WORST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

I can't honestly say a complete worst series or anything, as I've liked something out of each regardless. So I'll just say the worst toy of the decade IMO was RID Ultra Magnus. I've never been so disappointed in a toy as I was in that one. It was pretty to look at, but a mess to tf and unstable and pretty much a fragile brick in robot mode. I even like bricks, but this thing was near useless. I even rank BTR toys over it, as at least they had some enjoyment in the building block aspects. If it's just pretty to look at and that's it.. then it's just a cruddy toy IMO.

he makes up for it by combining to make omega prime. one of the worst figures creates one of the best, how bout that

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't honestly say a complete worst series or anything, as I've liked something out of each regardless. So I'll just say the worst toy of the decade IMO was RID Ultra Magnus. I've never been so disappointed in a toy as I was in that one. It was pretty to look at, but a mess to tf and unstable and pretty much a fragile brick in robot mode. I even like bricks, but this thing was near useless. I even rank BTR toys over it, as at least they had some enjoyment in the building block aspects. If it's just pretty to look at and that's it.. then it's just a cruddy toy IMO.

he makes up for it by combining to make omega prime. one of the worst figures creates one of the best, how bout that

I agree that Omega Prime is awesome. It almost seems like they designed magnus strictly to combine, and with his standalone mode as an afterthought.

I'll have to create some sub-categories for my list.

Worst Autobots: The cars from RID. They have frickin' doors for arms! I've tried buying some now, but as I look at the pictures I just can't do it.

Worst Decepticons: ROTF Constructicons and Devastator.

Single Worst Autobot: Armada Sideswipe.

Single Worst Decepticon: Beast Machines Megatron. I could have chosen Megabolt Megatron, but at least that one has a decent robot mode. This one is hideous all around.

Worst Toyline: Beast Machines.

Worst Cartoon: Armada. I want to say Beast Machines, but Armada's stupidity overrides the general awfulness of Beast Machines.

Nope, that would only get a pass for me if he wasn't sold as a separate toy. God Bomber is a crappy toy, but he at least get's packaged with Ginrai or sold separate as a Ginrai add on. UM just doesn't stand well enough on his own.

Mind you, I'm not a big Omega prime fan either :) Pretty yes, much of a toy... not really.

Worst cartoon series -- Armada (I still cannot believe I bought most of that toyline -- have since sold most of them off) I didn't mind the Energon and Cybertron runs.

Worst toy line -- Universe/Classics Why you might ask? Exclusives is my only reasoning behind this decision. I don't think I would like/dislike this toy line so much other than the fact that the exclusives were so difficult to acquire that unless you had the money to attend a convention or pay through the teeth on ebay for them they are forever going to be exclusive and hard to come by. And yes, the figures I am referring to are the Decepticon Jets!! I was loving this line right up to that point! I don't think that a price tag of that that exclusive boxset had on it was worth it! The figures could have easily been released as individual figures and completed the first three figures which were already released. However, they weren't they were released as exclusives at Botcon and just made me sick to my stomach when I couldn't attend(they seriously need to move that convention to the summer after school is out) And I couldn't afford to just go to ebay and by it after the fact! I'll stop now.

Single worst toy/most disappointment in toy ever -- Masterpiece Megatron. Great to look at but you dare not touch him while he is standing on the shelf and you better not transform him cause that is going to take a while! It could have been so much better and possibly made an appearance on my best list however, that whole poorly constructed waist thing he had going on was executed so terribly that even though I was so excited to get it, I was happy when I finally parted with it!

Worst cartoon series -- Armada (I still cannot believe I bought most of that toyline -- have since sold most of them off) I didn't mind the Energon and Cybertron runs.

Worst toy line -- Universe/Classics Why you might ask? Exclusives is my only reasoning behind this decision. I don't think I would like/dislike this toy line so much other than the fact that the exclusives were so difficult to acquire that unless you had the money to attend a convention or pay through the teeth on ebay for them they are forever going to be exclusive and hard to come by. And yes, the figures I am referring to are the Decepticon Jets!! I was loving this line right up to that point! I don't think that a price tag of that that exclusive boxset had on it was worth it! The figures could have easily been released as individual figures and completed the first three figures which were already released. However, they weren't they were released as exclusives at Botcon and just made me sick to my stomach when I couldn't attend(they seriously need to move that convention to the summer after school is out) And I couldn't afford to just go to ebay and by it after the fact! I'll stop now.

