Energon Optimus Prime box identification

sickboy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa, bouncy :tflaugh :tfgrin :tfhuh :tflaugh1 :tftounge

I'd like to pick up an Energon Optimus Prime, but I'm a bit nervous, because I can't tell if the type I see at my local stores are the ones with the old mouth, or the newer ones with the mouth removed.

Does anyone know if there is way to tell from the box if it's the older Energon prime, or the newer face plate only prime?

Thanks!

what in the blue hell does it matter this disscussion is absurd who cares if he has a mouth or not it's their progative to try somthing different it's a shame to think that you want to buy a toy based on if it has a mouth or not do you not know this IS a transformer. don't buy it cause it sucks not because he has a mouth that's like bitchin about a grey/black ion blaster for MP prime so what? get a life, buy the damn toy cause you want to play with or display it quit worring about a stupid little mouth.

i can't be the only one thinking this and i don't even own the damn toy

I'd like to pick up an Energon Optimus Prime, but I'm a bit nervous, because I can't tell if the type I see at my local stores are the ones with the old mouth, or the newer ones with the mouth removed.

Does anyone know if there is way to tell from the box if it's the older Energon prime, or the newer face plate only prime?

Thanks!

what in the blue hell does it matter this disscussion is absurd who cares if he has a mouth or not it's their progative to try somthing different it's a shame to think that you want to buy a toy based on if it has a mouth or not do you not know this IS a transformer. don't buy it cause it sucks not because he has a mouth that's like bitchin about a grey/black ion blaster for MP prime so what? get a life, buy the damn toy cause you want to play with or display it quit worring about a stupid little mouth.

Don't get so upset. I simply asked a question. You don't have to read it, or the discussion it prompted if you don't want to.

All I asked was if anyone knew if there was anything on the box that indicated which version was inside. I didn't say anything negative about the mouth version at all.

relax dude!

Thanks!

Don't get so upset. I simply asked a question. You don't have to read it, or the discussion it prompted if you don't want to.

All I asked was if anyone knew if there was anything on the box that indicated which version was inside. I didn't say anything negative about the mouth version at all.

relax dude!

lol cool i was just blowing steam lol :tflaugh :D :thumb

Maybe you are in different scotty26, but it is critical to me to have one without the pie-hole. Not to turn this into another cry & moan session about the fat one, but the mouth is just weird to me. It violates all the laws of Convoy in the known Universe. I will have mine served in the classic mode thank you.

On the new FAQ for today on transformers.com it tells you how to identify the new prime. It is a number embossed on the back.

The OPTIMUS PRIME with updated face-plate will be recognizable by a code embossed onto the package.  Please look for an embossed 40331 on the back of the package if you want to make sure you are purchasing the updated version of OPTIMUS PRIME.

On the new FAQ for today on transformers.com it tells you how to identify the new prime. It is a number embossed on the back.

The OPTIMUS PRIME with updated face-plate will be recognizable by a code embossed onto the package.  Please look for an embossed 40331 on the back of the package if you want to make sure you are purchasing the updated version of OPTIMUS PRIME.

That's great! Thanks!!!! :tfgrin

Archived