Who is going to Botcon 2010

BotconProphet

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to botcon

• I know for a fact i will be there
    • I might go
    • I am unsure
    • I know for a fact i am not going

We do that here every summer in Wisconsin with everyone who's into Microman/Micronauts called MicroWis.

Anyone who can make it for the weekend meets at one house and drink/eat/party all things Micro... Toys, movies, Transformers, ANYTHING :) Even parts casting, you name it.

It's loads of fun, doesn't cost anything but transportation and you meet people you've "talked to" for years and form great friendships !!!

I'm really surprised more groups of fans don't do the same, imagine how many of us could get together in every state !!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure. I live in the Meadowlands right outside of Manhattan. It's one of the most hotel congested convention friendly centers in the world.

-I wasn't exaduradting on that either-

If we could get enough people together to make it worth while, I'd be happy to start doing the leg work on finding a place. Maybe we could tie it into the site to get intrest going, call it something like TFormers' Annual or something.

What I'd honestly like to see instead of a giant market place is like I said, different collector's showing off and sharing what they have.

Think if you could see something like the best bits of Sami's collection in the same room as Ultra Convoys, with Reverend Nash's Megatron line up while sportin a beverage :mwahaha

Save your repaints, the (usualy less then stellar) big announcement, and Q&A pannel that goes nowhere. I wanna go to what I'm thinking abour right now :justprime

We do that here every summer in Wisconsin with everyone who's into Microman/Micronauts called MicroWis.

Anyone who can make it for the weekend meets at one house and drink/eat/party all things Micro... Toys, movies, Transformers, ANYTHING :) Even parts casting, you name it.

It's loads of fun, doesn't cost anything but transportation and you meet people you've "talked to" for years and form great friendships !!!

I'm really surprised more groups of fans don't do the same, imagine how many of us could get together in every state !!!

This is awesome. I thought of doing that once in NJ, but then though the better of using my house.

If I could afford going to Botcon just once. I think I would go, once just for the experience. I'd have to travel from Spain though, as they don't do Botcon Europe anymore :emo

I hate the ammount it costs just to get into the convention and have the "great exclusives" they have. I think the only botcon set that's been any good so far is the games of deception, from 07.

Then there's also travelling and accomodation to pay for, which would be over 1000 euros on top of everything else, then there's also food.

If I win the lottery, i'll see you guys there. Otherwise I don't think I have a chance...

Hey Liege, that's just what we do at MicroWis :)

Everyone brings some of their collection, usually the rare stuff that others may have never seen or have a chance to own. I bring my Vintage Microman, there's one guy who loves Henshin Cyborg and has amazing stuff you just don't see, ect... Or other toys that you just can't find or even know about. Artwork, Cels, anything geek related.

When Animated hit stores there were figures for people to see, and last year we even had some sweet import Power Ranger items that were better quality than you'll find at our stores.

These guys are so good at casting parts/toys that we've even had special "con" stuff for everyone who comes. Not for hundreds of dollars but for free !!! Or stickers, you name it :) Cast parts that you can never find up to whole damn toys.

Then good food & drink with loads of conversation, there's always something going on. When you start hearing the stories after the weekend there was always something missed. Every year I'm like, "Where was I when THAT was going on ???" Or I left too soon before we started timing people on "drunk transforming" MP Starscream !!!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Conventions and I'll never sell my Botcon Antagony figure I picked-up at the only Botcon I've been to, back then the Con fig was only $50 ;), but there's nothing like being around a couple (or dozen) friends who love figures as much as you do. And it's a lot more comfortable than standing in a comic shop and talking about when the new NEST figures will be out. WITH BEER !!!

Sure. I live in the Meadowlands right outside of Manhattan. It's one of the most hotel congested convention friendly centers in the world.

If we could get enough people together to make it worth while, I'd be happy to start doing the leg work on finding a place. Maybe we could tie it into the site to get intrest going, call it something like TFormers' Annual or something.

What I'd honestly like to see instead of a giant market place is like I said, different collector's showing off and sharing what they have.

Think if you could see something like the best bits of Sami's collection in the same room as Ultra Convoys, with Reverend Nash's Megatron line up while sportin a beverage :mwahaha

Save your repaints, the (usualy less then stellar) big announcement, and Q&A pannel that goes nowhere. I wanna go to what I'm thinking abour right now :justprime

This is awesome. I thought of doing that once in NJ, but then though the better of using my house.

Hey Liege, that's just what we do at MicroWis :)

Everyone brings some of their collection, usually the rare stuff that others may have never seen or have a chance to own. I bring my Vintage Microman, there's one guy who loves Henshin Cyborg and has amazing stuff you just don't see, ect... Or other toys that you just can't find or even know about. Artwork, Cels, anything geek related.

When Animated hit stores there were figures for people to see, and last year we even had some sweet import Power Ranger items that were better quality than you'll find at our stores.

These guys are so good at casting parts/toys that we've even had special "con" stuff for everyone who comes. Not for hundreds of dollars but for free !!! Or stickers, you name it :) Cast parts that you can never find up to whole damn toys.

Then good food & drink with loads of conversation, there's always something going on. When you start hearing the stories after the weekend there was always something missed. Every year I'm like, "Where was I when THAT was going on ???" Or I left too soon before we started timing people on "drunk transforming" MP Starscream !!!

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Conventions and I'll never sell my Botcon Antagony figure I picked-up at the only Botcon I've been to, back then the Con fig was only $50 ;), but there's nothing like being around a couple (or dozen) friends who love figures as much as you do. And it's a lot more comfortable than standing in a comic shop and talking about when the new NEST figures will be out. WITH BEER !!!

When do you guys do this? I'm in Indiana so that wouldn't be a terrible drive for me, I'm interested in checking it out.

Hey,

It's usually a weekend in August, so it's not too hot and a little after SDCC. I'll let everyone/anyone know when it's going on this year as soon as I find out. Everyone's invited.

For anyone who wants, you can join our group in Yahoo, it's called the Micropolis Embassy, for all things Micro related. Tell em' Ardenrobo sent ya :)

Decepticons Forever !!!

Mark.

i would go.. my grandparents live pretty close..

but i just can't justify shelling out all of that money for the exclusives.. the dealer room.. gas &/or plane tickets.. food.. just doesn't make much sense.. plus.. i REALLY hate crowds.

Archived