Lost and found?

Taaron

Last night, I was doing some scrounging around trying to see if I can find more things I'd like to take along with me on my move...and besides coming to the conclusion my folks may of been compulsive hoarders, I did manage to find a few neat items, that I figured lost to time. :lol

Besides a few old books (including a TFG1 comic book!) I managed to come across:

Vintage G1 Powerglide(tail wing is broken on one side, though. :tfsad )

Vintage G1 Hun-Grr

McD BW Panther(Is it me, or does he look like he wants to die in beast mode, and reaally old in robot mode?)

McD BM Cheetor (For the longest, it was my only BM representation of Ti Cheetor. (okay okay...I have Supreme Cheetor, but I'm trying to forget.) I can't get over how tiny his head is. Steroids, maybe?

BM Strika

and a KO Sky Garry.

I imagine I'll come across plenty more while cleaning up/digging around so I'll probably edit my list later...in the meantime, what have ya'll found around the house that ya'll thought wouldn't be found ever again?

I've never really run into this. I was always good at keeping track of my stuff. When you come from a large family, it's a skill you pick up quick if you wanna keep your stuff :P

When I was younger, I had a Wheeled Warriors Trail Blazer. I recall loosing it (hadn't mastered the skill yet) then finding it some time later in a junk room. It was incomplete but I kept it for years. Then one day I opened it up to see how it worked. I never got it to go back together and tossed it.

-Ironicly, Trail Blazer is the only Wheeled Warrior figure I'm missing.

Then when I was around 14, I decided I didn't want toys any more (girls will do that to ya), so I gave all the ones I had to my friends brothers. When I started on my current collection, I went looking for someof my old stuff in his basement. I found Apefaces body, Jetfire damaged, but functional, and some other loose end stuff most of which I threw away.

Today, it's not so much that I loose things. It's more like I loose track in the numbers and I rediscover items when I come across them again after a while.

Looking recently for my G1 Whirl, I came across the black Diaclone Perceptor I had forgotten about. Not a bad consolation prize, and it saved me $35 on the re-issue.

Then when I was around 14, I decided I didn't want toys any more (girls will do that to ya), so I gave all the ones I had to my friends brothers.

True.. so true. I have to confess... i wonder about the love lifes of some of the people on here. LOL :tfevil

the key is.. when you get to that age or time in your life - don't get rid of them - BOX THEM UP. When you get older, you'll turn into a big kid again, and find you have a woman that's willing to put up with it - because she got to see the MAN in you first, not the boy. Besides, boys buy $10 toys, men buy $100 collectibles. :rofl

NO, MEN buy $10 toys cause they gotta buy a crib too...

Liege just got a phone call, and can't feel his legs at the moment :wat

A baby on the way? :)

I once lost a collection of 88 Transformers due to my friend having them for the weekend, and dying that night. The authoritys wouldnt let me have them back, there was no proof they said. That was in 1996. Ten years later, 2006,I ran into his mom & made a deal to buy them back @ $100 dollars. I went & saw them again (OH what a sight!) i had them in my hands again, then my deceased friends dad walked in only for me to find out, EVEN KNOW THEY WERE REALLY MINE, that i couldn't buy them (back) & then they (his parents) changed their mind. :9000

That sucked & wasn't as cool as your story Taaron. :shrug

*edit* 88 G1 mostly complete loose Transformers. Including Shockwave, Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Omega Supreme, Tripticon, Scorponok, Dinobots (minus swoop), Insecticons, Starscream & Thundercracker, Jazz, & lots more! :(

That sucked & wasn't as cool as your story Taaron. :shrug

Uh, beg to differ? I think you win this thread dude, that was really out there. :wat

• 2 weeks later...

I just found All Hail Megatron #2 and 3 + a old Headmasters comic

plus a stash of my TF files which I sorted into 3 groups

= sketches I drew

= Picts of Diaclone box art and TF character art I pieced together

- TF ad clippings

Last time I dug deep in my locker, I found a set of KO UK predator jets that merged into a weird robot along with their normal transformations. Forgot I had that.

Archived