Masterpiece Ghost Starscream Confirmed AGAIN!

MISP Steve

Remolds, Fem-formers, and comic accurate toys are hoaxes and fan-made. Repaints are real.

Yeah, Translucent = Repaint.

Yes, but the Takara G1 colored Starscream came in the clear box, so it's a bit of a toss up.

Yea, I forget sometimes there was 2 of them... one from Hasbro (domestic) and the IMPORT version - albeit it pretty much the same. Just slight variation on the exhaust paint.. and the tail wing length.

I am betting, it will be in the black box tho, and releases as an MP-03c (clear) or MP-03g (ghost) starscream. I doubt they give it a different MP-09 signature.

Looks like this might actually be real. I am probably going to have to shell out the monrey for it since I am a total sucker for the Masterpiece line. I will pay the money with this caveat:

NO MORE REPAINTS FOR AWHILE!!!!

This is it ok? I love crystal figures, but I want something new, not something simply redone.

I feel the exact same. I will get it... but i'm tired of the repaints in this line. Takara probably doesn't feel like this is 'as' much of a repaint as we do - since it was Hasbro, not takara, that just released the other 2 seekers. Grimlock was a new mold, but then we did get Black Prime as a repaint. I guess the formula is - 1 new mold followed by 2 repaints. It just feels like it's WAAAYYYY too much repaints right now with Hasbro releasing the screamers as well.

If this figure is out in June 2010 -- i bet they do not get another figure out until 2011.

I will be getting it tho... i'll wait for it to be on TFSource tho.

Btw, Aaron, did you get the MP-08x grimlock version or just the regular one?? I did get the black prime, but I just couldn't justify the 08x. What sealed the deal for me, is that it is not an official Takara/Tomy release. I just don't consider this part of the MasterPiece line, as much as just an independant custom. AS a fellow MP collector, and someone who was heavily influencial in me shelling out the money for both BT Mirage and BT Nemeis - i'd be interested in your take on X Grimlock.

I didn't get the recolor Grimlock. They decos are too similar and plus it was insanely overpriced (but like you, I did get the Black Prime recolor. I have a special place in my heart for black Primes).

I hope that this announcement is real. I absolutely love crystal figures. I think they are more interesting as a collectible, plus they typically are more rare and sought after. I did put in a pre-order for Crystal SS and honestly, the price isn't terrible considering what the other MPs have been going for recently. I do hope and believe that the Crystal SS is just a filler and that there is a "real" MP coming in 2010. I would bet Rodimus personally, but I would be just as happy w/ an MP Galvatron or other noteworthy figure. Just again, please no more recolors after this one (even if it is a pretty cool and logical one).

^Oh and to what Sgt York said above. I really really hope that the packaging fits in w/ the other MPs such as MP-01B Black Prime. It would be a waste to put it in the MP line and have a different box. Those are some of the only figures that I save the boxes and actually cherish them all most as much as the figure itself (and I am a strickly "loose" figure collector). Anyway, I hope SS's box matches the others and it would be simple enough to do.

They can confirm of deny all they want. I'm putting this with the black Prime and the silver Grimlock... I didn't buy those and I'm not getting this one.

It's a good price, but I'm completely not interested. The only way I'm going to buy another MP Seeker is if they release a MP Sunstorm.

In my humble life, even if i had 40,000 still, i would consider waiting for Hasbro to do it, or loose out on a same character repaint. I will only buy TC to go with my Hasbro SS & SW MP's, if he is Hasbro. And im waiting for Grimlock to come to the states. I just cant see paying OVER a $100 for a figure, with MP-01 being my highest paid toy, other then the Seacons or buying complete sets of series. So yea, imo, $130 is too much.

I WOULD pay $130 for a nice Japanese MP of Galvatron or Rodimus Prime though. But i always loved those characters since i watched the movie as a kid.

Ghost Starscream was in series 3 briefly, and Beast Wars, and kinda in Energon, but he is still just the Starscream i already have.

I don't understand why everyone gets so upset over repaints of the MP mold? I mean the original G1 figures were 3 of the same mold? I think that TakTom would release ALL the seekers just to maximize profit from this mold. What is there 7 - 8 figures with basically the same mold?

Starscream

Skywarp

Thundercracker

Sunstorm

Acid Storm

These 5 alone as individual releases then you have the slight variation of them with the Coneheads

Dirge

Ramjet

Thrust

I actually embrace the repaints. I was actually thinking that TakTom should make a "drone" MP seeker body and allow you to purchase the "parts" for the Seeker you want to build. That way they could mass produce the "base body" allowing for lower costs on the figure and then on demand stamping of the actual "plane parts" so they don't have a whole bunch of ones that no one wants. Just a thought..... :shrug

I think this figure is very cool. I know that Clear plastic always seems more "brittle". I'm pretty sure unless they make it a BotCon exclusive, will come out like MP Starscream and MP Skywarp....or here's hoping! :bounce

tell me something... was there a ghost skywarp and ghost TC in season 3 also??? Tell me we're just getting this (most likely) in Starscream alone.

If I get many more F-15's - i'm going to start a USAF First Fighters Wing from Langley.

Hmm... i make a joke.. and the insanity in me actually likes the idea.. Hmmmmm

I need more space.

Archived