Custom MP/Alt Brawn by Optimus Timelord

Garage Mod

The 1/32 scale Roadbot Hummer was the basis for this figure...

b_1178910496624.jpg

Obviously he needed a completely new head, which was sculpted from Milliput, layered with styrene pieces, and given a ball joint neck. I decided to make the head double-sided (giving him a G1 toy style faceplate on the alternate side). Hands replaced with the smaller Alternator ones (Prowl), and scratch-built chest made from sheet styrene.

Unpainted.jpg

Wip.jpg

Definitely some nice work there. The face could be better, It's a little too flat, but that will come with practice and experience. Here's a link to a head fabrication tutorial I made a while back. It should come in handy: Head fabrication. It's a bit hard to tell, but were the windows all originally molded in opaque plastic?

Definitely some nice work there. The face could be better, It's a little too flat, but that will come with practice and experience. Here's a link to a head fabrication tutorial I made a while back. It should come in handy: Head fabrication. It's a bit hard to tell, but were the windows all originally molded in opaque plastic?

Yeah my first ever head! To be honest this project was an excuse to test the waters of custom-building, so I kept it fairly simple. Can't get your tutorial to come up, it says 'Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met'.

There was no transparent plastic on the Roadbot, just black paint to represent windows. I decided to go for a light metallic blue for a G1-toon look for Brawn's windows (on some of my photos the blue appears very intense, which I think is down to my indoor flourescent lighting).

Might be a problem at your end. I just tested it, and it worked for me. It's a PDF. Not exactly sure what the term "download requirements" means. You might need to sign up, but I don't know for sure. I'd suggest it anyway. It's a great community.

EDT:

I just tested it again logged out, and you do need to be signed up, and logged in, in order to download the attachment.

I bought this figure as well to do the exact same thing, but I never did because I didn't like the figure. I really like how you did the G1 Toon AND G1 Toy Head. That's very cool. Nice job for your first head sculpt. :thumb You made the figure look as good as possible.

Did you fix / alter any of the Transformation? Meaning do you still take all the parts off during transforming and then put them all back on in Bot mode? Just wondering. I modified the Hummer H2 1:18 Roadbot for my Custom MP Menasor and that was my first intro to customizing. Everyone makes it look so easy here :)

I wound up using it as parts for other TF's (i.e. Spare Wheel, Hood, Wheels, etc...) I think the head is one of the best Road Bot heads they have made. I am working on an Alt Brawn H3, after I decided not to do anything with this figure.

Might be a problem at your end. I just tested it, and it worked for me. It's a PDF. Not exactly sure what the term "download requirements" means. You might need to sign up, but I don't know for sure. I'd suggest it anyway. It's a great community.

EDT:

I just tested it again logged out, and you do need to be signed up, and logged in, in order to download the attachment.

Just signed up there. Thanks, that's a handy tutorial, complete with light-piping!

I bought this figure as well to do the exact same thing, but I never did because I didn't like the figure. I really like how you did the G1 Toon AND G1 Toy Head. That's very cool. Nice job for your first head sculpt. :thumb You made the figure look as good as possible.

Did you fix / alter any of the Transformation? Meaning do you still take all the parts off during transforming and then put them all back on in Bot mode? Just wondering. I modified the Hummer H2 1:18 Roadbot for my Custom MP Menasor and that was my first intro to customizing. Everyone makes it look so easy here :)

I wound up using it as parts for other TF's (i.e. Spare Wheel, Hood, Wheels, etc...) I think the head is one of the best Road Bot heads they have made. I am working on an Alt Brawn H3, after I decided not to do anything with this figure.

Thanks DJBomberman, I'm glad you like it! The Hummer Roadbot does have partsforming issues, and if I were an experienced customizer I might try to hinge the hood so it just flips back onto the windscreen rather than removing entirely. Same with the rear/spare wheel section, it could possibly be attached to the roof like Alt Skids, but that kind of thing is beyond me at the mo!

Archived