BEST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

Best figure is classics cyclonus with targemaster nightstick

I have to agree with SSGoku

Classic Cyclonus suprised me, I had bought Classic hound and Ironhide that night along with Cyclonus. And Cyclonus won the day.

Classic-Cyclonus

Armada-Starscream

Energon-Rodimus and Downshift(wheeljack homeage)

Cybertron-Sideways(my car's namesake)

RID-N/A

MP-Starscreamcon.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 5 TFs of the past decade for me are;

Animated Voyager Prime

Classics Mirage

Cybertron Evac

Movie Blackout

Animated Starscream

My favourite Toyline and series being Animated.

• 2 weeks later...

In a world that gave us an actual transforming Unicron figure, Primus, the beauty of Universe Cyclonus, MP Grimlock and Starscream (the Hasbro version), the simple genius of Animated Blurr/Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus/Leader Megatron/Blitzwing/Swoop/Prowl/Jazz (essentially, practically the whole Animated line),RID Scourge and several Bayverse figures (ROTF Prime, HA 'Bee, Blackout, Bludgeon, Voyager ROTF Megs, Mixmaster), the lone pole star about which all that is truly good about TF toys is--beyond any and all shadow of a doubt--MP Optimus Prime.

This figure is absolutely awesome and breathtaking to behold, and is the standard that ALL transformers toys should aspire to.

My top five are:

CLASSICS 2.0 CYCLONUS Cool, but has an unstable vehicle mode and simple transformation.

CLASSICS 2.0 STARSCREAM No denying he's awesome and very g1 accurate, but he's sort of a brick.

TITANIUM RODIMUS PRIME ???? He's so floppy and lame! Jetfire is way better.

CYBERTRON PRIMUS He totally sucks, pure and simple in every way.

ARMADA UNICRON Cool, but has an almost entire robot on his back in planet mode! He's like superlink wheeljack but the body's in plain sight! They could've made the beard bigger too...... :schin

Best series: Beast Wars. Good plot line and not as cringe worthy as any of the others throughout the last decade

Best line: Classics/ Universe 2.0 - It was full of G1 nostalgia, and really brought back my childhood, only with articulation this time

Best figure: MP-01 Have to agree with BaCon there, he's gonna be a hard contender to beat ever

This is a three person power house answer here and I agree with you both, I am def going with MP-01/04.The best fig to date and the only one I show off the most.

The best series: G1- the foundation of it all, What more can I say.

The best line: Classic's/Universe 2.0 , Like Prowlclone said this line brought a lot of the old feeling with a new articulated fig, hands down best line for price and availability with all kinds of new designs/new molds. AWESOME :awsum

Hey guys, haven't been on this board in literally years...

Most of my collecting recently has been unusual imports from Japan, so I thought I'd show some love to TFs the rest of you may have overlooked:

Best Prime: tough call. I'm giving it to Takara Hybrid Style G1 Convoy, for being EVEN BETTER than the masterpiece figure despite only being 4 inches tall.

Best Gimmick: and a close runner for best figure - Music Label Soundwave. Perfect deluxe-sized update of arguably the best-designed Transformer ever, plus he's a working MP3 player.

Best small Transformer: WST Soundwave. A perfect recreation of the G1 figure, only he's about an inch tall; transforms, guns stow in the battery compartment, feet are diecast just like the original and the icing on the cake is that his cassette slot opens to reveal a fully transformable Ravage about the size of your little fingernail. Awesome.

Best Masterpiece: Grimlock. Huge, beautifully-detailed figure. I got the original release and I'm glad I did, the crown and smokey blue redeco can't compare to an apron and drinks tray.

Other best Masterpiece: Megatron. Never, ever thought it would happen but it did and it was perfect.

Best series: Binaltech. Binaltech Hound is one of the finest TFs I've ever owned, he is basically a masterpiece. The quality of the Japanese releases utterly shamed Hasbro's efforts, especially the diecast and the packaging. Also, Alternity for picking up where this left off, even if my Bumblebee came with two right hands...

Best Affordable Toyline: Henkei Henkei Transform (Super Happy Go Go Robots Desu) - Lots of G1 love in this line, significantly better made and painted than Hasbro's offerings. Again.

Best Cartoon: I bought the G1 DVDs in this decade, does that count?

Best Movie: The 80's one. Let's face it, both live-action films blow goats. Especially the second one.

Best Movie TF: I sadly missed my chance to get Buster Prime, so let's go with TF1's Voyager Ironhide and Voyager Ratchet. I love those figures; Ratchet because he's big and bulky like a G1, but also very well articulated and Ironhide because he seems to be the most movie-accurate to my eyes. They're also the only character designs/characters in the movies I actually liked.

Best Non-Transformer TF: Revoltech Macross Valkyrie. Because it's a transforming Revoltech. A. Transforming. Revoltech.

Finally, Best Comic: anything drawn by Don Figueroa, the man is a genius.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last 10 years, I liked Energon. I loved the animation, but the human charicters is why some of you don't like it. I don't favor the humans eather. The transformers is what I favor too.

Favorite toy:

Mmmmm..... Out of what I have, I would say Eather Cybertron Metroplex, Universe Unicron, or ROTF Optimus Prime. All are big, and complex Unicron is a planet, Metroplex has no 'Kibble' in robot mode, and Prime has a very cool and realistic truck mode.

26 years and still going on strong!

• 1 month later...

Best TV Show - Animated. I'd say BW, but thats kinda like late 90s so it doesn't count. I wouldn't say Animated is even the best thing ever.. Season 3, to me, was wasted potential. The show went out with a whimper when it could of went out with a bang. Too much filler and such. But, when all you have to compete with is retarded Japformer TF shows, Animated kind of wins by default.

Best Toy Line - Easily Animated. They're not for everyone, but it's been the only line that I've enjoyed consistantly. Like literally, I don't have much bad things to say about any of them. Well..... Maybe Jetfire and Jetstorm. Take into account for A/E/C I can probably find a ton of crap that really shouldn't exist.

Best Figure - I can't pick just one D: .. see above for further details.

Best figure is classics cyclonus with targemaster nightstick

I have to agree with SSGoku

Classic Cyclonus suprised me, I had bought Classic hound and Ironhide that night along with Cyclonus. And Cyclonus won the day.

Classic-Cyclonus

Armada-Starscream

Energon-Rodimus and Downshift(wheeljack homeage)

Cybertron-Sideways(my car's namesake)

RID-N/A

MP-Starscreamcon.png

I also have to agree that Classics Cyclonus w/ Targetmaster Nightstick was by far one of the best figures EVER! I wanted the original when it came out 20+ years ago..but this one blew the original away!

Cybertron Sideways is also awesome, as is Cybertron Soundwave

Basically the entire Classics line rocks..with a few exceptions.

Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons are great

Archived