BEST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Best TF toy of the decade with out a doubt is MP Convoy/ 20th Anni Optimus from 04 not the 06 one which suffered from HUGE QC issues, and really just didn't look as sharp.

The best line I'd say is a toss up between the Classics/ Universe 2.0, and the Alternators. The only thing that would put the Alternators totally over on this would have been a Megatron. They made Prime into a Ram so why couldn't they make Megatron?(Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Hasbro. I love owning a real world representation of this.(I made a custom of Rodimus out of a Ram but I'd never paint a real truck like that)) What no car company would liscense them to make their truck into the leader of the Decepticons? I think a silver Silverado would have been perfect, or a silver Hummer w/ a huge Bass tube that telescoped out to be his arm cannon. Something. Almost anything big. Seriously Hasbro really left this line unfinished.

Best series? Hmm Beast Machines, A/E/C, and Animated. I know Cybertron is considered something different but at the end they showed that there was a link between it, and the previous 2 series. Shoot at the beginning they showed that the destruction of Unicron was the cause of their problems in the first place, and it was from taking power from Unicron that Megatron had the Unicron armor. So it is part of the same continuum. With Animated I like the show, but didn't buy most of the figs (for my self) because I just wasn't a fan of the design (same with the movie figs I got them for my son), except Blurr because of the similarities to Spotlight Blurr. So I bought him. I loved the writing on Animated but the designs just kind of threw me. I will say that the toys were almost perfectly accurate to the show except Prime who never got a full version.

Best moments as a fan were finding 20th Anni ptimus in the store, and watching Optimus transform while rolling down the free way. (much more dramatic than his first on screen transformation)

Over all what I'd like to see Hasbro do in this next decade is bring back the Universe 2.0 LINE (not just some exclusive Ultra class figs, but the whole line), and finish the Alternators. Just 1 figure, and you're done. Just 1 1:24 scale silver truck w/ a G1ish Megatron head on it, and the line can be wrapped up. Sure the Autobots out number the Decepticons like 5 to 1 but hey at least we'd have a Megatron to pose against Optimus.

SERIES: Beast Machines

Short, sweet, no humans.

TOY: Cybertron Soundwave, Energon Shockblast (Shockwave), Alternator Jazz

MP Prime is like the centerpiece for any collection, but before Animated, I just didn't see enough of these characters. It took a long time to finally see these characters with a new look.

TOY LINE: MP and Alternators

Masterpiece.... yeah. I feel sorry for anyone who has the orange tip Megatron. Just about had all them Alternators till they started coming out with exclusives. Then I just gave up.

SERIES: Beast Machines

Short, sweet, no humans.

TOY: Cybertron Soundwave, Energon Shockblast (Shockwave), Alternator Jazz

MP Prime is like the centerpiece for any collection, but before Animated, I just didn't see enough of these characters. It took a long time to finally see these characters with a new look.

TOY LINE: MP and Alternators

Masterpiece.... yeah. I feel sorry for anyone who has the orange tip Megatron. Just about had all them Alternators till they started coming out with exclusives. Then I just gave up.

Me too on the Alts I'm missing Alt Hotrod "Rodimus", Nemesis Prime, and Frenzy. Or was it Rumble? RIBFIR/ FIBRIR :tfevil for the win

I forgot 1 in my best of post.

Longest general discussion Who came first Dinobot or the Dinobots? 28 pages the first 26 of which were in 1 week (21 in 1 day), the 27th was reached by the end of that month, and then someone brought it back up 7 months later for it to reach 28. There's allot of fun in the first 26 pages though.

Best Series: Rhino Beast Wars Box Sets

Animated was badly marred by the human villains.

I also loved the Dreamwave comics. They got me back into Transformers.

Best Toyline: G1 Reissues

Prowl got me back into collecting the toys.

Megatron is the most expensive single Transformer I ever bought. I would never pay that price for any other single TF.

Best Figure: RID Ultra Magnus

Honourable mentions:

Armada Thundercracker

Energon Rodimus/Checkpoint

Classics Seekers

Universe Ultra Magnus (Armada Prime repaint)

Classics Megatron

Classics Nemesis Prime

Universe Devestator (RID Landfill repaint)

Since the unofficial Magnus armour was mentioned, Encore Ironhide and the custom clip on head available on Ebay.

Best TF Moment: The Autobots arrival on Earth in the 07 movie. The music almost had me leaking optical lubricant. Waited more than 2 decades for that moment.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely adore TFA Ultra Magnus and Megatron. I have both of them, and their repaints, and I can't put any of them down! I really love both molds, and while they would benefit from articulated hands and slightly more posability, I still thing they're top notch.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my list:

1. Binaltech Smokescreen GT

2. MP Grimlock

3. MP Skywarp (Hasbro version)

4. Universe Cyclonus

5. Animated Leader Megatron

• 3 weeks later...

Archived