.. i believe you mean fragile not fraggle. second. dinobot was a great figure. ESPECIALLY henkei dinobot. the colors were great, both modes were great. i think he's one of the better figures in the universe/classics line. and i can't believe you'd pick dinobot over hot shot. now hot shot was a terrible figure.

first off.. i believe you mean fragile not fraggle. second. dinobot was a great figure. ESPECIALLY henkei dinobot. the colors were great, both modes were great. i think he's one of the better figures in the universe/classics line. and i can't believe you'd pick dinobot over hot shot. now hot shot was a terrible figure.

Universe Hot shot was Okay. People always complained about the plasitic on his back, but I found away to remove them and put them on his hands. It looks awesome now!

Archived