Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Just got in FP's CA-09 Car Crash. Um, he's little. He's in scale with their insecticons figures but closer to the scout class figures like Windcharger from the RtS series, an in between size from that and the deluxe class kinda. The figure is pretty neat and as always with FP, the engineering is tight, almost too tight in some cases with this one(lots O's tabs to contend with putting into alt mode). The bot mode mode is pretty dynamic and has some excellent posability. I want to completely recommend him but this series is coming off a bit pricey for what I have seen, however, if Motormaster is done properly, it won't make a difference to the Menasor crowd once all five pieces are out.

Pix later!

Picked up both the voyager and legends (cyberverse or whatever they call it now) Optimus Primes. Like them both, especially the wings on the voyager. They might not be the best Optimus Primes released recently, but they were fun enough for me. As I have said before its hard for me to pass up on any Optimus, so I am definitely bias towards any Optimus toy. These two look great on the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got Uranos - F-15 Eagle on Friday.

Not entirely thrilled with this chunk. It seems like they took the opposite direction as far as QC goes compared to Phantom. Eagle is loose in most of his joints and some of the design falls under the "We should have followed through" on this. He's a real good looking piece, but I'm going to have to mod him some so he'll be sure to stand properly in bot mode. The alt and limb modes works just fine oddly enough, but with everything packed away and snug, well, there you go.

Starting with the bot mode: The entire front end of the jet mode is packed onto his back(nose/cockpit and air intake veins) and they just hang there, loose. A tab to secure them or a ratchet would have been a great addition. The shoulder and hip joints work fine luckily. His upper leg/thigh areas that telescope down into his lower legs is my biggest complaint. The upper legs are constantly trying to slip down and in doing so makes the figure look gimpy in bot mode. I can actually remedy this fairly easy, but the parts on hinges, not so much. And for the price, I really shouldn't have to at all.

Over all I really enjoy the figure and his aesthetics but the near sloppy QC and the fear of too much play with the bot might break it or wear something out tugs it down somewhat. I had to mod Phantom some so his hip joints weren't so tight, and Blackbird will potentially need some mods too from what I've see(Optibotimus has it in his video review of the chest piece). That'll make it three for three(and yes, I'll be getting the entire group, so possibly five for five.) In for a penny, in for 500+ bucks in this instance.

C'mon TFC, what the hell happened?

It's starting to appear that way. Hercules/Not Devy was pretty good, even with the small goofs with replacing a part in Not long Hauls(Heavy Labor?) pelvic region and Exgravers shovel(which I have yet to have any issues with the original). I'm just cranky with the output from them as far as the Uranos figures go.

I have yet to have any real issues with FP products, other than being a touch smaller than normal. The only problem that I have had with any of their items are the hands/fingers of the Bruticus add-ons. That however is not their fault, I blame that on the ultra dry conditions in Oklahoma. I've got the PE figures for Frenzy, Rumble and the Shadow version of them that was supposed to go with the Nemesis Prime armor FP put out. Those have rocked and still set with FoC Soundwave while the Takara versions are doing other unmentionables on the shelves elsewhere.

I'm rambling, but I also digress.

• 1 month later...

I picked up Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus too and I love him as well!!!

I'm having fun with this guy painting him with Sharpies! :D

Got Springer and Blitzwing at my local Walmart last night! Didn't open them up yet but so far both look incredible!!

This also means that my Transformers Animated Blitzwing is up for grabs for anyone interested :thumb

I picked up Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus too and I love him as well!!!

I'm having fun with this guy painting him with Sharpies! :D

Got Springer and Blitzwing at my local Walmart last night! Didn't open them up yet but so far both look incredible!!

This also means that my Transformers Animated Blitzwing is up for grabs for anyone interested :thumb

It's amazing that you say that. Why? Because last week I picked up an extra Beast Hunters Wheeljack and went to town on him with a Silver Sharpie. Let me tell you, getting rid of all that gold coloring makes this guy straight awesome looking!!!