Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

^ LMAO!! I KNOW!! :D

I finally found an Orion Pax locally last night.

I was initially going to pass on this figure due to size and modest indifference but after seeing some reviews and actually seeing it in person, I gave in. This is a fun figure despite nearing scout class in size but having better than average deluxe figure joint capabilities makes up the difference. Having two weapons, his Ion Blaster and enrgon Axe(more like a halberd) really helps round out the toy. I would have liked to have seen a voyager Pax, but I'm not sure where he would fit on the shelve in the size motif of things, but that's nothing new to us buyers of all things bots.

Great articulation from ankles all the way to his ball jointed neck with the only real draw back being no rotation joint above or below the knee joints, but his has hips and thigh rotation, so a fair trade off(not to mention it might have made the transformation a bit odd/difficult). Even his wrist have rotation which is a nice touch to the stow away hands feature which normally is not added. His head is on the small side but it does have excellent detail for a decent trade off.

His alt mode as a truck of sorts is kinda nifty and is a fun transformation to and from with a healthy nod to how Optimus transforms to and from. I've seen a custom of this mold made into Kup, and to be honest, it really suits it damn nicely(Ya listening repaint happy Hasbro?)

If you're on the fence about him, I'd say do it, especially since they are only 12.97 at wal-mart, but if the IDW line is not your thing, fair play there too, but as a TF fan, you would be doing yourself a disservice by skipping on him.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found an Orion Pax locally last night.

I was initially going to pass on this figure due to size and modest indifference but after seeing some reviews and actually seeing it in person, I gave in. This is a fun figure despite nearing scout class in size but having better than average deluxe figure joint capabilities makes up the difference. Having two weapons, his Ion Blaster and enrgon Axe(more like a halberd) really helps round out the toy. I would have liked to have seen a voyager Pax, but I'm not sure where he would fit on the shelve in the size motif of things, but that's nothing new to us buyers of all things bots.

Great articulation from ankles all the way to his ball jointed neck with the only real draw back being no rotation joint above or below the knee joints, but his has hips and thigh rotation, so a fair trade off(not to mention it might have made the transformation a bit odd/difficult). Even his wrist have rotation which is a nice touch to the stow away hands feature which normally is not added. His head is on the small side but it does have excellent detail for a decent trade off.

His alt mode as a truck of sorts is kinda nifty and is a fun transformation to and from with a healthy nod to how Optimus transforms to and from. I've seen a custom of this mold made into Kup, and to be honest, it really suits it damn nicely(Ya listening repaint happy Hasbro?)

If you're on the fence about him, I'd say do it, especially since they are only 12.97 at wal-mart, but if the IDW line is not your thing, fair play there too, but as a TF fan, you would be doing yourself a disservice by skipping on him.

I liked him too! Only thing I'd love to see come with him is a Voyager styled Ion Rifle for CL Optimus which I thought would have made a nice touch. Tried out the gun Orion came with on Prime and just didn't have the same impressive nature as it did in Orion Pax's hands.

BTW, I finally found a TFPFE Cliffjumper!! Awesomeness although the back of his hood dosen't flush in with the rest of the auto mode but this one was the most decently painted so...tradeoffs, right? LOL!

This really makes me want a Breakdown and Skyquake to complete the cast.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting fix I came across over this past weekend. Rubber bumpers. TFC's Not Superion and Not Devastator we're having issues not standing up right/doing the splits due to being on surfaces that are not conducive to polished plastics standing upright without a serious base on things slick/easy to slide surfaces like a shelf or a desk top(and also because the plastic is somewhat shiny/slick as well). I found these little bumpers at wal-mart(about 2.50/3.00 a pack) in the hardware section and applied them to the bottom of their feet, one in front, one in back. Granted, this does not fix the real issue with the hips being a little loose on the combiners themselves but it does keep the feet planted instead of trying to just slide out from under the torso and crotch area where the weight distribution begins on these combiners.

