Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Picked up a Thundertron and Ultra Magnus yesterday. Thundertron is kind of cool, but can easily be skipped if you don't plan on collecting every prime figure. Magnus is a must have, but I'll so a review on him later.

First off, His robot mode is decent. He just reminds me of like an Alpha Trion style robot. Kind of elegant with an older face. He has the facial hair and what appears to be coat tails. The biggest gimmick is the ability to remove his right foot, which reveals a peg leg. Sounds kind of corny, but since he's a pirate, it fits. Paint apps are decent and the blue, white, and gold colors are nice! His poseability in robot mode is not the greatest, but it is there. His weapon SUCKS!! It wouldn't suck if Hasbro had made it be able to lock like Magnus' hammer does. I just popped the batteries out and put it away. You can put the right foot onto his hand to be used as as a claw ala Vega from Streetfighter. Now, onto his alt mode. He turns into a lion. We have a Beast Wars homage except his beast mode is more on lines with Zoids or Voltron. As a matter of fact, the shape and colors reminds one of the Zoids Liger Zero! The poseability of his alt mode is horrible. There is little movement at all; however, from a looks point of view, it's great. The rear legs are the most moveable part. His head doesn't move or his jaws don't open or close. He has a flexible tail. It's rubber and there is no wire to keep it in any one spot.

Final verdict

Robot mode:

Looks-10

Poseability-7

Alt mode:

Looks-10

Poseability- 5

Total Durability: So far I haven't seen anything that could cause any quality issues.

Again, he can be definitely be skipped if you aren't into collecting all the prime figures. Over all, he is cool, and I guess we'll see if he is part of season 3 of prime.

As a HUGE Zoids fan (2nd biggest love, only behind TFs) I have thought the same thing about Thundertron, and got him specifically for that. I love the figure, but I'm probably a lil biased lol ... Plus he's a friggin' pirate! Haha

And if anyone gets that foot looking like a parrot, let me know! I so wanna do that!!

As a HUGE Zoids fan (2nd biggest love, only behind TFs) I have thought the same thing about Thundertron, and got him specifically for that. I love the figure, but I'm probably a lil biased lol ... Plus he's a friggin' pirate! Haha

And if anyone gets that foot looking like a parrot, let me know! I so wanna do that!!

I'm not sure if Takara/Tomy still owns the rights to Zoids, but I remember when growing up Tomy owned the Zoids. If Takara/Tomy owns the rights, Thundertron could be a homage to Liger Zero. It would make sense. And I'll let you all know if I can make that foot into a parrot. Not likely...LOL!!

I'm not sure if Takara/Tomy still owns the rights to Zoids, but I remember when growing up Tomy owned the Zoids. If Takara/Tomy owns the rights, Thundertron could be a homage to Liger Zero. It would make sense. And I'll let you all know if I can make that foot into a parrot. Not likely...LOL!!

Lol right on, thanks!

As for the rights, Has/Tak-Tomy still have the rights to them, however they license them out to a few companies. Most notably is the High End Master Model series by Kotobukiya. Although I've heard there's supposed to be an anniversary series released next year, even though it's likely to be just a Japanese release.

Well,

got the latest wave in of generations and i've gotta say, i'm impressed.

Starscream is pure win. love this fig, the only downside is (to me anyway) his legs look a little blocky and stiff. and as Exvee pointed out in his review, the peg holes for his weapons get stressed rather easily.

Air Raid is pretty cool as well, and a great use of the shockwave mold. his weapons are bulky and impractical but still awesome. the new chest piece, head, and the colors really differentiate it from shockwave. his giant gunblade of death folds up under the main part of the alt mode though, throwing off balance pretty badly, but still a solid figure.

Ultra Magnus is a great re-use of a mold as well. everyone was saying that that mold would look better as magnus anyway and we were all right. the gun/blade combination is really well executed, and a blast (hah!) to play with....um...i mean pose...and...set up and stuff.....like adults....yeah, adults.

only thing i can say bad about it is the head looks a little disproportionately small, but given that his head is more involved than primes (i.e. the stacks) and it still had to fold up in the same space, i can forgive that.

Sideswipe is a wonderful upgrade of Jazz. the re-shelling of this fig really changes the complete look of both the bot mode and the alt mode. the bfg is a bit unwieldy but still cool, didn't actually know it folded up until reading Exvee's review.