Single worst toy/most disappointment in toy ever -- Masterpiece Megatron. Great to look at but you dare not touch him while he is standing on the shelf and you better not transform him cause that is going to take a while! It could have been so much better and possibly made an appearance on my best list however, that whole poorly constructed waist thing he had going on was executed so terribly that even though I was so excited to get it, I was happy when I finally parted with it!

I can see that. I do wish Hasbro's attitude toward the Classics line was the same one they had with the 25th anniversary G.I. Joe toys. What happened with those is what should have happened with Transformers Classics. The Joes were meant as a small line of anniversary toys, but they became very popular and so Hasbro decided to continue the toy line. Still, it is the fault of the first Transformers movie. Even if one likes the first Transformers movie it still stinks, because it was made clear by Hasbro that it was the cause for the poor treatment of Transformers Classics.

As for MP Megatron, I'm not as fearful of the toy as most people, but there is one negative that you didn't mention. It's the tarnishing of Megatron's metal frame. I think it's real shame that something like should happen to modern day Transformer, let alone a Masterpiece Transformer.

Worst shows: Beast Machines, Energon, Cybertron, and Animated.

Worst toylines: RPMs, Bumper Battlers, Deployers, Beast Riders, and Activators.

Worst toy from each line: BM- tie between all Deployers and Beast Riders, Armada- Red Alert[though he did have a cool head], Energon- Omega Supreme, Cybertron- Hot Shot, R.I.D.- High Tower, Movie 1- Bumble Bee[1st 1], Animated- deluxe Bumble Bee, Movie 2- tie between all rpms and supreme devy,

titanium- tie between both Megatrons, Classics- OP,Universe 2.0- Silver Bolt.

Worst shows: Beast Machines, Energon, Cybertron, and Animated.

Worst toylines: RPMs, Bumper Battlers, Deployers, Beast Riders, and Activators.

Worst toy from each line: BM- tie between all Deployers and Beast Riders, Armada- Red Alert[though he did have a cool head], Energon- Omega Supreme, Cybertron- Hot Shot, R.I.D.- High Tower, Movie 1- Bumble Bee[1st 1], Animated- deluxe Bumble Bee, Movie 2- tie between all rpms and supreme devy,

titanium- tie between both Megatrons, Classics- OP,Universe 2.0- Silver Bolt.

i had to disagree with TF: Animated being one of the worst, to me Animated the third best tf series. I just hate the fact it got cancel before they could properly end the series.

I have to said out of the worst animated series from 00-09:

Armada because it had way too many flaws that couldn't be ignored, although character delevopment wise had one of the best Starscream may never see again. Intend of the sneaky,traitorous,loveable, winier bot we was presented with a deep down honorable,good hearted conflicted warrior starscream.

Robot In Disguise because I felt that predacons & decepiticon was horribly outnumbered by the autobots. In the first half the series Megatron/Gigatron was a coward or didn't get his hand dirty (way to ruin a possible bad ass leader), only till he becomes Galvatron/ Devil Gigatron he starts being a menace. And many of the autobots didn't have much of a personality to remember them by. But the high of point of series best Optimius Prime combination ever! Omega Prime/God Convoy and Skybyte getting a happy ending lol.

I'm going to throw in Revenge of the Fallen, because I'm conflicted with it. Storyline was weak,human characters development could have WAY better (looking at you Mikaela and Leo), The Fallen should gotten better treatment than that, he was suppose to be one the most feared villian in tf comics. Any transformers that wasn't Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron,or Twins was reduced to cameo, or only had 3 unimportant lines in the movie and killed off fasters than you can say "plot hole". Only possible reason why I even bought the movie after seeing in theaters was too see Prime vs Megatron,Starscream,Grindor/Blackout fight again :tflaugh

worst toy of 00-09

the first beast machines cheeator toy, I like the beast mode but robot it was a bit out of scale for my taste and legs was too skinny and can't stand well

I think I had more to list but THIS one toy seem to burn bright in my mind right now and I can't let it go soo easily is Revenge of the Fallen Arcee. Even through I read many reviews saying she not a good figure I picked up anyway since I had Chromia and waiting for a release of Elita-1 to combine them. When I open her up the vehicle mode was decent, when transforming her to robot I then experienced the disappointment in the figure, just felt they didn't spend anytime on her.

My least favorite figure?

Well, since I didn't get back into Transformers until the 07 movie, I can only go off what I have:

Universe Sunstreaker.

That mold just rubs me the wrong way, despite its clever double robot-ness.

Archived