Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Found and bought Hoist! He's cool! Loving Trailbreaker a bit more and I just wish that there were more differentiating both characters besides the heads. Maybe thinking of buying the 3rd party upgrades for them but I'm glad that I'm finding these guys in retail!

Now thinking about Bee and Thundercracker. Have yet to find Megatron but may opt to wait for Dreadwing. :)

I picked up Orion Pax and Trailbreaker a couple days ago.

Trailbreaker is a good solid figure, could have stood being a little bigger, but with the cost-cutting in figures these days he is still a winner. I wish the head were a little more G1 animation-like, though. The sculpt doesn't quite match the comic's portrayal anyway, so why not throw a bone to us classic-G1 types? Overall a very good update of the character.

Orion is decent. I'm a classic G1 fan who doesn't care for IDW, so a lot of the intended appeal of the figure is lost on me (just as with Trailbreaker). When I think Orion Pax, I think of Sunbow's dock worker, not IDW's relatively inexperienced Autobot warrior. So for me this isn't "Orion Pax" so much as "Young Optimus Prime". Technically the same thing, of course, but you get my meaning. Very good robot mode - just a faceplate away from being yet another good Cybertronian Optimus toy. Vehicle mode is a little unstable. I would have liked to see the weapons integrated in the altmode somehow, but the storage we get is adequate. I'm not sure if I would have picked this guy up if he weren't a version of Optimus, though.

• Like 1

I picked up Orion Pax and Trailbreaker a couple days ago.

Trailbreaker is a good solid figure, could have stood being a little bigger, but with the cost-cutting in figures these days he is still a winner. I wish the head were a little more G1 animation-like, though. The sculpt doesn't quite match the comic's portrayal anyway, so why not throw a bone to us classic-G1 types? Overall a very good update of the character.

Orion is decent. I'm a classic G1 fan who doesn't care for IDW, so a lot of the intended appeal of the figure is lost on me (just as with Trailbreaker). When I think Orion Pax, I think of Sunbow's dock worker, not IDW's relatively inexperienced Autobot warrior. So for me this isn't "Orion Pax" so much as "Young Optimus Prime". Technically the same thing, of course, but you get my meaning. Very good robot mode - just a faceplate away from being yet another good Cybertronian Optimus toy. Vehicle mode is a little unstable. I would have liked to see the weapons integrated in the altmode somehow, but the storage we get is adequate. I'm not sure if I would have picked this guy up if he weren't a version of Optimus, though.

I agree on the Orion Pax thing. I wish he was like the dock worker from the original animated series.

I have the IDW Trail Breaker, Megatron, Orion Pax, and Bumblebee and haven't opened them up yet. They just look so nice in the package.

I do have the Beast Hunters Prowl and WOW, what a great use for the Smokescreen mold!! It just looks so good!! Yesterday I picked up Beast Hunters Arcee and while the figure looks good, the colors are just off. But I guess all the Beast Hunters' colors are off.

So I got Generations Bumblebee a few ways ago and aside from being another Bumblebee character on the shelves, he's pretty awesome!! Only things I can think about griping about are I really wish his head came with a ball joint so he could have an up and down pivot...also because I think he should always be looking up to Prime! 2 I really wish the designers could have worked his door wings onto his back and 3 I can see some room to collapse the wheels to the back of his legs to make them look more full but love the Windchargery inspired leg transformation!

All in all I'm really loving the toy and if you need a Bumblebee in the collection, this or Classics are your guys! Generations Bumblebee really fits in with the other Classics-Universe-Generations figures and I just love how well he pairs off with GDO Cliffjumper!

Quick edit: I really hope that the future isn't going to be Faux hood/chest as I really do like having a more involved piece.

My Perfect Effect Aranea finally came in today. This figure is definitely a unique twist on the Blackarachnia character, with the motorcycle alt mode and all. I've been excited about this figure since its announcement and instantly pre-ordered her. Upon receiving this figure, my disappointment grew. The packaging is excellent and with its outer cardboard box and inner plastic housing, makes you feel like it's a Takara Tomy figure. It comes with pretty worthless instructions on par with Hasbro's, but maybe a tad bit better. The included comic book is cool, has great artwork, and the story is pretty interesting, albeit short. So, let's get on with my disappointments. First off her face. It doesn't look anything like the photos you have seen. The silver paint used looks like a really shiny, laquer type paint. What they should have used is a flat silver and it would have looked better. Another thing is her lips. In the included comic book, she has purple lipstick. This detail is lacking on the figure and makes it look incomplete. Now, some of you might say that lipstick doesn't belong on a fembot, but for someone like Blackarachnia.....err, Aranea, it adds to the fact she is a serious femme fatale! another thing you'll notice about Aranea, is she is reminescent of a G1 "partsformer" as she comes with lots of snap on parts. Putting these parts on her bot mode is fine. When you have to snap parts on her altmode to complete it, kind of takes away from it. I mean it's a fun figure, but it's really tedious to transform. The accessories are awesome, and putting the drone together is fun. It kind of reminds me of putting together an Arms Micron weapon in a way, except you can keep taking it apart and put it back together. Another gripe is poseability. This figure should look agile and be able to get into some cool poses, but the articulation is lacking. A lot of the joints are super tight and will require some break in, but seriously, she could be more articulated. Now, I threw all the negatives out there, but she is still a fun character. After you transform her, the alt mode is stunning. It looks totally bad @$$. So, is this figure worth the $99? Only if you are a die-hard Blackarachnia fan or even just a lover of third party toys. Really though, a $50 price tag would be more acceptable. I have no regerets with this purchase as Blackarachnia truly is one of my favorite transformer characters and except for Animated Arachnid, we really havent seen a decent figure. I'll be adding some purple lipstick to this figure in the near future and she'll probably be displayed in my CHUG display later on. For now, she'll probably sit on my desk at work.