Kickback imo is absolutely awesome. i know this is going to sound a bit like blasphemy but i've never really cared for the insecticons, and even completely passed on the reissues a few years ago at tru (even when discounted to 20$) and never felt guilty about it. but this figure is amazing. the colors are perfect (maybe not for the character, but they look damn good on this mold) and i love the way his legs fold up and you basically turn the bot mode inside out for the alt mode and vise versa. the bot mode just looks so cool standing there all intimidating. the disc launcher is very large and cumbersome but i prefer his blades/wings anyway. just never been a fan of beast modes, but it's pulled off really well in this fig.

still don't like the overall shrinkage of the deluxes though.

also visited ross yesterday due to these boards stating that prime had hit there and got very lucky

i had passed on preordering thundertron at bbts because again....don't really care for beast modes (and yes, i know beasthunters is coming) but picked him up for somewhere around 11 bucks yesterday, and pretty cool fig. i've yet to discover if the blade locks into the open position like Ultra Mag's hammer did but i've got it tied with a clear rubber band (and the batteries removed so i don't get blinded everytime i fiddle with it) but love the whole pirate theme. read somewhere that his removable foot can turn into a parrot, and i can see that, i just don't know how to attach it after that. it looks to me like the peg is supposed to be the beak with the claws as tail feathers. (it may be in the instructions...i honestly don't know, i've not looked at instructions for a transformer since RiD Megs and Galvatron.....and still have to break those out from time to time) but anyway, cool figure.

and SCORE, nabbed three vehicons for 6 bucks apiece. never found this fig in any store till now. and reading on here how awesome they were was frankly starting to tempt me to visit ebay. but gotta say all the praise heaped upon this figure is well deserved. looks very cool in both modes. someone had said the alt mode looks like a batmobile and i can totally see that. very glad to have found them. also available were rumble (frenzy? whichever name they used) and kup for 5.99 also, but i had ordered those from bbts a while ago.

so if you need vehicons, hit up ross.

also, F-4 Phantom arrived the other day as well, and this is a sweet figure. the size comparison from G1 to this thing is mindblowing when you think about how much bigger Superion is going to be. Another great fig from TFC.

and on a final note my miniwarriors hench fig had arrived from bbts a while ago without a head...well now he is complete. bbts came through for me. i was honestly suprised, as initially i was told i'd have to send it back and basically re-order the fig, but seeing as how they had risen the price of the fig by 20 bucks at the time i was hesitant to do that. after being out of town for a week i noticed that the price had dropped back down so i shot them an e-mail asking about it.

long story short, they got in a new supply and just sent me the missing part in my latest pile of loot.

gotta say, he looks a lot better complete than he did before.

and the more g1 face on the back of the head is a nice touch.

Opened up my Terrorcon Cliffjumper I picked up yesterday and well, utter crap. First off, I transformed into robot mode. I barely moved the hood piece where the horns connect and the hinge system literally just fell apart!!! Now, I never plan on transforming him back to alt mode ever again as I only purchased this guy as a "wild card" filler for my Prime display. This was a horrible job by Hasbro. The painted on battle damage just cheapens the toy. The face sculpt could have been painted better. If you want a Terrorcon Cliffy, get the translucent purple Takara version. The review I saw differentiating between the two makes that version look 100 times better.

Just picked up FOC Soundblaster, while not perfect, and full of aesthetic issues, it's not a bad mold, I will be picking Soundwave, and probably 2 Blasters so I can repaint one of them into Twincast. I think my number one complaint is that the design of the chest makes it appear that he has a deceptively long torso, however Blaster's retooled chest addresses that little nitpick of mine quite nicely. Loving the minions, just great little additions that really adds to the entire FOC collection, gonna have to do a checklist to see how many more figures are still to come from the quoted 40 Generations figs in 2012/13.

Just picked up FOC Soundblaster, while not perfect, and full of aesthetic issues, it's not a bad mold, I will be picking Soundwave, and probably 2 Blasters so I can repaint one of them into Twincast. I think my number one complaint is that the design of the chest makes it appear that he has a deceptively long torso, however Blaster's retooled chest addresses that little nitpick of mine quite nicely. Loving the minions, just great little additions that really adds to the entire FOC collection, gonna have to do a checklist to see how many more figures are still to come from the quoted 40 Generations figs in 2012/13.

Pardon my ignorance, but this is the Voyager one right? And you found him on a store?

Pardon my ignorance, but this is the Voyager one right? And you found him on a store?

Yes I did, and in Michigan of all places. All the local retailers did a major restock on all TF's currently there are a few stores in my area that are flooded with Prid Rumble and Kup's, also some Soundwaves and Airachnids, I went to a few after work, only saw one RID Vehicon though for all the Prime figures that just made it onto shelves, but one store in particular had just put out a fresh case of FOC Voyagers, I passed on Soundwave simply because he won't be as pain in the ass to find later (3 to a case of 4).

yes. they are being found mostly at tru

My Tru only had GDO Voyager Megatron and RID Voyager Megatron, though they did have the FOC data disc two-packs which I passed on since they're in my next shipment from TFsource.