WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Look, I'll tell you the reason why I think Armada Sideswipe is worse than Scavenger. At least you could use the articulation on Scavener. Sideswipe had two hip joints...that you couldn't use. Why bother making him to have a leg spread when you can't use it? That flap hanging between his legs was crap. His elbow joints were useless due to forearms bigger that Popeye's fore arms. The roof of the car and the doors making his legs TWICE AS WIDE as the entire bot should be. Oh, don't get me wrong, the car looks great and the paint apps are gorgeous but that just makes it WORSE because they are going on such a stupid toy! And just because they repainted this THING and reissued it twice doesn't make it a GOOD toy. It just means that Hasbro has people that are trying to justify the expense put into making the mold in the first place.

Scavenger never pissed me off this badly because I never had any desire to buy him. Looking at his bot mode or alt mode really did nothing for me so I never wasted the money. I actually bought Sideswipe because the car mode looked so sweet. Yeah, I saw the bot mode on the back but I was like "it can't be that bad" but it IS that bad. It's so ugly and bulky and in the way of itself but that car mode really makes you WANT to own it because it looks so clean and slick but once you get him out of the box, SURPRISE, you just bought a crappy toy! and you never want to get rid of it either because the car looks SO nice, so you start to try to justify the purchase and convince yourself that it's not THAT bad...but it is.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I understanding this correctly from everyone who keeps posting the worst series. I didn't really miss much not seeing any of the Universe, Armada, Energon, & Beast Wars Series? :tfhuh

AEC/RID you can skip. Beast Wars you gotta see though!!!

The first season dragged out introducing characters and subplots.

The second season is one of the greatest things ever made!!!!

The third season was weird, but still pretty dam good.

Alot of people didn't like the follow up Beast Machines cause of the attitude and style change. The over all style didn't apeal to me. I did think it was a real good aftermath story though.

Armada Starscream, Beast Machines Mega Cheetor, Energon Arcee, and Cybertron Override GTS. They're all that I've had and hated from this decade, some of which I still have.

But I will NOT own any version of Armada Side Swipe, and have ZERO interest in ROTF Supreme Failastator.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I love Armada Starscream. To each his own, I suppose.

Worst series: Energon

Worst Comicbook series: Stormbringer

Worst line: Robot Heroes (an insult to Actionmasters who had reasonable articlation, partners, guns and tech specs/personalities + AM Prime finally gave us a Prime that was closer in scale to Motormaster)

Worst toy: All deluxe cars and legends.

I just hate the way most cars are deluxes these days. They look too big with the reissues like G1 Prowl or the Basics like Clocker and Overhaul.

And they just look ridiculous with the deluxe Seekers.

The Diaclone Seekers may be too small with the Diaclone cars but they still look nice beside them in either mode. Classics Prowl and Starscream just look stupid together. If Classics had been G1, I'd never have gotten into Transformers. At least the Movie line has some sense of realism in the colour schemes. Realism was part of the appeal of the original G1 toys.

I'd love a Scout version of Armada Sideswipe or Energon Prowl.

Legends tease us with cool repaints that their larger counterparts will never see. Damn you, Blades!

I think that the worst of the worst offenders has to go to the Beast Wars pill bot. Forgot what his name is off hand but he was craptacular. What was his name...Huggatron...that can't be it...RETRAX I think it was.

Second only to Armada Sideswipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Retrax came out in the 90's.

He's kind of a fun destroyer bot.

As in he needs to be destroyed? ^_^

I think that the worst of the worst offenders has to go to the Beast Wars pill bot. Forgot what his name is off hand but he was craptacular. What was his name...Huggatron...that can't be it...RETRAX I think it was.

You know, the Japanese repaint for BW II was called "Powerhug." I kid you not.

Archived