Megatron

Liege Evilmus

dcj91x i 100% agree with you.

i love starscream. he's definitely been my favorite character since i saw the show/movie when i was a kid.

i loved his voice in G1, chris latta did such a great job. my second favorite starscream voice would be from the movies. ('07 & '09)

and, in my opinion, out of both movies i think he had one of, if not the best transformaton sequences. when he comes flying in, the jet kind of tilts up, he tranforms and starts fighting ratchet and ironhide.. then he flips while transforming and flies away. i absolutely love that scene, it's definitely one of my favorites.

well i can't say anything more than dcj91x said.

it would really have been nice to see starscream in beast wars however. i know his G1 self was in it, but i wish he was a main character of the show. it would've been nice to see him as say.. a pterodactyl instead terrorsaur.. or maybe some kind of large prehistoric bird. i definitely think beast wars could've used starscream.

Yea, he may of not been in the series other than the few episodes where he posses wasp but man, he was a bad ass in those episodes. Even Megs was afraid of him. Also the one time wasp (his body anyways) ever reached its full abilities.

I always liked AEC Starscream. For me thats more his trilogy then Unicron's

In Armada he was trying to find his place just in general.

In Energon he was drafted, but proved himself loyal to Megatron on his own

Cybertron brings us to the Starscream we've always known.

There is a clear evolution in the character. I don't think it was intentional because little in AEC was, but it was still there.

The one thing I liked about season 2 Animated Megatron and G1 Galvatron was that there was no tolerance for the guy, cause even though he is a good character, I really never liked him.

Some of my favorite G1 episodes are the ones where Skywarp and Thundercracker would screw him over :P

Chris Latta and the AEC guy really did a great job on him though. Fun fact, it's well known that Latta was also Cobra Commander. Michael Dobson the voice actor for Starscream in AEC was also Cobra Commander in the GIJoe Valor vs Venom and Spy Troops DVDs

No wonder I liked the commander so much...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still beleive.. in the end.. good triumphs over evil.. and character matters.. and that is one reason that Prime has always been so easy to like. Megatron is a most worth adversary.

HOWEVER, I would really like to see Nemesis Prime as the evil antagonist, more so in the writing of Alternator, where the humans attempt to steal advanced technology and reverse engineer it.. in a secretive way and it gets away from them. It's always easy to make the top secret aspects of the gov't evil villans. I like the aspects of it being able to be made 'real' and I think it would be an even better rival than Megatron for Prime. I think Nemesis has been extremly neglected in the role he could play.

^^

Unfortunately the lines between good and evil are no longer as easily defined as they once were. If a hero commits crimes to stop the villian are they not villians themselves? Without mercy are you just? In the earlier incarnations of the Transformers there was a clear line drawn in the sand. On one side you had the just and good autobots and the other you had the evil decepticons. Now, mostly in the Bayverse both Con's and Bot's just seem to stand around in the middle.

^^

Unfortunately the lines between good and evil are no longer as easily defined as they once were. If a hero commits crimes to stop the villian are they not villians themselves? Without mercy are you just? In the earlier incarnations of the Transformers there was a clear line drawn in the sand. On one side you had the just and good autobots and the other you had the evil decepticons. Now, mostly in the Bayverse both Con's and Bot's just seem to stand around in the middle.

not to get philosophical, but I think that is more of a reflection of our society and it's moral compass than anything else. It seems to try and blurr the lines between right and wrong. So it shouldn't be a surprise that those affects are then displayed in the culture, art and stories that are created.

Fact remains, there will always be good and evil, and even with the small sub-culture that prefers evil -- figures like Optimus Prime that represent Good will always have mass attraction. It is no wonder that the decision to kill Prime off was met with such outcry, and became one of the TFers biggest mistakes to date. Would it be met with the same outcry today? Maybe not.

^^

not to get philosophical, but I think that is more of a reflection of our society and it's moral compass than anything else. It seems to try and blurr the lines between right and wrong. So it shouldn't be a surprise that those affects are then displayed in the culture, art and stories that are created.

Fact remains, there will always be good and evil, and even with the small sub-culture that prefers evil -- figures like Optimus Prime that represent Good will always have mass attraction. It is no wonder that the decision to kill Prime off was met with such outcry, and became one of the TFers biggest mistakes to date. Would it be met with the same outcry today? Maybe not.

Of course it is a reflection of our society. That is part of the reason that so many people enjoy movies with sexual related humor, violence and large explosions. It is not, nore has it been for a while about true good versus true evil. It's about entertainment value. Which unfortunately you get from questionable and questionable bad than from anything else.

Anyways, like I said before. That is why I prefer the screamer. You always know where he stands...... For himself.

my second favorite starscream voice would be from the movies. ('07 & '09)

it would really have been nice to see starscream in beast wars however. <cut> i definitely think beast wars could've used starscream.

Im not sure if its been awhile since you watched Transformers (not ROTF), cuz Starscream's voice was a different voice actor in the 1st movie. ROTF he had a more Starscream'ish voice though. ;) No big deal though, just thought you should know.

Ans Starscream was in Beast Wars. :tflaugh heh. J/k i know you know this. :P

Archived