$69.99 ROTF Devastator anyone?

squawkbot

If they had made them transform i think this would have sold so fast.

+1 QFT. Not just that, but the individual vehicle modes DON'T look that impressive. I mean, if you're going to sacrifice the ability to transform, then give us a kick arse looking toys, right? Like Revoltech, they can't transform, but the robot modes are pretty neat. If they're gonna give us vehicles that can't transform, that's fine; but give us kick arse vehicles! The RPMs are pretty nice looking vehicles (just WAY too overpriced!!). If they made them look like highly detailed scale replica models of construction vehicles, then that would be cool. But they don't... they look like bloody Fisher Price toys with a bit of airbrushing. (-_-)

Its just theres so little to DO with it exsept have it looming over other TFs and even then you can't pose it. Maybe just maybe if he gos to £45 like the Ultimate bumblebee I got from argos the other day I might get him and paint him to bring out the detail. But get the point hasbro please...

Actually, the toy is a bit poseable; but how poseable do you expect a gestalt to be? :P Also, the mouth gimmick, or what I've now come to call the "NOM NOM NOM!" gimmick is pretty fun. Devastator can eat almost ANYTHING! :D

Check this out...

Eating Beachcombers and Buggy Mans

Eating Optimus Primal

Eating G.I. Joes

Eating a tub of yoghourt

Eating sausages

Eating a carrot

Eating Might Gaine

Eating an entire rubber chicken!

Eating a sword

...etc.

Btw, those photos were all taken by Jhiaxus of the Obscure Transformers Website. :)

So yeah... after seeing those pics, I would be tempted to get Devastator if he did get down to $70; which isn't likely considering that the sale price for this toy in Australia is $120. (-_-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All those pics do is show off 1 cool feature. The sad part is is that it's the only cool feature.

For the money they're asking for this thing, the Mega Poer Bot shouldn't be outclassing it in the way of gimmicks.

For the starting price, this figure should be loaded with awesome like Primus or even the dopey looking Ultimate Bumblebee

That one gimmick, cool as it is, isn't enough to sway me on this craptacular collection of Tonka trucks with with connection ports.

Oh yeah, there's no way I'd pay full price for such an underwhelming one-trick pony. But I would consider it if it were on sale at a cheap enough price like $69.99 (considering that the RRP is $170 here).

Its worth about 59 to 69 + change imo. I dunno i saw him @ WalMart and DAAAAAAMNNN hes (IMO) cool, but none the less i couldnt justify spending $100 dollars for him. I figured he may make it down to around $50 or so & then i would bite. I mean, he IS cool, and looks mad play-able with legends toys (I THINK THAT HASBRO SHOULD MARKET THE LEGENDS WITH HIM TO SELL LEGENDS BETTER ;) )

No, and for the one real reason nobody mentions here, his one GREAT inaccuracy, he is missing his giant robot testicles! Come ON! He had them in the movie, all dancing and dangling around, how can Hasbro make a toy so inaccurate?

OK, it was only a joke people.

Seriously though...no. This isn't Devastator, it's a giant robot monkey that eats things. Not worth it as five bucks at a swap meet.

Not so fast my ROTF Devastator bashing friends. Like I've mentioned before, I saw a repaint of ROTF Mixmaster vs Hoist in their G1 colors. Now I don't sit at a desk at Hasbro but I'm guessing that they'll do a repaint of Devastator like they did with Armada Unicron and Omega Supreme.

I also remember Target selling Unicron at it's lowest point for $14. That was quickly bought so don't be surprised if Devastator gets discounted that much.

No, and for the one real reason nobody mentions here, his one GREAT inaccuracy, he is missing his giant robot testicles! Come ON! He had them in the movie, all dancing and dangling around, how can Hasbro make a toy so inaccurate?

OK, it was only a joke people.

Seriously though...no. This isn't Devastator, it's a giant robot monkey that eats things. Not worth it as five bucks at a swap meet.

Yeah, and even if one likes Devastator, he was still pretty disappointing in the movie. He had, what, about seven minutes of screen time? There should have been G1 style Constructicons who revived Megatron and then wreaked havoc across the globe as they began assembling the giant Energon machine. That's what it should have been. No stupid The Fallen character.

Archived