Masterpiece Ghost Starscream Confirmed AGAIN!

MISP Steve

Don't believe the rumors of a hoax! The Masterpiece Ghost Starscream is for REAL!!! Thanks to the Joel at BigBadToyStore who is the second retailer to confirm the Masterpiece Ghost Starscream as being a real product to be released by Takara Tomy. As we reported yesterday, this product is coming in June. The image above is a placeholder, we will update the image with actual pics of the clear Ghost Starscream once images are released. Check out the actual listing now at BigBadToyStore.com. Read the Full News Story Here

Looks like this might actually be real. I am probably going to have to shell out the monrey for it since I am a total sucker for the Masterpiece line. I will pay the money with this caveat:

NO MORE REPAINTS FOR AWHILE!!!!

This is it ok? I love crystal figures, but I want something new, not something simply redone.

I guess BBTS has had history of putting up pre orders in the past of figures that were just hear say. SO its not exactly confirmed, but i believe they are making it. Possibly, they weren't even thinking aboiut it (TakTom) and hearing all the comotion made them "confirm" it. I still need confrimation from TakTom before i full believe it. But i dont doubt it.

\

Either way, im not getting "Ghost Starscream" im still waiting on Thundercracker in G1 colors from Hasbro, since i bought SKywarp today (marked down to $50 mind you ;) ), and already have a G1 Walscream. Hasbro; BRING US G1THUNDERCRACKER NEXT!!! lol

Got my preorder on at BBTS. Now the waiting game begins...

BBTS and RK are about as official as you get.

No question that this item will be out now.

I wonder though, since it is clear, will it come in the usual MP black box, or the Walmart clear one?

I mainly wonder because one will be much better for display then the other.

Looks like this might actually be real. I am probably going to have to shell out the monrey for it since I am a total sucker for the Masterpiece line. I will pay the money with this caveat:

NO MORE REPAINTS FOR AWHILE!!!!

This is it ok? I love crystal figures, but I want something new, not something simply redone.

I feel the exact same. I will get it... but i'm tired of the repaints in this line. Takara probably doesn't feel like this is 'as' much of a repaint as we do - since it was Hasbro, not takara, that just released the other 2 seekers. Grimlock was a new mold, but then we did get Black Prime as a repaint. I guess the formula is - 1 new mold followed by 2 repaints. It just feels like it's WAAAYYYY too much repaints right now with Hasbro releasing the screamers as well.

If this figure is out in June 2010 -- i bet they do not get another figure out until 2011.

I will be getting it tho... i'll wait for it to be on TFSource tho.

Btw, Aaron, did you get the MP-08x grimlock version or just the regular one?? I did get the black prime, but I just couldn't justify the 08x. What sealed the deal for me, is that it is not an official Takara/Tomy release. I just don't consider this part of the MasterPiece line, as much as just an independant custom. AS a fellow MP collector, and someone who was heavily influencial in me shelling out the money for both BT Mirage and BT Nemeis - i'd be interested in your take on X Grimlock.

BBTS and RK are about as official as you get.

No question that this item will be out now.

I wonder though, since it is clear, will it come in the usual MP black box, or the Walmart clear one?

I mainly wonder because one will be much better for display then the other.

If it's a TAkara release, it will likely be in the black box. Isn't it the US/Hasbro ones that are released in the clear?

Archived