The minor downside is that it looks like the are just ever so slightly floating, but in the midst of multiple figures around them, that gets lost in the clutter. Perhaps a little shaving down may help that. So far so good after five days and no sagging of the stance of the figures and they even seem somewhat more stable.

Hope this helps some of you out!

I got Autobot Skids last night and he's a mixed bag. He's become a line filler in the ground war for the Autobots to front linesman with all the weapons his frame is carrying now. Two shoulder mounted weapons, the under slung forearms weapons, two retractable missile pods along with two hand held weapons that combine for a larger rifle. This bot is ready to lay forth with the damage.

He makes for a nifty little squat racer too and has some nice designs and the G1 inspired red/white on the sides of the doors. I appreciate the red paint apps for the rims on the wheels instead of just full on black plastic all the way around and the silver for the grill and lights(I was hoping they would not do a TF Prime Rumble set up on again and low and behold, they didn't!) His bot mode is pretty nice too and he has a very well designed head and face.

Now the real business: He's a bit back heavy with the roof/windshield back piece and the wings/doors and without some form of a heel spur, you have to find a way to balance him so he doesn't topple backwards. Speaking of those feet, the transformation to get his feet out and how they engineered it is neat/fun, so that does help as well, and not to mention it looks like he has thrusters in the bottom of his feet to boot! His shoulders are limited in movement and hamper pose-ability but we've all come across before. One thing I did come across was the hip pieces were not allowing him to bend his upper legs forward do to a small plastic ridge design on the top of them and rubs the top inside of the pelvic area*. This was causing a lot of issues with balancing, so I popped the legs off, switched the upper thigh/hip joint parts on the legs and that made a huge difference(*the cup that the ball joint fit into are not centered in the hip socket on the leg joint, hence...) but now they won't quite bend backwards, which is not a total loss/deal breaker. Upside is that this did not alter the altmode and it fits together and transforms just fine.

I would have to give him a B-. possibly a C due to having to do some parts switching and work with him on his balancing issues, but the sheer amount of firepower he brings to the table keeps him in the game. I do recommend you get him if you see him.

I picked up Skids and Waspenator last week and I just love both toys!! Both are very cool!

Skids I have not been able to put down yet! Hip fix aside, he is an example of how an Autobot toy or any Transformers toy can be when it's done right! Skids is just pure fun! Thanks Hasbro! This one get an A+ from me and I'm loving the way you've totally collapsed the windshield and hood to a complete flushed back pack and that is just completely amazing to me! I think you've created my new favorite deluxe Autobot toy!! =)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had him for a while, but I just can't put down Waspinator! His bot mode is excellent and his alt mode is okay, but still fun. Probably the best insect transformer to date. I do have one stress mark on his left shoulder next to the pin. It's not a crack but merely a white discoloration. It doesn't seem to be getting worse. My main gripe is I wish that his insect eyes were painted purple or blue. I mean they took the time to paint them silver, so I don't see why they couldn't have made them blue or purple.

Just got Goldfire and Dreadwing and loving them both! Wasn't going to get them origonally but glad that I did! Why is Goldfire so awesome?? I'm really enjoying the hell out of this guy! BTW... starting to read the comics again...anyone know if Bumblebee keeps his name or is he Goldfire from then on? :)

• 1 month later...

finally found rhinox! and a new wave of deluxe's already picked over so all i found was dreadwing.

rhinox, i think pulls both modes off really well. and he would be near perfect if those damn guns were painted. i might get takara's simply for the guns. but my rhinox is floppy as hell! like almost every joint! anyone else have QC problems with theirs? nonetheless reccommended for BW fans.

and dreadwing is awesome. nice new headsculpt (awesome light piping) and spot on colors. not to mention how much i love seeing an accurrate G2 symbol on him. the mold when it originally came out was at the bottom of my list. didnt hate it, but didnt care. nothing struck me. he came in that 2-pack takara version with pax and once i played with him a bit, i loved it. mainly how nice and neat he folds together for his jet mode. so when i originally saw pics of dreadwing i was on board. you like the mold? go buy him!