Legends Class Wheelie

Timothy.R

* not sure if this i is "new topic" worthy but.. *

i was wondering if anyone else here has picked up legends class wheelie?

i found a couple of him at a local supermarket of all places.

i got around to opening him up tonight.. and wow.

i bought a few of the legends class figures from the first movie when they came out.. but man.. this is definitely the best of them.

not only does he look really great in both modes (even though his face is visible if you look at the back of his alt mode) but he fits in great (scale-wise) with the rest of the line. no wonder they decided to release this version well after the deluxe version.

i can't decide which mode i like better. his robot mode is very accurate, for what class he is, and his alt mode is so tiny.. it seriously seems really tiny, which is perfect.. cause he's supposed to be tiny compared to the rest of the line.

anyways. those are my thoughts, anyone else have any? i definitely highly recommend this figure. for $4 you can get a decently accurate, funny little R/C truck that fits in incredibly well with the rest of you rotf collection.

I probably won't be seeing this guy in my local stores for a long time. They tend to wait until they get rid of the older legends first, and these things don't sell well. TRU even has some from the first movie line...

Our shelves are stuffed with legends jetfires, Primes, megatrons and Bumblebees. I was suprised to actualy find a legends fallen teh other day

i know what you guys mean. the only nationwide store that i've regularly seen legends class figures in is toys r us. but for some reason (lately) my local super market chain (giant) has been getting legends and animated activators before the larger retail stores.

anyways. like i said before.. i seriously recommend people who like the rotf line get this figure.

i really cannot get over how perfect he is. i can't stop transforming him. his alt mode is (don't question my manhood for saying this) sooo cute.

Yeah, Legends seem to move slow, but warm the longest. Scouts too???

You'd think the cheapest bots would move the quickest.

I'm not really a legends fan. At first I thought they where fun when Cybertron started them. As time went on though I saw them as clutter since I get the full sized figures anyway.

Classics 2.0 almost renewed my intrest as they had figures not featured in the deluxe class and up. Price gauging and articulation issues snuffed that though. I only picked up Beachcomber.

Just saying, even in that scale, articulation issues like backwards limbs are a turn off. Sure G1 had all types of issues, but 25 years into this, it's OK to expect better.

Then there was also the fact that alot of bots never made it to the pegs. (cosmos).

This brings us to the TF2 Legends. Most are TF1 repaints. Most are passable. I'd like to get a few, but the price for what they actualy are is a turn off.

Wheelie however, I may actualy want this guy. The deluxe is alot of fun. But it looks like they really went the extra mile with the Legend. So when I see it, I just might...

I like legends, but I have to draw the line somewhere on what I buy, and for me that line has now become "no weapon? no scale accuracy? no thanks" as I became too obsessed with collecting every figure I saw. I'll still pick up Universe Legends when they are of quality similar to Jazz, Beachcomber and G2 Megatron, but not something along the lines of Starscream.

* not sure if this i is "new topic" worthy but.. *

i was wondering if anyone else here has picked up legends class wheelie?

i found a couple of him at a local supermarket of all places.

i got around to opening him up tonight.. and wow.

i bought a few of the legends class figures from the first movie when they came out.. but man.. this is definitely the best of them.

not only does he look really great in both modes (even though his face is visible if you look at the back of his alt mode) but he fits in great (scale-wise) with the rest of the line. no wonder they decided to release this version well after the deluxe version.

i can't decide which mode i like better. his robot mode is very accurate, for what class he is, and his alt mode is so tiny.. it seriously seems really tiny, which is perfect.. cause he's supposed to be tiny compared to the rest of the line.

anyways. those are my thoughts, anyone else have any? i definitely highly recommend this figure. for $4 you can get a decently accurate, funny little R/C truck that fits in incredibly well with the rest of you rotf collection.

...granted, I haven't even seen the legends figure anywhere, but--given the fun factor of his deluxe counterpart--I will be taking a flyer on him. Does he offer as much as or more than the deluxe toy?

Yeah, Legends seem to move slow, but warm the longest. Scouts too???

You'd think the cheapest bots would move the quickest.

I'm not really a legends fan. At first I thought they where fun when Cybertron started them. As time went on though I saw them as clutter since I get the full sized figures anyway.

Classics 2.0 almost renewed my intrest as they had figures not featured in the deluxe class and up. Price gauging and articulation issues snuffed that though. I only picked up Beachcomber.

Just saying, even in that scale, articulation issues like backwards limbs are a turn off. Sure G1 had all types of issues, but 25 years into this, it's OK to expect better.

Then there was also the fact that alot of bots never made it to the pegs. (cosmos).

This brings us to the TF2 Legends. Most are TF1 repaints. Most are passable. I'd like to get a few, but the price for what they actualy are is a turn off.

Wheelie however, I may actualy want this guy. The deluxe is alot of fun. But it looks like they really went the extra mile with the Legend. So when I see it, I just might...

The reason why the scouts havent been going is because walmart prices the deluxe's to where they are only like a dollar more. I mean the scouts are good and all, but people are going to go after the better deal. I just wish walmart would at least put some more variety on the legends pegs, all 4 are literally stuffed with sideswipe. Maybe if they put some variety out people would buy! Its especially infuriating considering they have the fury of fearswoop pack right below the legends racks, so really your only options are sideswipe or sideswipe and another figure in an expensive 3 pack.

Archived