WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Worst cartoon series -- Armada (I still cannot believe I bought most of that toyline -- have since sold most of them off) I didn't mind the Energon and Cybertron runs.

Worst toy line -- Universe/Classics Why you might ask? Exclusives is my only reasoning behind this decision. I don't think I would like/dislike this toy line so much other than the fact that the exclusives were so difficult to acquire that unless you had the money to attend a convention or pay through the teeth on ebay for them they are forever going to be exclusive and hard to come by. And yes, the figures I am referring to are the Decepticon Jets!! I was loving this line right up to that point! I don't think that a price tag of that that exclusive boxset had on it was worth it! The figures could have easily been released as individual figures and completed the first three figures which were already released. However, they weren't they were released as exclusives at Botcon and just made me sick to my stomach when I couldn't attend(they seriously need to move that convention to the summer after school is out) And I couldn't afford to just go to ebay and by it after the fact! I'll stop now.

Single worst toy/most disappointment in toy ever -- Masterpiece Megatron. Great to look at but you dare not touch him while he is standing on the shelf and you better not transform him cause that is going to take a while! It could have been so much better and possibly made an appearance on my best list however, that whole poorly constructed waist thing he had going on was executed so terribly that even though I was so excited to get it, I was happy when I finally parted with it!

I can see that. I do wish Hasbro's attitude toward the Classics line was the same one they had with the 25th anniversary G.I. Joe toys. What happened with those is what should have happened with Transformers Classics. The Joes were meant as a small line of anniversary toys, but they became very popular and so Hasbro decided to continue the toy line. Still, it is the fault of the first Transformers movie. Even if one likes the first Transformers movie it still stinks, because it was made clear by Hasbro that it was the cause for the poor treatment of Transformers Classics.

As for MP Megatron, I'm not as fearful of the toy as most people, but there is one negative that you didn't mention. It's the tarnishing of Megatron's metal frame. I think it's real shame that something like should happen to modern day Transformer, let alone a Masterpiece Transformer.

I never had my MP Megatron long enough for that to happen to mine!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst figure: ROTF Rampage <<< FFFFF-UUU!!! Absolute garbage. :poop

Worst Series: Energon (A/E/C if you can include all three). It's the only series that ever turned me completely off of Transformers.

Worst Character: Tie between Nightscream (Beast Machines) and ROTF Bumblebee. Im leaning more towards that idiot mute Bumblebee.

Worst Series: Energon. I could stomach Armada, and Cybertron was mildly redeeming. However, Energon sucked a plateful of snot

Worst Figure Line: Armada. Armada Sideswipe... need I say more?

Worst Sub-Line: Bumper Battlers. Rather wipe my Heine with the $10 that those things cost

Worst Figure: ROTF Devastator. No individual robot modes and a brick gestalt mode for $100? Blow me :)

The holidays are over. It is the new year of a new decade. What a better opportunity to talk about the WORST Transformers of the Decade (2000-2009). Want to set those Beast Machines on fire? Got burned on Titaniums? Lay it down people! Starting with Beast Machines and running through to Revenge of the Fallen, post about your most hated Transformers over the years.

FYI - We have started another topic to share your BEST Transformers of the Decade as well.

Cartoon: Beast Machines, floowed closely by Energon. Energon just couldn't hold my attention. BM was like a horrible train wreck.

Character: Nightscream

Toy: Supreme Cheetor, followed by both Bayverse Leader Megatrons

The people complaining about Animated, need to go back and re-watch Armada! I bought the series on DVD...watched it all the way though...and can honestly say it's the single worst Transformers cartoon series I've ever seen. But then, I was so disgusted that I have yet to see any of Energon or Cybertron, so they may even top it. The lamest characters, too many voices that sounded alike, and a story that was barely coherent from about the mid point through the end. Not to mention characters that would pop up out of the blue with no introduction, or just disappear and never be heard from again.

I don't really have a "worst toy series", but I was incredibly disgusted with Hasbro/Takara for failing us on a fully Transformable, Fallen Devastator. Yes we have the little legends size Constructicons to work with, but their robot forms suck and it would be nice to have something with some size. There's been plenty of figures I didn't care for in every series...but this was the only one which really disappointed me.

A Voyager size Universe Galvatron would have been nice as well...seriously, a delux?!?

The people complaining about Animated, need to go back and re-watch Armada! I bought the series on DVD...watched it all the way though...and can honestly say it's the single worst Transformers cartoon series I've ever seen. But then, I was so disgusted that I have yet to see any of Energon or Cybertron, so they may even top it. The lamest characters, too many voices that sounded alike, and a story that was barely coherent from about the mid point through the end. Not to mention characters that would pop up out of the blue with no introduction, or just disappear and never be heard from again.

I never watched a full season of Armada, but the Dreamwave Comic was pretty good. I have every issue and the Worlds Collide story arc was awesome.

Bison...I totally agree that the comic of Armada was better! I only have a few issues, but the difference between it, and the cartoon series is night and day.

I forgot about three huge let downs of the last decade...and all three originally came from the Energon line! Devastator, Superion, and Bruticus...what were they thinking!?! Where were their hands and feet?!? Those ugly heads!!! THANK GOD for Fansproject, they single handedly turned shit into gem stones.

Bison...I totally agree that the comic of Armada was better! I only have a few issues, but the difference between it, and the cartoon series is night and day.

I forgot about three huge let downs of the last decade...and all three originally came from the Energon line! Devastator, Superion, and Bruticus...what were they thinking!?! Where were their hands and feet?!? Those ugly heads!!! THANK GOD for Fansproject, they single handedly turned shit into gem stones.

Extreme frugality, that's what they were thinking.

OK, gonna go line by line, with a 1 thru 5 ratting...

Beast Machines, Supreme Cheetor :poop :poop :poop :poop

-Here's what we need, a 2 ft robot that can't stand on it's own with stupid fingers that pop out and a sword it can't hold. As if the "Mega" version wasn't bad enough. He earns 4 out of 5 :poop because the cat mode was alright.

RID, Sideburn :poop :poop :poop

-You start off with a beautiful car, then end end up with a kibble covered, pencil thin mish mash of a robot. I first got this figure imported from a collector shop and called him Hotrod Scrap (also got a HR reissue that same visit), and he just looked like a beat to crap who could barely balance on his peg legs. 3 out of 5 :poop saving grace was the alt and weapons

Armada, Smokescreen :poop :poop

-I know, I'd think Sideswipe too, but there's no denying a robot Umpa Lumpa when you see on. Plus, the little side gimmick partner should never be that much cooler then the main figure. No articulation no nothing with a stupid cupcake head. 2 out of 5 :poop even though he was a super suck robot, the tow crane winch was a nice add on. His main weapon when extended is gigantic. Plus it's the only way to get that little Liftor figure who is full of win.

Universe 1.1, n/a

-Here's the thing. there are qualifing figures here, but the line was repaints done right. It gave alot of collectors a chance at getting long discontinued figures they may have missed with a decent story that tied in with the main Armada line. Univere 1.1 is dodging the bullet with 0 :poop

Energon, The Devistator Maximus crane limbs :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-COuld they have at least tried putting some effort into these? I mean, the Maximus combiners suck, but at least the smaller robots were pretty cool. We got 2 awesome jets, a cool tank, some helecopters, a excelent bulldozer, then these stupit things. 5 out of 5 :poop cause they just sucked that much!

Masterpiece, MP-03 Starscream :poop :poop :poop

-I know a hose job when I see one, and releasing this figure first in grey was just a way to sell another variant. Crafty how they gave us the burn first, then the acceptable one latter. You can believe they did that to keep the alt acurate to real life same as Universe Powerglide, thats fine, but you may be intrested in a bridge I have to sell as well. Keeping in mind that this "masterpice" has had 80 repaints and they never even tried to fix the leg issues, and this figure wins 3 out of 5 :poop the saving grace being the alt mode and the versatile stand.

Star Wars Transformers, Commander Cody Clone Tank :poop :poop :poop :poop

-I had no intrest in this thing but so many people talked it up I had to try it. WTF, it's a rolling slug with a barely articulated bot mode. I was happy to sell the stupid thing off. 4 out of 5 :poop cause the pistol hiden in the wheel was kinda cool

Cybertron, Override :poop :poop :poop :poop

-A cool speedster car that flips forward for fast fast fast transformation!!! And what a robot with it's poor ballance, spindly arms, overly wide torso, weird back peg thing that means she can't hold her weapon or her front end will drag!?!!?!?! 4 out of 5 :poop because the alt mode is really cool

Titanium, GIJoe Megatron :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-Lets set aside the QC issues, YOU CAN"T JUST MAKE UP A MEGATRON, especial when he's advered against a loned for Prime!!! WE do thank Titanium for giving us the second Megatron figure to balance the universe. Still, this version earns a solid 5 out of 5 :poop

Classics, Snarl :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-80% of the Classics Minicons sucked, but this stupid tiger thing took the cake. With a head for one arm, and his ass for the other, this little bot isn't even worth typing about which earns him 5

Transformers The Movie, Payload :poop :poop :poop :poop

-When I first saw this guy I really wanted him. the bot was pretty impresive in pictures. Sadly in hand, not so much. Between the giant plunger in his back and the jump off parts (poor Hasbro ran outta glue) this guy earns 4 out of 5 :poop . His saving grace, before I sold him, I use to let the larger bots swing him around like a weapon.

Animated, Starscream :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop

-The jet was pretty cool. Otherwise what the hell was with this slumped shouldered, Popeye armed, raisin headed, miscolored, tree stumped leg freak??? Please take your 5 out of 5 :poop and get back on the short bus!!!

Archived