BBTS WTF?

MikePrime

Just got 2 sets of the Ice Cream twins at Walmart for $10 each.

Sorry BBTS, but 2 for less then half of your start price is a no brainer!!!

Hey regardless of mass produced items, sometimes buying online is easier than driving all around (Multiple times even) trying to locate a store exclusive or popular toy. My WRX drinks 91 unleaded! :argh

Then keep that thing nice and get a beater to drive around. My accord may not be flashy, but I'll take it at 370 miles per full tank ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like bbts because you don't have to pay when you preorder. after i preorder something.. i see when it's expected to be instock.. then save money each week accordingly.

their customer service is fantastic. and they ship faster than any other sites i've used. like i said.. i only buy stuff from there that won't be in stores.

i think i ordered one thing from robot kingdom, it was the original masterpiece starscream.. the shipping was like $30, maybe a little more. and it literally took forever to get to me (maybe not literally, but a long time).. probably about 3-4 weeks.. i emailed them a bunch and asked them what was going on and no one ever got back to me. finally the day that i got it i got an email from them saying that it was on it's way.

their customer service is pretty good too though. my starscream was missing a thumb, so they send me a new hand in the mail.

i don't know.. i like bbts. and if i think they're charging too much for something i'll try to find it cheaper elsewhere..

i heard this somewhere, i forget where, maybe Liege can tell me if this is true or not.. i heard that when you preorder something from robot kingdom you aren't guaranteed that product and could pay the preorder and possibly never get the figure and not get a refund.

I've never had that problem. I've never gone without a prompt response to an email from them, and last year I ordered MP Magnus, 2 Henkie Blitzwings, Battle Rollar, and a couple other guys and the shipping was only $20

The only issue I've ever had with Robotkingdom was waiting for an order that had a preorder as part of it. They don't break up shipments.

I've never heard of or experienced them not filling a preorder let alone denying a refund though. I don't think they'd still be around if that was the case, especialy since they use Paypal.

Again, it works better for me to just pay for a preorder up front. Last thing I need is an item showing up right after I payed my $4500 in monthly bills. Better to get it over with and not risk my beer money on an estimated date.

hey speaking of BBTS, i logged into my account and my TFX-03 is processing today! hopefully it ships soon! everybody else who didn't cancel your order and waited should log in and check!

the one thing i do like about BBTS is that unlike Robotkingdom, you can log in and see your orders on a page there. i made a huge order from Robotkingdom earlier this year and had to actually email support to get an invoice sent to me. its always annoying to wait for an undefined amount of time due to delays in release of pre-orders, but i find its not so bad with BBTS because you can see when your haul is expected to ship.

i was just comparing bbts prices to robot kingdom prices and..

human alliance bumblebee & sideswipe/ bumblebee & skids

BBTS-$67.99 RK-$72.90

devastator

BBTS-$109.99 RK-$149.90

set of leader class prime & jetfire

BBTS-$99.99 RK-$117.50

leader class jetfire

BBTS-$71.99 RK-$72.90

voyager wave 01 case of 4

BBTS-$99.99 RK-$109.90

deluxe preview bumblebee

BBTS-$13.49 RK-$15.90

deluxe jolt

BBTS-$13.99 RK-$16.90

deluxe series 3 case of 8

BBTS-$99.99 RK-$119.90

standard rotf scout price

BBTS-$8.99/$9.99 RK-$10.90

city commander set

BBTS-$88.99 w/TFX03 add on set RK-$99.90

i think the ice cream twins price is just an anomaly.

getting american figures from bbts will pretty much be always cheaper than robotkingdom

getting takara figures will pretty much always be cheaper @ robotkingdom.

which.. makes sense to me.

i just did a fake order for henkei starscream from both robotkingdom & bbts..

bbts came out to $30.39, rk came out to $30.25.. 14 cents, to me, isn't that big of a difference, plus the bbts order would get to me faster. and if i used the bbts sale price it would've been cheaper.

i will agree that sometimes the bbts prices are too much, but they're not as bad as people make them out to be.

OH RK sucks for domestic items, but why the hell would you order that stuff online?

Keep in mind, pretty much everything you listed for THEM is an import, so of course that would cost more.

Reverse the situation though when it comes to Asian market items that need to be imported US domestic, and unless it's a situation where a price is being dictated, they tend to wipe the floor with BBTS.

Take the just announced Dark Jetfire, BBTS $95, RK $65.

Now you can nickle and dime each item, but when it comes to import items, and sadly alot of domestic lately (Walmart Skywarp) BBTS can cram it with walnuts.

You give your money to whoever you want, I don't care. If I'm ordering something domestic, I'm either going to HTS or a regular retail stores site. If I'm importing, Robotkingdom tends to do well by my dollar.

Just for giggles though, lets look at something random like the Mighty Muggs

Robotkingdom

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php

BBTS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=transformers+mighty+muggs

Even with a sale BBTS can't keep up, all the sold out tags are testamony enough on that one :P

I know and have my import store of choice. I have my domestic stores of choice. Outside of maybe clearance, I have no need or care for the excessive profiteering of BBTS, and that clearance is a strong maybe.

hey, i know i may sound like i'm defending bbts outright.. but i'm not.

i'm just saying their prices aren't outrageous for everything.

sure exclusives and what not are going to cost more.. and too much more in my opinion.

i agree that RK is 8 times out of 10 the better place to go depending on what you're looking for.

all in all, like i said, i'm just trying to point out that bbts isn't outrageous for everything.. but when they are outrageous.. they're WAY outrageous lol.

Archived