WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Bugstomper's probably thinking of Armada Wheeljack, who has a resemblance to G1 Sideswipe

I think your right, he was also used as BotCon Sideswipe in 08, which probably helps with that.

What is everyone's hang up with the Armada Sideswipe? I actually thought that compared to some of the figures in the Armada line that he wasn't so bad. Unless I am thinking of the wrong figure?

We speak of this turd... literally... a turd:

Armada_Side_Swipe_toy.jpg

Ah yes, I think I had the two figures mixed up in my mind. I was thinking of the Wheeljack figure which is one of my favorites of that line. The Sideswipe figure everyone loathes so much I can understand. I really liked the car mode on him which I too think that was on it's own nice to look at... however, the figure was kinda meh?! He was only half fail but, since a non-tranforming transformer is only a product of one of Wheeljack's inventions gone awry I'll have to agree with ya'll on this one.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Universe 1.1, n/a

-Here's the thing. there are qualifing figures here, but the line was repaints done right. It gave alot of collectors a chance at getting long discontinued figures they may have missed with a decent story that tied in with the main Armada line. Univere 1.1 is dodging the bullet with 0 :poop

how are cheetor &/or hot shot not in this category?

cheetor with his spindly legs and giant feet. not to mention his horrific arm kibble.

and hotshot.. bleh. could've been cool, but the shoulder kibble absolutely destroys any possibility of that.

Classics, Snarl :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-80% of the Classics Minicons sucked, but this stupid tiger thing took the cake. With a head for one arm, and his ass for the other, this little bot isn't even worth typing about which earns him 5

Animated, Starscream :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-The jet was pretty cool. Otherwise what the hell was with this slumped shouldered, Popeye armed, raisin headed, miscolored, tree stumped leg freak??? Please take your 5 out of 5 :poop and get back on the short bus!!!

you mean.. you'd rather have supreme prime over voyager starscream??

&

that's not fair to pick on a minicon.. of course they're going to be bad.. it's expected. what about grimlock? now that figure was bad.. or megatron.. green grey and purple.. no thanks enormous translucent lime green back pack, no thank you x2

OK, Cheetor and Hot Shot are Universe2.0 figures so they're not counted as part of Universe 1.1 which was only repaints.

It is fair to pick a Minicon as they are figures and I have plenty that are really pretty good

Animated Starscream will forever suck, I hate the figure more then you can imaging. In comparison to Supreme Prime, well I stated when I made that list that I'd only include figures I own. I do not won Supreme Prime, from what I heard he is full of suck.

-still, I'd like to get my hands on Supreme Primes weapon, while I want absolutly no part of the most shitty Seeker mold ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cybertron Shortround is pretty horrible. 3 strikes and he's out---1, he's named after the annoying kid from Temple of Doom, 2, he has horrible to pose weird arms and poor preportions, and 3, he is characterized as a "destructive nerd" who basically passes gas (plasma) to confuse Autobots! What a loser. . .

His mold mate Storm Surge has a slightly more tolerable paint scheme, lacking the overdone light teal of Shortie, but he has all the other problems. I got rid of my Shortround and have resisted the gotta catch'em all thing thus far with Stormie. Neither of them is Seaspray (I know, I can hardly believe I said that either!)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is in my opinion the worst of 2009

post-13729-12700650815637_thumb.jpg

I can't honestly say a complete worst series or anything, as I've liked something out of each regardless. So I'll just say the worst toy of the decade IMO was RID Ultra Magnus. I've never been so disappointed in a toy as I was in that one. It was pretty to look at, but a mess to tf and unstable and pretty much a fragile brick in robot mode. I even like bricks, but this thing was near useless. I even rank BTR toys over it, as at least they had some enjoyment in the building block aspects. If it's just pretty to look at and that's it.. then it's just a cruddy toy IMO.

he makes up for it by combining to make omega prime. one of the worst figures creates one of the best, how bout that

I am surprised no one hated RID Optimus like I did....He isn't even on the display shelf, he got put back in the box with the other ARMADA poop.gif s(minus Starcream). Ultra Magnus is on the shelf because he is my only complete magnus...

RID OP- I could not keep his super upgrade back pack on him. It was way too frustrating to pull up on his chest then put that heavy pack on top, and expect it to stand in a discent pose.

Atleast Combining ultra magnus and Prime had a great pay off.....OMEGA PRIME, which was a task as well. wtf1.gif

A few atrocious figures spring to mind; BM Supreme Cheetor, Silverbolt and Nightscream - Armada Sideswipe - Universe Galvatron and Cheetor - Energon Leader Prime - RoTF Devastator and Arcee.

All of Animated.......Tf shouldnt be done in Teen Titan style crap!

You noticed that too? At first when I saw the shadow promo pic for this series, I thought it was another episode of Teen Titans with the wrong title on it! I tried a couple episodes but couldn't get passed everything that had been changed.

Archived