WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

It's about his ungainly proportions, massive kibble and not so great articulation. With so many people getting spoiled by better toys, poor Sideswipe just became a whipping boy.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, gonna go line by line, with a 1 thru 5 ratting...

Beast Machines, Supreme Cheetor :poop :poop :poop :poop

-Here's what we need, a 2 ft robot that can't stand on it's own with stupid fingers that pop out and a sword it can't hold. As if the "Mega" version wasn't bad enough. He earns 4 out of 5 :poop because the cat mode was alright.

RID, Sideburn :poop :poop :poop

-You start off with a beautiful car, then end end up with a kibble covered, pencil thin mish mash of a robot. I first got this figure imported from a collector shop and called him Hotrod Scrap (also got a HR reissue that same visit), and he just looked like a beat to crap who could barely balance on his peg legs. 3 out of 5 :poop saving grace was the alt and weapons

Armada, Smokescreen :poop :poop

-I know, I'd think Sideswipe too, but there's no denying a robot Umpa Lumpa when you see on. Plus, the little side gimmick partner should never be that much cooler then the main figure. No articulation no nothing with a stupid cupcake head. 2 out of 5 :poop even though he was a super suck robot, the tow crane winch was a nice add on. His main weapon when extended is gigantic. Plus it's the only way to get that little Liftor figure who is full of win.

Universe 1.1, n/a

-Here's the thing. there are qualifing figures here, but the line was repaints done right. It gave alot of collectors a chance at getting long discontinued figures they may have missed with a decent story that tied in with the main Armada line. Univere 1.1 is dodging the bullet with 0 :poop

Energon, The Devistator Maximus crane limbs :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-COuld they have at least tried putting some effort into these? I mean, the Maximus combiners suck, but at least the smaller robots were pretty cool. We got 2 awesome jets, a cool tank, some helecopters, a excelent bulldozer, then these stupit things. 5 out of 5 :poop cause they just sucked that much!

Masterpiece, MP-03 Starscream :poop :poop :poop

-I know a hose job when I see one, and releasing this figure first in grey was just a way to sell another variant. Crafty how they gave us the burn first, then the acceptable one latter. You can believe they did that to keep the alt acurate to real life same as Universe Powerglide, thats fine, but you may be intrested in a bridge I have to sell as well. Keeping in mind that this "masterpice" has had 80 repaints and they never even tried to fix the leg issues, and this figure wins 3 out of 5 :poop the saving grace being the alt mode and the versatile stand.

Star Wars Transformers, Commander Cody Clone Tank :poop :poop :poop :poop

-I had no intrest in this thing but so many people talked it up I had to try it. WTF, it's a rolling slug with a barely articulated bot mode. I was happy to sell the stupid thing off. 4 out of 5 :poop cause the pistol hiden in the wheel was kinda cool

What is everyone's hang up with the Armada Sideswipe? I actually thought that compared to some of the figures in the Armada line that he wasn't so bad. Unless I am thinking of the wrong figure?

Look at it:

robotmode.jpg

Bugstomper's probably thinking of Armada Wheeljack, who has a resemblance to G1 Sideswipe

I think your right, he was also used as BotCon Sideswipe in 08, which probably helps with that.

lolicon%5B1%5D.gif worst transformer-rotf construction devastator (lazy-how about if the individual vehicles transformed into robots as well!! what an idea!)

-transformers rpms (we like robots,not toy cars with a picture of a robot underneath!!/straying away from transforming toy territory)

I think EZ Collection Hightower just may have Demolisher beat on crappy.

Worst figures of each line:

(please keep in mind that I didn't include EVERY figure line)

Beast Machines: Supreme Cheetor. GOD what a fugly looking figure. Worst Cheetor face ever. This line had so many bad toys though and runners up include Hammerstrike, Nightscream, Rattrap and Silverbolt who was so small that it was ridiculous.

Robots in Disguise: Bruticus. I'm not talking about the G1 repaint into Ruination, I'm talking the most stupid looking beast mode figure with the most retarded styling I can remember. I returned this figure.

Armada: Sideswipe. This is worse then a brick, it was an articulated brick where the articulation is So useless due to the huge legs and forearms. The WORST blocky, chunky, thunder thighed figure EVER.

Energon: Jetfire. I know a lot of people will think Ironhide but for me, after having such a great toy in Armada, i had such high hopes for Jetfire in Energon and they just really produced a terrible follow up. Ironhide DOES tie for this spot in this line though.

Cybertron: Metroplex. God what an over-sized Deluxe this toy was. There was so much potential but the detail and execution were just so crap. This figure clogged up all my local toy stores for months and in some places as much as a YEAR after the line was over. Supreme Starscream is a close second just because how useless this giant thing was in my collection.

Classics/Universe Classics: Galvatron. Really, after knocking out of the park with a sweet Megatron they make this puny...tank thing with a right arm that falls off every time I transform him. UGHH! Why Hasbro, Why?

Animated: Safeguard. That's right, the Jetfire/Jetstorm figure combiner. In a line with a lot of very clever engineering and transformations, this figures execution was just so ugly and badly conceived.

Movies (I'm counting both of them here) Supreme Devastator. I have seen some amazing repaints that make this figure look really brilliant...but the figure you get out of the package looks like an over sized playschool toy. I'm still knocking the accuracy though because he lacks the wrecking balls dangling between his legs.

Worst toy of the last 10 years over all: ROTF Supreme Devastator. I know he already appeared on my list once but he really is THAT bad.

Worst animated series: Cybertron. GAWD this was so boring to watch. O.o i actually found I could watch armada at least five minutes and not flinch. I can watch five minutes of Cybertron and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. No, I mean nothing at all. It's so boring and made of such padding that I doubt that with a clever editor the entire season couldn't have been cut down to a couple hours.

Anyway, that's my list of Worsts.

it ain't obvious? rotf devastator. WORST...TRANSFORMER...EVER!!!!!

All righty 5 pages of reading ROTF Devy and Armada Sideswipe as worst ever.

Hell no....not even close.

Anyone ever seen or had Armada Scavenger??? That was a figure so bad they could only repaint it once for a rather limited release in Energon. As bad as Sideswipe is, at least enough people liked him to do 5 or 6 repaints of him. To make things worse, if you put Scavenger in a lineup with 4 green bricks you'd have a hard time figuring out which one is supposed to transform. His minicon was like 1000 times better, which might have happened with some deluxes but not with any other figures of his size or price point.

ROTF Devy....disappointing sure, but worst ever? Hardly.

How about Animated roll out Prime? That thing is such a turd I wouldn't even buy him when I had a chance to for $20.

RID was my worst cartoon of the decade. The A/E/C series all had their problems but I think they all also had some really cool moments and are FAR from being the worst we could get when compared to RID.

Beast Machines does get a dishonorable mention here.

Overall I don't have many other real bad things to say about the last decade. We got way too much cool stuff to bother keeping track of the few really bad things there were.

I can't believe I didn't mention my most hated figure of the decade. Most will disagree, but I have to say 20th Anniversary Prime. So much metal that he couldn't support a pose under his own weight, totally forgettable gimmicks - what was the point of the "communication panels"? That took all of what, 30 seconds to engineer? Wow! The only good feature of the toy is the Matrix with its ability to light up when in Prime's chest. And of course, the guy had chips in his painted metal right out of the box :fire . And the only figures he's compatible with are the (underwhelming so I only own a few) Alternators. If I weren't a "unique mold" Prime completist, this guy would have been sold or trashed years ago.

Archived