I just got my Black Aranea figure and Toyworld Aurora in my BBTS POL. I am going to do a video review of her this weekend. I am super stoked....I have been looking forward to this figure for a while. PE hasn't disappointed me yet....I love my Reflector set.....My Baroness just got herself a new Bad @$$ bike! :D

• 1 month later...

I finally finished the Uranos/Not Superion set. The individual bots are pretty decent, Blackbird/Silverbolt is probably my least favorite of them. He's not entirely poseable with the super size back pack(removing the engines does help, but not too much) but he does have a good amount of joint/articulation. His rifle/fuselage weapon is a bit on the atrocious side and somewhat unwieldy for him just due to size alone and extending the barrel turns it into a Mother of all Sniper Rifles, gatling cannons included! I've taken to calling him "Butter-Thighs" due to the yellow color of them, an inner dialogue has cropped up about painting them... His SR-71 mode is actually quite enjoyable if not the standard "Bot pinned to the underside of the plane" design motif. I'll also add it's a nice work of engineering on how he comes together in the alt mode unlike another SR-71 based from a certain movie-verse that was damn near impossible to transform into alt mode. Oh yeah, and X-47 Phantomray? I've got nothing good to say about this and quite frankly think it should have been left out and the chest piece done properly.

The rest of the Group, Air Raid/F-15 Eagle, Skydive/F-16 Falcon, Fireflight/F-4 Phantom & Slingshot/AV-88 Harrier II were pretty decent figures if not somewhat fiddly with all of the wing folding/popping off. I seriously enjoy their alt modes better than their bot modes, whereas it's usually the other way around for me on most TF's. They do have great poseability and can pull off some nice looking moves and the missiles/gun-pods for weapons offers various modes of weapons from individual guns to an over/under configuration that I actually enjoy quite a bit. It did bother me that only the F-15 & F-16 came with some form of stand and post for them, granted I know they had the feet parts to work with but it seemed a little unfair/odd to the collector to not have something similar for the other three bots.

The combiner/gestalt mode is a bit precarious and requires a bit of work to get it together and align all the folded wings, stowed weapons and so forth. As usual, he's top heavy for being a combiner and makes posing him slightly difficult at times. His head looks a little over-sized and I'm not fond of the clear yellow plastic antennae, I would have preferred a solid brighter color. I'm on the fence about either modding his chest piece or waiting to get the add on piece, however, if I mod it, I'll just be out the price of a hand drill and the destruction of a lesser wanted bot for the pin needed. Decisions, decisions... He has so much kibble on his arms that getting a nice pose from the waist up is not all that possible and again, the goofy fuselage/gun pod is just too gregarious to be of any real use(and I keep thinking I'm going to break off the spire at the end of the nose all the time).

Speaking of nose pieces, I got Skydive through TFsource and when he arrived, the black nose piece had been literally ripped loose from the from fuselage. This was apparently done at the factory because the box was still properly sealed. I was a bit pissed off to put it gently. I sent an email to them and they got back to me and asked for photos which I initially offered, Rob stated that they would send me a complete new section to replace that one and I got it soon afterwords. I will say, if you decide to open any of them up, watch for small gears/ratchet pieces as they will go flying and are a bit of a pain to put back in properly. Suffice it to say I was mad about the damaged toy but the gang at TFSource more than made up for it, so their stock has definitely risen with me.

All in all, I would have to give TFC a "C minus" on this combiner team. Good execution individually on the bots, but just a bit too over involved on the combiner mode with all the chunks attached but in a floating state . And even though I did like most of the aforementioned guns for the regular guys/limb bots, a nice standard gun or rifle would have been a nice thing to have, especially considering the cost.

I'm currently debating about selling him off but have not made any concrete decisions yet.

So, I just got a copy of Transformers Prime First Edition Bumblebee and might I say, what an awesome toy indeed! At first I was on the cusp of saying that there was absolutely very little changed when comparing him to the TFP main line figure but after I started playing around with him did I notice how much these changes made the difference! He's such an amazing figure and I'm almost thinking my favorite Deluxe Autobot Carbot to date!

Loving how this takes the classical Headlight/Chest panel and tweaked it so that he has actual working pectorals when he moves his arms up and down and the ability to have him fold his arms in robot mode is just awesome! I really wish that Hasbro took this and used it for another figure and the tweaks would have made an awesome Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen depending on how it's modded.

I'm really enjoying this guy! Last TFP First edition needed is the illusive Cliffjumper! Where arreee yoouuuu!?! :)