Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I got 2 great figures in thsi week, thanks to fellow member siburke939 :thumb

HFTD Hubcap: What can I say, easily the best scout to comefrom the ROTF line, siple but fun transformation, good articulation. Great figure and highly reccommended

RTS Scout Windcharger: If you find this guy pick him up, hold onto him and fight tooth and nail to keep hold of him. Easily the best scout class figure to date. Articulation is amazing. Transformation, like Hubcap's is easy but fun at the same time. Can't reccommend this guy enough :win

I got 2 great figures in thsi week, thanks to fellow member siburke939 :thumb

HFTD Hubcap: What can I say, easily the best scout to comefrom the ROTF line, siple but fun transformation, good articulation. Great figure and highly reccommended

Nope... Skystalker holds that title my friend :P

RTS Perceptor is okay, but the shoulders need to be able to lock in place, the rub symbol is stupidly hard to get to work, and why the hell are his eyes painted yellow when he's got yellow light-piping?! :tfmad But he does have chrome. Never expected there to be chrome on a Hasbro toy in 2011! :eek

RTS Windcharger: This scout is full of badassery. The transformation is simple, reminiscent of Hubcap. The red plastic looks like a custom candy finish you see on hot rods. The hand cannons are a really neat feature as well. Two thumbs up for this scout.

HFTD Tomahawk: This is a pretty awesome deluxe figure for what it is. The transformation is relatively easy, and the robot mode looks simple yet aggressive in it's own right. I couldn't resist renaming him to Rotorstorm to kinda sit in on my Wreckers squad. Two thumbs up for this guy as well.

So I was going through my collection, and I decided to open up my ROTF Bludgeon, Animated Japan Wingblade Optimus Prime and Animated Japan Blackout.

ROTF Bludgeon: My first impressions, upon opening this figure, was the vehicle mode. Quite the awesome looking tank mode. What kinda soured my liking a tad was the handle of the long samurai-esque sword. This handle makes up the end of the main tank gun barrel. The plastic was a tad bent but that's something a little hot water and a vice can fix. What bent me out of shape was the sword itself. No chrome, which made it a very lackluster sword. Even the smaller blade, tucked away in the hidden sheath, sucked. Transformation was pretty easy, and can probably be performed without taking a glance at the instructions. In looking at the figure, in both modes, I think this thing could use some paint apps. Light piping would have helped out a bit in the robot's head too. I know some of you like this figure but I am just going to go ahead and bust a confused Caesar and give it two thumbs horizontal. I'm so-so about it.

Animated Japan Wingblade Optimus: At first, I wasn't too sure about the clear plastic on this figure. It's two modes in one box. The standard Optimus has all parts in transparent plastic. It gives a nice effect to the figure but it doesn't do it any real justice. Weapons are the same as the US Spec Voyager version. Transforms all the same. Now what comes solid painted is the Wingblade parts. The backpack is given a nice metallic candy red finish, while the shoulder cannons and winged gauntlets are given the metallic blue. The gauntlets just port onto Optimus' hands. Each gauntlet hand is slightly spring-loaded, with a slot on the finger portion to accomodate the Magnus hammer. The jetpack clips onto the lightbar, all the while the shoulder cannons peg into the jetpack and just sit there with no secure fastening to Optimus' shoulders. The figure also came with 2 projectiles to plug into the shoulder cannons. All in all a very nice piece but it could've been a lot better had they just stuck with solid plastic rather than translucent. A thumb and half for this one.

Animated Japan Blackout: Now this Voyager is awesome. The vehicle mode features six vulcan cannons (2 on each arm, 2 over the top of the vehicle). Transformation is very simple. Pull out the tail rotor, flip the waist section and legs down. Flip the legs out, rotate the feet out as well. Bring the arms down and flip out the hands. Take the cockpit section apart and fold it back till it snaps into the holes of each side of the center chest assembly. Fold the main rotor blades down like the Movie Blackout, and you'll have yourself one menacing Decepticon. The tail rotor clips into either hand, and features a disc launcher. For what it is, it is quite an awesome figure. He really came out nicely done. Two thumbs up for this one.

Man I really want Animated Blackout! It'd just cost too much to have imported, tho. There's a great Tranformers Mosaic about TFA Blackout, called "Blackup". ("When the slag hits the fan, call for it.")

Picked up Battle Ops Bumblebee on clearance for $30. He's very cool, I'll be adding painted details for sure. Already modded his right arm so the cannon can be transformed by hand regardless of how the elbow is bent, thus solving the biggest problem w/ this guy IMO. I still have to go thru him thoroughly and make little mods to improve articulation. Never would have paid 60, but 30's not bad.

Just got Generations Wave 3 (Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Scourge and Kup). Let's tackle 'em in that order:

Wheeljack: When you open him, you will be in awe of his vehicle mode. Enjoy it, because you will never get him folded up as tightly again. Like Tracks, Wheeljack's back end is frustratingly hard to fold down properly, even once you know the trick to it.

Of course, the big difference between Wheeljack and Tracks is the legs, which have been remolded to make clear that the hood of the car is to face forward. The hood is a bit too wide for this to work however, and makes Wheeljack look sort of short and squat.

Despite all that, the colors are really nice and the tribute unmistakable. I still recommend it, at least assuming you like the character.

Thundercracker: By now, you know what you're getting with the venerable Classics Seeker mold. As with Thrust and Dirge, Hasbro has given us a truly awesome paint job on this one. My only criticism is that the same shade of blue is used on the missiles as the majority of his body, so they look a little redundant sticking out from under his wings in his otherwise excellent jet mode. I would have rather silver missiles or something like that.

Scourge: Wow. This guy is truly impressive. When this was first announced, I was annoyed that his alt mode was less G1 accurate than Titanium Scourge. But now that I've got him in hand I can say that this guy is light years ahead of that limited toy. Yeah, the alt mode isn't as accurate, but it fits the character, and is just flat out cool. Plus, for the first time, Scourge has a real transformation, and it's a fun one. Highly recommended.

Kup: The cream of the crop. Sure, the door kibble on his arms is annoying. But two truly sweet modes and a nice paint job more than make up for it. The transformation from truck to robot mode is downright cool, with a quasi-automorph quality to it. Transforming back to truck mode is a little less smooth, but it's not a significant flaw. Bottom line: this is an awesome figure, and if you have any interest in the concept you won't be sorry you purchased it.

FINALLY...HIGHBROW HAS RETURNED TO SOUTH FLORIDA!!!

Haven't opened him up yet but will let you know how I feel about him soon! ^_^ :win :awsum

FINALLY...HIGHBROW HAS RETURNED TO SOUTH FLORIDA!!!

Haven't opened him up yet but will let you know how I feel about him soon! ^_^

Propeller gimmick is lame. There's simply not enough weight to keep them spinning and the mechanism is very loud.

The WWII plane alt-mode makes up for it and then some (love him mostly for that)