Video Reviews - N.E.S.T. Ratchet, Brawn, Lockdown, Skystalker

Liege Evilmus

Never been a big fan of peaugh's reviews: too much describtion of the transformation process and too little description )or comparison) of the alt and robot mode. (I usually fast forward through the transformation because I want to find out that part for myself.

"Please Peaugh...if you are reading this do NOT change anything, your transformers reviews are the best period!"

It really is nice to see the details of the transformations because most reviewers miss a few tiny details that Peaugh captures in his reviews, and if does miss something, he always does an update.

Yeah, now if he only did it right.

Used his review to solve some parts of alternity Bumblebee's transformation, and guess what...he skipped those exact same steps. And I've seen several reviews where he makes small mistakes that never get corrected.

Also, as Deceptikhan pointed out, by mistransforming a figure the joints get a tendency to pop off. I also experienced with many where peaugh had parts popping off all over the figure, many never did once because I followed the instructions closely.

And comparisons??? what is there to compare? Oh there is more yellow than in car mode...I can see that! I don't need someone to tell me that one. Oh I know size comparison?!? OH HELL FRAKK NO!!!!!! There are a TON of reviewers that love to do that crap...oh gaaaawwwwddd, that shite is so frakking boring! 5 long minutes for size comparison in the alt-mode then 5 more boring minutes for the bot mode just after trasnformation.

You really go from one extreme to another.... :)

Color wise there could be some comparisons. The color really is dependent on the amount of light and the background. Put the figure next to another TF with a similar color that many people have, and you get a better idea.

As for size comparisons...tell me, how big is Skystalker? He's a scout, but a small one (like C Armorhide) or a big one. We've seen him with Mindwipe, but almost nobody owns that figure yet. I'm not looking for a massive comparisons part, but just put him next to a standard figure (like the CL seeker mold -- most of us have at least one version of that mold) in both alt and robot mode and you know how big or small he is. (Peaugh actually used to do this and it took all of 10 seconds to do.)

The anatomy of a perfect transformers video review:

Show me the car or plane or animal, if it has features or cool gimmicks show me that...then transform, then show me bot gimmicks, articulation, poses ect... tell me what you think (cos it is a review) closing statement and we are done!

Peaugh does everything that i have stated perfectly. He gets to the point, does not waste your time and he is never boring. Great job to Peaugh, do not change a thing!

In case anyone is wondering, the one thing I find to be more obnoxious in a transformers review then stating the obvious color change/not change from alt mode to figure is: size comparisons...I really HATE size comparisons.

To each his own.

How about remarks dealing with:

- details: is the figure covered in details (sensible or otherwise) or plain?

- paint apps: decent or sloppy?

- color differences: are any clear parts painted and do the colors match up?

Peaugh is great because he gives us one of the first actual look at the figure, but if I want to know more about the figure I'd rather check out runescape228, fxfranz or even Barutazaru (the latter especially doesn't clutter the review with a lengthy transformation description).

Again, many people like his reviews and I respect that, but personally I don't overly care for them and find them lacking. But there are plenty of reviewers on Youtube so with a little search everyone can find a review that he likes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived