Should Hasbro give us a small GO BOT line?

deceptikhan

SHOULD HASBRO GIVE US OUR GO BOTS BACK?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Hasbro redo the GO BOTs characters we all love revamp style!

• Yes i would like to see GO BOTs in basic & Super sizes again redone in todays standards
    • No i wouldnt care for that at all.

I wanted to make it simple, unlike alot of other polls around here that doesnt really tell you much. This way its either, you would like to see Go Bots make a small return (line wise), or you would not like to see Go Bots return.

Simple. :D

Personally i think it would be awesome if Hasbro made new SUPER (like dlx size) molds for Cy-Kill, Cop-Tur, Leader-1, Vamp, and basic size class new molds (obviously modern) for Scooter, Space-C, Scratch (IMO the best one), Creepy, ect.

Now you decide! Hasbro i hope your listening! ^_^

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say yes and no.

I'm enjoying seeing the redecos Hasbro can pull off. However, I'm not sure if I'd want to see Hasbro do new molds just for GoBots characters since there'd have to be some sort of similarity for the homage to work. With Bandai still owning the original Machine Robo designs, I'm not sure if Hasbro could pull it off without a legal mess.

In short, keep the redecos coming. :thumb

Continuity-wise, you know that Gobotron and the entire Gobots' universe was destroyed by Megatron. He unknowingly destroyed, but destroyed it he did! Several Gobots were able to flee and escaped to the Transformers' universe as refugees, reformatting themselves as Cybertronians. Some sought to continue living on as Transformers, but others (like Bug Bite) sought vengeance. But he learnt that a mere Go-Bot Renegade is no match against the peerless power of Megatron! Wahahaha!

I personally don't care for Go-Bots. I think having TFs repainted as Go-Bots is good enough.

Keep Transformers as T R A N S F O R M E R S !

go-bots are good for their quirky alt modes and satisfyingly simple transformations. Neither of those two things can be found in the majority of modern TF's, so I hesitantly say it'd be interesting to see them come back, but only if hasbro makes sure they keep the charm they had back in the day

I'm enjoying seeing the redecos Hasbro can pull off. However, I'm not sure if I'd want to see Hasbro do new molds just for GoBots characters since there'd have to be some sort of similarity for the homage to work. With Bandai still owning the original Machine Robo designs, I'm not sure if Hasbro could pull it off without a legal mess.

This. The occasional redeco homages are nostalgic and fun. A new Go-Bots line would both be a legal clusterscrew and take away from actual Transformers, so I'll take a pass on it

I wouldn't mind it. I get a kick out of the ocassional homage. I believe they tried something a few years back. Just some repaints though.

Then again, there are alot of other things I'd like to see them get to first. So maybe not a whole subline, but seeing them worked in here and there is fine.

For the homage caracters, reguardless of what line it shows up in, they should keep a small substory in the bios. Maybe give them a hidden second secret faction symbol.

I don't mind picking up a Go-Bot every now and then. Many were better then the minibots, and they make nice shelf filler.

This. The occasional redeco homages are nostalgic and fun. A new Go-Bots line would both be a legal clusterscrew and take away from actual Transformers, so I'll take a pass on it

Doesn't Hasbro own the Gobot line? If i remember correctly, they purchased the rights from Tonka years ago, so how could there be any legal issues? They may not own the original molds, but they do own the character names and updated toys with new looks could be possible.

As far as updated Gobots, I made a thread about "Classics Gobots" when Transformers Classics were first released years ago. I would love to see Hasbro show some Gobot Love. Having them as updated deluxe or scout figures would be perfect. Every time I see a motorcycle Transformer, I always wish it has some sort of resemblance to Cykill. Say what you want about Gobots, but those toys were cool.

I'm not sure about a whole line, but occasional homages like Fracture/Crasher would be welcomed. It'd be nice if they'd stop killing off Cy-Kill in the comics, too. GoBots weren't as cool as Transformers, but they weren't bad either. Especially the toys. Let's see . . . a white Breakaway for Leader-1, Oil Slick for Cy-Kill, Armada Cyclonus for Cop-tur, Crasher's been done already . . .

Doesn't Hasbro own the Gobot line? If i remember correctly, they purchased the rights from Tonka years ago, so how could there be any legal issues? They may not own the original molds, but they do own the character names and updated toys with new looks could be possible.

As far as updated Gobots, I made a thread about "Classics Gobots" when Transformers Classics were first released years ago. I would love to see Hasbro show some Gobot Love. Having them as updated deluxe or scout figures would be perfect. Every time I see a motorcycle Transformer, I always wish it has some sort of resemblance to Cykill. Say what you want about Gobots, but those toys were cool.

@ Bisons fan, YES Hasbro does own the go bots and thier character names. Probably even the molds too, although this topic is about NEW molds :D And to KFGatri, not a "whole" Go bots line, but a small go bots line, under the title "Transformers GO BOTS" as Autbots and Decepticons would probably work the best. But Renegades and Guardians could work too i suppose. They could be in the same universe as the Transformers now, and maybe this could be cool with no humans. Like in space or something.

Although imo, the world "Gobotron" has to go. Maybe Guardian city, and the Renegade's lair. :tfevil

While Hasbro does own Go-Bots thru their purchase of Tonka, the figures themselves were the property of Bandai, used under license. Making them too similar could result in Bandai persuing a claim, much the same way as Harmony Gold created the original Jetfire/Skyfire trainwreck. I honestly don't know what would and wouldn't be doable and I make no claims to such, but I do suspect it's probably enough grey area that Hasbro would rather stick to the little subtle homages without getting TOO close to the original source material.

Archived