BEST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Best Cartoon: Since BW didn't air in the 2000 I will go with Beast Machines. Animated was a close second.

Best Villain: BW/Beast Machines Megatron (as already stated by others)

Best Hero: Optimus Prime (RoTF)

Best Toyline: Classics/Universe 2.0

Best Display Figure: MP Prime, MP Starscream close second

Best Play Figure: Classics Mirage (poseability wins over any other figure.)

My Greatest Moment as a Transformers Fan: Hearing Peter Cullin (as Optimus Prime) narrate the opening scene of Transformers 2007. As I sat in the theater, it finally hit me...they really made a Transformers live action film!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The holidays are over. It is the new year of a new decade. What a better opportunity to talk about the BEST Transformers of of the decade (2000-2009). Missing the Playskool GoBots? Wishing for more Alternators? So lay it down people! Starting with Beast Machines and running through to Revenge of the Fallen, post about your favorite Transformers of the last 10 years.

So as to avoid the inevitable bitch fest that will arise over A/E/C and other lines, we have started another topic to share your WORST Transformers of the Decade as well.

Cartoon: Animated - It's like G1 with an ongoing plotline, followed by RiD

Toyline: They are almost all good. No real preference here.

Individual figures:Cybertron Prime, HA Bumblebee, Classic Starscream, Animated Leader Megatron

Character: Animated Megatron

Best Cartoon: Since BW didn't air in the 2000 I will go with Beast Machines. Animated was a close second.

Well you could still say BW since they re-ran it for like the first half of 2000 on Fox Kids.

I highly enjoyed Beast Wars and Beast Machines...even with all it's zen weirdness! I also had a blast watching Transformers Animated. The designs took a little getting used to, but the stories were miles above the Japanese crap that had been getting released here previously.

For toys...I loved too much. I feel like a robot whore! The entire Masterpiece line I find fantastic. The Classics/Universe line had many I enjoyed...most notably Bumblebee, Starscream, Dirge, Powerglide, Optimus, Prowl...oh hell, all but some of the lamer repaints!

Many of the movie figures are excellent, but my favorites are Optimus Prime, Iron Hide, Jetfire, Soundwave, and the Ice Cream Twins.

I've been very appreciative of the Encore cassettes and San Diego Comicon Soundwave too.

Honorable shout out to the indy companies making the add-on kits and accessories!

Well you could still say BW since they re-ran it for like the first half of 2000 on Fox Kids.

I remember reading that some g1 episodes were airing in Canada or the UK a few years ago......doesn't make G1 a series from the decade.

Best show: RID

Best toylines: RID, BM, and Armada

Best toy from each series: BM- Night Viper, RID- Rail Racer, Armada- Thrust, Energon- Wing Saber, Cybertron- Cross Wise, Movie 1- Drop Kick, Animated- Prowl, Bulk Head, and Lockdown, Movie 2- Blaze Master, Titanium- Hot Spot and Star Scream, Classics- Mirage, and Universe 2.0- Galvatron, Power Glide, and Onslaught.

I been thinking what is the best Prime of the Decade. I know MP-01 is a class on it own. ROFL Prime is freaking sweet but

I thought hard about it and I had to pick...... Classic Optimus Prime.

I mean its G1 revisited updated :)

Best show: RID

Best toylines: RID, BM, and Armada

Best toy from each series: BM- Night Viper, RID- Rail Racer, Armada- Thrust, Energon- Wing Saber, Cybertron- Cross Wise, Movie 1- Drop Kick, Animated- Prowl, Bulk Head, and Lockdown, Movie 2- Blaze Master, Titanium- Hot Spot and Star Scream, Classics- Mirage, and Universe 2.0- Galvatron, Power Glide, and Onslaught.

It almost sounds like your saying you like everything that most ppl hate (not me, but most) but ... DROPKICK??? :wtf i HAVE to ask about this one? ?? ? WHY????!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Isnt this the pick up loser (imo)

I think movie 1 was Prime leader. movie 2 Prime Leader new mold, Masterpiece Optimus Prime, Alternators Rodimus, Animated Voyager Prime/Leader Megs, Armada Optimus Prime, Energon Optimus Prime, Cybertron Scourge. RiD, Sideburn. Kiss players, The Leigon. :lol are some of my evryline fave examples

Classics Cyclonus/Optimus Prime, Beast Machines Supreme Primal, Revoltech Starscream are so more. :P

Archived