BEST Transformers of the Decade

BaCon

The holidays are over. It is the new year of a new decade. What a better opportunity to talk about the BEST Transformers of of the decade (2000-2009). Missing the Playskool GoBots? Wishing for more Alternators? So lay it down people! Starting with Beast Machines and running through to Revenge of the Fallen, post about your favorite Transformers of the last 10 years.

So as to avoid the inevitable bitch fest that will arise over A/E/C and other lines, we have started another topic to share your WORST Transformers of the Decade as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cartoon: Beast Machines. The continuity of the BW series. As if my name didn't really show that off.

Toyline: RID - those toys are awesome

Toy: 20th Anniversary Prime

Here's mine:

Master Piece - MP-1 Convoy is the definitive Optimus Prime. I don't see how they can beat it. Ever.

Playskool Go-Bots - They were cheesy and cute and full of fun! I want more.

Takara ACT PVCs - They were very well done, took up little space and were cheap. That's what collecting was all about. I really miss that element.

Galaxy Force / Cybertron - I am a lover all things Cybertronian so this was my series.

Best series: Beast Wars. Good plot line and not as cringe worthy as any of the others throughout the last decade

Best line: Classics/ Universe 2.0 - It was full of G1 nostalgia, and really brought back my childhood, only with articulation this time

Best figure: MP-01 Have to agree with BaCon there, he's gonna be a hard contender to beat ever

Best Series: For me it was a close call between Beast Wars and RID

Best Line of Toys: Classics or RID

Best Figure: I love RID Optimus Prime

Just my thoughts....

Not really sure where they fit in but I really liked the KissPlay TF's from Japan... Yea I know it was an odd manga with half naked teen girls and the concept was just weird... (The girls gave the autobots energy by kissing them and the deceptecons wanted that power from the girls.) But the figures were really nice. I actually liked the way they did those figures better than the current HA figures.

And as far as the best figure goes it is really a toss up for me between the Unicron and Primus figures.

Best series: TF Animated. TFA kept the heart of the series through a fun reboot. Far from perfect, but my nieces & nephew can enjoy it with me & most figures were great (& some of the most 'toon accurate ever)

Best line: Classics (1.0) / Universe 2.0 - this series really RE-Sold me on TFs: great looking Robot AND Alt modes, detailing & most importantly; FUN Transformations (ignoring Galvatron)

Best figure: MP-01 (you're gonna see this one a LOT) This IS Optimus-Prime. The one many of us had waited decades for!

Best Series : Beast Wars/Beast Machines

Best Toyline : Classics/Universe 2.0

Best Figure : I'm going with Classics Prime. I like MP Prime (got the version that included the trailer), but I still like to get my transformers out and play with them occasionally and MP Prime isn't really a play with toy. It's a display and stare at toy.

Also adding to this if I may:: Hopes for the next ten years : A decently done combiner team specifically a retooling of the Predacons; Redone version of Fort Max; And seeing some of the Japanese ones like the breast force finally released in the US and elsewhere with retoolings possibly but keeping the same concepts. Of course it goes without saying that I want all this in a classics/universe line.

edited: yeah..breast force not breastformers...it's monday

Best Series? Cybertron as long as one keeps it away from Armada

Best Toyline Classic Universe

Best Figure Tie Cybertron Galvatron and C/U Henkei Onslaught

for me the best top 5 toy lines where

5 rid prime and magnus

4 rotf leader class even thu they are a witch with a b to transform

3 animated thu the cartoon is the best by far, at least until they redo the g1 show like they did with gijoe resoult.

2 classics and the universe 2.0 figures where strolls back to my childhood with out the blocks that where complete g1 toys

and the best by far has to be masterpiece line it the best of the best. im going to get all of these if i can. i mean damn prime is sweet even if the one i got the pistons in his legs snapped from me just bending his knees. and U.S skywarp omfg i cant say enough about it. i have to get another so i can have one untouched and one where i remove the paint on the nose cone, so he has the g1 toy look.

Archived