Junker Fort Max, How much should I offer?

Reluttr

This guy has a stripped down bare body fortress maximus, I mean it has little to nothing left on it other than the non removable bits. The shipping estimate is a bit steep to at "30$-40$".

You may think I'm a tad bit crazy, but I'm not looking to actually rebuild him using original parts seeing as it would cost a small fortune. I'm actually wanting to take the figure and give him more articulation and revamp him. Needless to say it will take a very long time to finish, but I think it will be worth it. The hardest part will be finding a new head XD.

So what do you think, what should I offer for it?

I've seen them auction for $75 - $175.

If the figure is at least clean and the elevator works, I'd make an initial offer of $80, and remind the guy the figure is stripped, and unless it's international, that shipping is way to high.

Not for nothing, I was lucky enough to get Brave Max for $150 when it first came out. I've been "upgrading" that myself. I got high quality KO guns for $14 (hey at that price they work). Every now and then a garage kit guy shows up on Ebay who offers dam near everything in one set for $60

I'm looking at a set of Plus 1 Master Sword "upgrades" One for Brave, One for Omega Prime and one for fun.

Cog and Gasket, grommit or whatever the partner robots name was and the Pretender shell are gonna be the hardest, or at least most expensive pieces to finish Ol Maximus off with.

Honestly though, thinking of all the parts that you'll need, I hate to burst you bubble, and keep in mind I hobby figures together over time myself. But going piece by piece, you may just wanna save up and get a more complete one. Theres nothing cheap about this figure!

I do however like the idea of an articulation mod. I think all the time of how cool the arms would be with some articulation.

Sorry iof I was a bit all over the place, but hopefuly it'll give you a good haggle stance and you can get this fellas parts bot for cheap :thumb

The reason i dont ,mod my toys, is b/c they will devalue them in the end. Maybe now while your on a site, and shit, while your friends think its cool to do so (im not bashing mods just stating what "I" do) but in the future when someone is looking for one, and since he is THE most valueble TF to date, they most likely would pass on full price. And the base alone is worth $200-300, assuming it has no to little yellowing, and is in good shape. The figure complete is worth $1000 or MORE!!! $1500-2500 MIB, and close to SEVEN GRAND MISB. IF yo get it for $80 your in luck if its in good shape! HOwever, if you offer $80 you may not see a response from the guy back. It all depends. :shrug You can do what you will, just remember this figure is the most high priced figure there is in America. Grandus and others from Japan

Actually he's not the most valuable TF. He may be the biggest but he's certainly not the most expensive out there.

Oh and to be honest for a huge hulking G1 figure, his articulation is not too bad Liege. I too have a Brave Maximus and his arms have shoulder, elbow and wrist articulation, which is high for a G1.

I've seen complete Fort Max's sell for $700. $200+ for just a body is what people ask, that doesn't mean it's what they sell for.

Low ball the guy, whats the worse that'll happen, he'll say no? then bump your price up $10. When he gets all mad and sayes "well I see them on ebay for $200"

just remember, "yeah, they list at that, but are they selling?" Then put your foot down "this is just a body, it's gonna cost a fortune tracking down all the parts, $90 or you can keep it and try to get $200 off ebay and deal with their fees!"

It works more often then you think =)

Now sure this may be just one of the most expensive Transformers ever, but it still is just a body. It's like buying a guted Corvette. It may look good, but big whoop!

I am gonna agree about moding figures. I don't do it. I will say though, if you have a junker, well then why not?

Actually he's not the most valuable TF. He may be the biggest but he's certainly not the most expensive out there.

Oh and to be honest for a huge hulking G1 figure, his articulation is not too bad Liege. I too have a Brave Maximus and his arms have shoulder, elbow and wrist articulation, which is high for a G1.

I agree, but how cool would it be if those arms could spread out!?!

His waste articulation is pretty good too. It's a shame he has those crab walk knees though. Then again, he is a bit to Big to pose in a running kinda way.

Ah true, but at least you can get a kickass Sumo wrestler pose outta him with his! legs :tflaugh

Being serious though, It would be amazing if they could make him with outward spreading arms and better leg articulation, but without going back to the drawing board and remaking him. I can't see it happening. Also it'd be nice if he was a little lighter. He weighs over 5 kilos

This guy has a stripped down bare body fortress maximus, I mean it has little to nothing left on it other than the non removable bits. The shipping estimate is a bit steep to at "30$-40$".

You may think I'm a tad bit crazy, but I'm not looking to actually rebuild him using original parts seeing as it would cost a small fortune. I'm actually wanting to take the figure and give him more articulation and revamp him. Needless to say it will take a very long time to finish, but I think it will be worth it. The hardest part will be finding a new head XD.

So what do you think, what should I offer for it?

Hey,

Im the guy with the Fort Max and Just to clarify, Shipping is and was a Conservative estimate when shipping from Canada to the US.

Thanks

Hey welcome to the boards.

Don't take it like that man. No ones making anyone out to be a cheat or anything. Just alot of us dabble in these types of trades all the time and try to use shipping as a way to get one over on you.

Once I had a guy in NY, tell me it was $50 to ship a loose Shockwave to NJ. Thats $8 tops. I passed on the trade, but hopefully, you see what I mean.

FYI with heavy items, ship it media mail. it's alot cheaper.

Hey,

Unfortunately Media Mail is not an option from Canada. It has to go either expedited or priority because of its size and ability to track the parcel.

For those of us living in Canada, Its a bit of a hassle even buying anything from the states. Canada has a $20 Duty Free Limit on merchandise (The states has $200 I think). Then we get hit with 13% tax and import duties on top of that ( depending on how it was sent)

All said and done, I paid an extra $88 to get my original fort max into Canada a few weeks back.

I would never charge more than the actual shipping cost to ship. Item would be boxed up and brought to office for exact number, as I would expect nothing less from someone I was purchasing an item from.

Thanks for the welcome to the boards, Been browsing for a long time, but thought I should chime in here so I registered.

Thanks

Hey welcome to the boards.

Don't take it like that man. No ones making anyone out to be a cheat or anything. Just alot of us dabble in these types of trades all the time and try to use shipping as a way to get one over on you.

Once I had a guy in NY, tell me it was $50 to ship a loose Shockwave to NJ. Thats $8 tops. I passed on the trade, but hopefully, you see what I mean.

FYI with heavy items, ship it media mail. it's alot cheaper.

Understood about the shipping and international mark up. It's part of the reason why alot of us trade here. I send boxes to Europe all the time.

Basicly, it's our way of skirting alot of those issues. You still get hit on shipping, but the mark up and tax is pretty much waved. Alot of times it's just the better route to go.

Archived