Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I picked up Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus too and I love him as well!!!

I'm having fun with this guy painting him with Sharpies! :D

Got Springer and Blitzwing at my local Walmart last night! Didn't open them up yet but so far both look incredible!!

This also means that my Transformers Animated Blitzwing is up for grabs for anyone interested :thumb

It's amazing that you say that. Why? Because last week I picked up an extra Beast Hunters Wheeljack and went to town on him with a Silver Sharpie. Let me tell you, getting rid of all that gold coloring makes this guy straight awesome looking!!!

Ha ha ! No. I didn't even know that you were doing that! I got the idea from Emgo and when I saw that he was putting some good detail into his Prime I thought I would be able to do the same thing but didn't stop at just the chest! now I'm needing Bronze Sharpie to give some contrast and also am thinking of getting some Gundam paint markers! :D

Got Springer and Blitzwing at my local Walmart last night! Didn't open them up yet but so far both look incredible!!

This also means that my Transformers Animated Blitzwing is up for grabs for anyone interested :thumb

It's amazing that you say that. Why? Because last week I picked up an extra Beast Hunters Wheeljack and went to town on him with a Silver Sharpie. Let me tell you, getting rid of all that gold coloring makes this guy straight awesome looking!!!

Ha ha ! No. I didn't even know that you were doing that! I got the idea from Emgo and when I saw that he was putting some good detail into his Prime I thought I would be able to do the same thing but didn't stop at just the chest! now I'm needing Bronze Sharpie to give some contrast and also am thinking of getting some Gundam paint markers! :D

That actually sounds interesting!! I have to figure out how to post pictures from my phone so I can post up Wheeljack!!

That actually sounds interesting!! I have to figure out how to post pictures from my phone so I can post up Wheeljack!!

Link me to it when you do! I'd love to see what you've done!

My last major purchase was Springer, and I think he's mediocre at best. Robot mode is ok, though the left chest section has a tendency to unpeg when I move the arm. Unstable chests are a pet peeve with me, but this is far from the worst case I've seen (nearly every movie Ironhide for example). I don't care for the lack of pegging together involved with the helicopter mode - the "side sections" are basically just supposed to stay in place due to friction - a big no-no IMO with a figure this big. Car mode is garbage. I'm very glad I never even considered getting rid of Defender. The transformation is a lot more complex, but everything actually stays where it's supposed to on Fansproject's version.

If this is the better of the Triple-Changers out right now, I'm not sure I want to try Blitzwing. If most people think Springer is almost perfect and I think it's poor, what will I think of Blitzwing, whom a lot of people say is terrible?

My last major purchase was Springer, and I think he's mediocre at best. Robot mode is ok, though the left chest section has a tendency to unpeg when I move the arm. Unstable chests are a pet peeve with me, but this is far from the worst case I've seen (nearly every movie Ironhide for example). I don't care for the lack of pegging together involved with the helicopter mode - the "side sections" are basically just supposed to stay in place due to friction - a big no-no IMO with a figure this big. Car mode is garbage. I'm very glad I never even considered getting rid of Defender. The transformation is a lot more complex, but everything actually stays where it's supposed to on Fansproject's version.

If this is the better of the Triple-Changers out right now, I'm not sure I want to try Blitzwing. If most people think Springer is almost perfect and I think it's poor, what will I think of Blitzwing, whom a lot of people say is terrible?

I just hit the ship my loot button on BBTS so I can get my Springer and Blitzwing. It sounds like these two will stay in their packaging as displays. I haven't heard too many good things about them. And Sandstorm looks like utter crap!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since Ibe posted a review of my figures. I received my AM-16 Jet Vehicon a few days ago. My first impression was WOW, why can't Hasbro's figures look this good. Now, in reality, these jet Vehicons are retools of he cars and don't really resemble the show versions, but they're not bad for what they are. I picked one up to build up an army of Vehicons. So, I have to say, I have never had this much enjoyment with a Transformer. Having to build the little weapon and applying decals was just plain fun!! All the decals were a perfect fit as well. I only had a problem with the decals on the shins of the Vehicon that wrinkled ever so slightly. But they just make the figure pop. The paint apps are superb as well. Now, I'm not much for gimmick weapons, which seems to be the norm for the Hasbro voyager class figures. The Arms Micron figure weapons are a welcome change though. Try may be gimmicky, but they're not bulky and when you transform hem, they stay in that position. I enjoyed putting the decals on Jet Vegicon so much, that I pulled Arms Micron Nemesis Prime off the shelf to finally put his decals on. Now, I won't go into too much detail on Jet Vehicon, because in robot mode, he's just like a regular car Vehicon, except he has wings on his back, which actually makes him look very menacing. If you aren't into troop building, then you can pass on his guy, especially since the Arms Microns are double the price of their Hasbro versions. But of you want troops, he's worth it. I even have the Jet Vehicon General, which I have standing next to Starscream. I believe I will put his decals on too. Indomt know why I never placed decals on my Arms Microns figures, but after placing them on Jet Vehicon, I'm hooked!!!

I just got the Optimus Prime with "TargetMaster" Roller the other day. Fun little bot but kind of a weird Optimus design. Funny thing is, I noticed really bad paint apps on the first one I grabbed off the peg. Ended up having to pick the "best" of the five on the pegs by laying them all out in a line. Even the one I ended up with had some paint issues. Nothing major, but far from perfect. Even Roller doesnt really extend properly to form his weapon mode. He looks kind of crooked. Still, really fun to have a small transformable Roller.

I cant wait to find the Starscream with Waspinator. I could care less about the BB and Megs from that line though.

Just picked up Springer, and on a whim, Sandstorm, even though I try to stay away from buying the same mold multiple times. But I'm really glad I did, I'm actually enjoying Sandstorm more than Springer right now. The extensive retooling means that he looks like Springer only under close scrutiny. His vehicle mode rolls extremely well (car modes that drag on the ground are a pet peeve of mine) thanks to the huge rear wheels, and it makes him looks like the Tumbler from Batman Begins. Vehicle mode looks AWESOME--it resembles a Hunter-Killer drone from Terminator, or maybe a Pelican Dropship from Halo, and it seems to be a bit sturdier than Springer's 'copter mode. In bot mode, the extra parts do occasionally get in the way and make him a bit back-heavy, but with a bit of fiddling, it's very easy to find great poses for Sandstorm, and he looks a LOT stronger and beefier than Springer. He does have some loose joints, specifally the shoulders--he can pose on his own fine, but the weight of the gun will evetually cause the arms to sag. I wish he had a sword or some sort of melee weapon, seeing as both of the other triple-changers came with swords, but oh well. Overall, not perfect, but a great figure nonetheless.