ROTF BlazeMaster

Yuyuyami

BlazeMaster is an interesting transformer. I was lucky to find him the other day, I found him at Target on an end cap hidden by a stack of Buzz Lightyears that hadn't been put on the shelf yet, behind a bunch of Wheelies, Chromias and Skids. He's unique and, despite his shitty arms, hard not to like.

Alt Mode:

His helicopter mode is impressive in how small and skinny it is. It feels solid and hefty for its size, though the cockpit pieces like to shift around a little bit. He's painted in a nice gold and blue color scheme, though unfortunately the rotor is an absurd white. His rotor spinning gimmick is weak and likes to not work a quarter of the time and the rotor itself will pop off if you spin it too long, so it's not very impressive. Beyond looking nice and having a semi-functional gimmick, there's not too much else he can do in this mode, but it doesn't have to do much.

I give his alt mode a 8/10.

Transformation:

BlazeMaster is a puzzleformer, he has a lot of pieces that can be moved in many different ways. This is fortunate because the transformation in the instructions makes for a floppy robot. The biggest offender is his tail piece, which is supposed to clip onto his back, but instead flops down. I recommend flipping it up on his shoulders. Anyway, the transformation can take a little getting used to, but once you have it down it won't be too much trouble. The pieces are good about having a pretty obvious place to go where they can transform without crashing into other pieces.

I give his transformation a 8/10.

Robot Mode:

His official robot mode is kind of lame. His backpack flops down to the ground and his chest will shift around a lot and he's just not that stable. However, if you DON'T flip his nose down and if you clip his shoulders around the colored bit of the plastic, as opposed to white bit with the peg, and put his tail on his shoulders, be is FREAKING AWESOME. He's super stable, his tail gives him an extra inch of height and he looks a lot more cohesive and intimidating.

His legs have a lot of poseability, but the feet are a little small, so it takes some time to get a working pose. His arms kind of suck on their own. If you imagine they're guns they're pretty cool, but they're badass if you put his helicopter blades in his "hands."

I give his official robot mode a 5/10 for being a floppy mess.

I give MY version of his robot mode a 8/10 for being intimidating and awesome looking.

Could you take pictures of your version of the bot mode? I've been thinking about getting this figure, and an actually good bot mode would be the thing to make this a definite buy for me.

:pics

Next time, or now, please show us this "fan mode" of Blazemaster if you want us to understand. I saw him a few weeks ago @ a Kmart and he looked awful in those colors. IF i ever get him, i will wait for the best paint deco.

And yeah, ivew heard theres missing parts on the instructions, or there wrong or something. Maybe you have him the "right" way. But i dunno :shrug

Once again, :pics

• 2 weeks later...

Archived