Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Just opened a 2011 NYCC Bumblebee and Arcee pack. WOW, I dislike the FE Arcee. FWIW, the mold has some good merits. I like the legs on it. The chest is horrible. It looks like doors that can be opened up. I dig the pink and white colors. That's the only thing going for this figure. So, if the Prime FE "Blue" version is something I'm glad I never got. Overall, I guess I give this figure a 7 out of 10. It's a great try for making a show accurate toy. The biggest problems are all the back kibble and the fact that it suffers from the insect abdomen that plagues both versions. I'll stand this pink FE version up as an Arcee in my Classicsverse display.

Just opened my RtS Lugnut. I'm stupid. I just thought he was a repainted Animated version. The reason being I never saw the Animated toy. Well, the RtS version is purely awesome to me. I'm glad I bought him. I give him an 8 out of 10. My biggest gripe is his tail section kibble that hangs down from his back. Other than that, he's pretty poseable, color apps are nice, and both modes are cool. I also love when Hasbro uses different letters to spell out things on some of their figures. In this instance he has "LU-6 NU-7" on his wings to spell LUG NUT. This guy is a winner in my books.

When I first got this figure out of the package I honestly hated it, I don't know why it just seemed off. Then I saw someone had modded there's (I think Jin Saotome, but don't quote me on it) by making the fingers twice as posable, so I did it myself and now I LOVE this figure!

As for recent additions I just got the Perfect Effect Motobot RC (Blue), and Fansproject Warcry.

I love Motobot, and I'm glad I got the Blue version, it makes for an excellent G1-ish Chromia, I have her posed next to my Impossible Toys Valkyrie (which will soon be replaced with an Igear Delicate Warrior) and she just looks good! Transformation is a bit of a pain, but I'm gonna keep her in robot mode, lol

Warcry is a good figure, again like FP's previous figure Munitioner he does suffer from the heavy backpack of combiner kibble, but the new head and weapons really do make him look like he belongs on your classics shelf.

Also worth mentioning are the Impossible Toys Spike and Sparkplug figures I received with this order. These guys were about 10 times smaller than I was expecting them to be. Seriously, think back to the occasional humans in the Micromachines line, now add four points of articulation and a handheld accessory, and removable hat. Impressive at that size, but I'm still afraid I'm going to blast them out a window with an accidental sneeze!

Got Generations 2.0 FOC Shockwave today and it is a kick ass figure. A little on the small side but it'll look great with my CHUG figures.

If you are wondering, yes you can give him his cannon arm. All you have to do is flip in his hand and the gun will clip onto his forearm. It's not shown in the instructions but it is easy to figure out.

Only thing that sucks though is he is only 1 per case. So if you see him, get him!!!

Got Generations 2.0 FOC Shockwave today and it is a kick ass figure. A little on the small side but it'll look great with my CHUG figures.

If you are wondering, yes you can give him his cannon arm. All you have to do is flip in his hand and the gun will clip onto his forearm. It's not shown in the instructions but it is easy to figure out.

Only thing that sucks though is he is only 1 per case. So if you see him, get him!!!

Cool, I was planning on getting 2 of them, 1 to add in my expanded G1-verse as Shockwave, and 1 to do a partswap/repaint with an RTS Jazz and find a targetmaster, so I could add them into my expanded G1-verse as Shockblast and Misfire.

I should add in that, while not really recently, I did pick up RID Wheeljack, and even though I only got him to repaint him as Slicer, he's still IMO a badass little figure!

Arms Micron Breakdown - Brings 'sexy' back to the Voyagers. Assembling the Mini-Con was fun, if a little scary at times due to how much force is required to attach the legs, head, and tail/handle. Stickers are fairly easy to apply, although the instructions could make it a little more clear as to what order the inner/outer knee stickers go in. (despite that, I don't think it's all that noticeable if done one way or the other) The rear is a pain in the rear to get into place for vehicle mode, but refuses to budge easily once it's in. Robot mode is as big and bulky as the character should be. Quite poseable and well balanced despite the bulk. The Mini-Con in hammer mode can be held in his hand or the wrist/windshield assembly can be turned back around to plug into the roof for more show accuracy. Since the hands are translucent plastic, I'd advise a bit of caution with 'em. Overall, I'm quite happy with this toy, and recommend that people go get it now while they still can!

Just 3 to add for now, but a very nice trio!

Generations FoC Jazz: I get it, smaller figure, blah..blah...cheaper plastic...blah. HORESECRAP! OK he's not a giant, but I think his stature fits and I think he's quite a nice figure. Not the best by any means, he's got some good points and bad but bottom line is he'll look great on the shelf. He's got a decent, not too easy or hard, transformation. A good amount of overall articulation though some ankles and a waist would have helped immensely. Good head sculpt and stocky frame. Pose him with his legs in a bit of a spread pose and it helps make them not look so spindly. Another minor thing to mention is some looseness already in the ball joints in the shoulders. I do also worry about the longevity of the ankle an elbow ratchets as they may grind down over time, we'll see.

FoC Optimus: While I wasn't greatly anticipating this figure, it's Prime, what are you gonna do? Again, I'm liking him better in person than the pics online showed. His articulation is very, very good! Waist and ankles, check. He's a lot of fun to pose. Transformation is a zillion times easier than the WFC version. Once you get him transformed once, you should be good after that. Alt mode also looks more compact and like a pretty mean little machine. I wish the gun mounted a bit better, but it's satisfactory. I really can't wait to get my hands on the Ultra Magnus version of this.

FoC Shockwave: The main event! Got the other two online from TRU that came yesterday (with BOGO) and found the Shockwave in store today. Nice. Anyway, he's everything I've heard he is. Small, yes, but very much like in Vehicon where his alt mode parts don't really show up much in the bot mode. Not that there are a whole lot of identifiable alt mode parts anyway. Again though, a waist and ankles could have helped greatly but the rest of the figure is just so solid that those points really don't matter much. This IS Shockwave! The cannon clips seamlessly onto either arm, buy two do a double arm cannon if you wish. I don't really like that the big end of the cannon slides off from the rest of it pretty easily, but I guess you can keep it off if you want Shocky to have a 3 long barrel Gatling. The light piping eye works like a charm. Transformation is nothing difficult but again, satisfying. His alt mode, basically a flying cannon is rather mean and impressive looking. If this can be affixed onto the arm of Bruticus then that will be AMAZING! But yeah, Shockwave is the definitive MUST HAVE figure of these 3. All are nice, but if you can only get one then it's a no-brainer.

So, I'm still buying and seeking basics like mad! Who knew these guys were so great?? :)

Copped:

PCC Undertow and Waterlog (Pleasantly surprised!)

PCC Steelshot and Beacon ( Meh on both. Steelshot is kinda cool and on my copy came with really messed up paint for his face but makes me think he's been through so many battles that I kinda think he's cool the way he is. Stays!)

ROTF Commander class Hatchet! RRReeeally noice!! Passed on him before and regretted passing but now that I have him he's aaawwweesome! Didn't think I'd enjoy him as much as I do!

ROTF Deluxe Starscream! This guys HELLA AWESOME!! Why didn't anyone tell me? :P

Picked up FOC Optimus Prime and Jazz, yeah, they're tiny, nothing really to add, they're decent molds, could have benefitted being a bit larger, and Jazz's completely open rear end in vehicle mode is rather aggravating. Sadly no Shockwave since (according to the Toy's R Us clerk) "we didn't get any in any of the boxes"..... that's seriously what he said.

Also got the Knock-off Punch/Counterpunch based on the TFCC exclusive, pretty decent, arm articulation is a bit loose, and the supercharger doesn't fit well in some of the area's it's supposed to go, all in all I'm satisfied with this much, much cheaper alternative to the massively underproduced exclusive.

And last but not least, the crowning jewel in this haul, Hegemon! This is an absolutely wonderful figure! The only thing that bothers me is the over-use of Transluscent red plastic, however if the light catches him just right it looks like he's glowing from ore 13.

The whole sculpt is obviously based on Megatron's appearance in IDW's Transformers: Escalation, however it just plain works as a replacement for classics Nerf-atron (everyone saying Hegemon doesn't look like a gun can shut up, he looks fantastic in both modes, sooooo much better than the Hasbro attempt, like lightyear's, leaps, and bounds better) I'd recommend Hegemon to anybody, stellar articulation, decent quality materials and construction, combined with a top notch design and attention to aesthetics make Hegemon a must buy for any of us that have expanded beyond solely collecting Hasbro "official" product.